What was the last film you watched?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44

"Inspired by a true story". I'm not sure how factually accurate it is, and it seems to gloss over some key aspects of the characters. But there's a very specific story here - a fun and heartwarming film about connection between people. And on that level it works.

It looks great, seems to capture the time and place very well and has a foot-tapping soundtrack.​
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53

"Inspired by a true story". I'm not sure how factually accurate it is, and it seems to gloss over some key aspects of the characters. But there's a very specific story here - a fun and heartwarming film about connection between people. And on that level it works.

It looks great, seems to capture the time and place very well and has a foot-tapping soundtrack.​
I really liked this film and I don't agree with the "white saviour" criticism it got. I felt at different times both of the main characters saved the other. I did feel the homosexuality was glossed over too quickly, why put it in the film at all if you are not going to explore that side of his character too? Apart from those minor quibbles, I thought it was great and well deserved its Oscar.
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Last night I saw Gloria Bell (2019). Watching it really made me appreciate just how good an actress Julianne Moore is however, I felt the storyline of the film wasn't particularly strong and it didn't really go anywhere. The film is more of a character study of Gloria and we get glimpses of different scenes in her life interspersed with shots of her dancing in discos or singing along to music while driving her car. Without Ms Moore's brilliant performance the film would have been forgettable but she made it kind of worthwhile.

gloria-bell-movie-poster-logo-big.png
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Toy Story

The problem I've always had with this is that the the "real" characters (the humans and the dog) are animated in the same style as the toys so it's hard to tell them apart. I wonder if the ever considered animating the toys against a live-action background and, if so, why they decided against it.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I watched Triggered which focuses on gun crime in schools in the US (it was ok...), and Murder Mystery with Jennifer Aniston. It was silly but a lot of fun.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
1007277_fr_le_rite_1310563130790.jpg


Stories about faith are always difficult to discuss so I won't even go there, but if you have some interest in/affinity with the Catholic church then you'll probably enjoy this movie.
And Colin O'Donoghue looks very pretty (bring on the Thorn Birds remake!)
th
 

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV
4
 
Awards
6
Rocketman.

Thought that it pi**ed over Bohemian Rhapsody (which I loved) because it was a warts and all film.

I also adore Taron Egerton.
 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
In Bruges (2008)

MV5BOTY3YjgwZTctZmFkNy00ZjlhLThhNTgtOGU3NTc4NjY1ODE1L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc3MjUzNTI@._V1_.jpg


An idiosyncratic gem - funny, violent and surprisingly touching. Brendan Gleeson and Colin Farrell are the business.
 
Top