Dallas in the 90's

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin.:) I love this story so much. Clayton and Miss Ellie are so cute together on their vacation. :)I can't wait for them to return home to Southfork so they can meet their new granddaughter Rebecca. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Crazy about SE and JR, I can see now why you are anxious and it's a good point you have that things will change once the whole family is back under the same roof. But at least Miss Ellie is still around to keep the boys in check!

Sanda, yes Miss Ellie and Clayton will return home soon...

Then now here's another update:


The same afternoon in La Spezia, Italy, Lucas was sitting in the office room, looking through his father’s phone book. He smiled as he found the number for his grandparents and then went on dialing the number to Southfork. After it had rung twice his dad picked up the phone. “Southfork Residence, this is Ray Krebbs!”

“Hi daddy, it’s me,” Lucas smiled.

Ray smiled at the familiar child voice and said, “Lucas, how are you doing son?”

“Okay, but I miss you,” Lucas replied.

“I miss you too,” Ray replied. “So did you get home alright?”

“Yes of course. The plane was really big and they showed The Lion King on TV. I stayed awake to watch the whole movie but Charlie slept all thru it.”

Ray flinched at the mentioning of Charlie’s name. Then he muttered, “I can imagine. She’s arrived at Capri alright?”

“Yes, it’s just mommy and me at home.”

Ray swallowed, “So how is mommy?”

“Probably jetlagged since she’s been so tired since we got home and doesn’t eat much. I think she’s longing to go to Gstaad. When are you coming home so we can go daddy?”

Ray sighed and he felt guilty when he said, “I’m sorry Lucas, but I just arrived here and you remember my daughter Margaret?”

“Yes,” Lucas nodded.

“Well I’m planning to see her so…”

“Oh you’re going up to Washington before coming home!”

“Something like that yeah,” Ray dodged the question, as he didn’t really want to admit that he’d invited Margaret and Donna to come visit him at Southfork. Because it might hurt his son’s feelings as Lucas had never been allowed to go there.

“So you’re not coming with us to Gstaad this summer?”

“I’m afraid not son,” Ray said.

Lucas looked disappointed. “That’s too bad. It won’t be the same without you,” Lucas said sadly before adding. “So when are you coming home then?”

Ray twitched uncomfortably, “Listen Lucas, I’ve got to go now. Uncle JR and I are going to Fort Worth.”

“Oh okay, give grandma and grandpa a hug from me.”

“Will do, when they get home,” Ray promised. “Bye son.”

“Bye daddy.” Lucas replied. “I love you!”

“You too,” Ray said and hurried to hung up the phone before the kid had a chance to ask him why he didn’t want to speak to Jenna or send her his love. It pained him to do so as hearing from Lucas he felt torn. Because no matter of the problems he had with Jenna the last thing he wanted to do was to hurt his son. Because Lucas really was everything he’d ever wanted in a son. He was athletic, a quick study, energetic, smart and he loved doing outdoor activities with his dad like fishing, skiing, playing football or going to watch car races. For many years he’d built his entire marriage with Jenna around their mutual love of that boy. But lately he’d started to feel like not even Lucas was reason enough to keep their marriage together…
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I am glad that Lucas got to talk to his Daddy Ray on the phone for a few minutes. :)I feel bad for Jenna and Lucas in your story because they are home all alone in Italy while Ray is in the states visiting with their family at Southfork.:( I hope things get better for Jenna and Lucas soon. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Sanda and Silvie. :)

Sanda, things will improve for Jenna and Lucas later on...

Silvie, I'm glad that you still like this story, here's the next update:



Over by the stables, were Bobby, Chris, Pam and Rebecca walking around among all the horses. It was the first time the four of them were all alone together as Bobby and Pam thought it would be a good idea to spend the day together as a family. So they had decided to go out on a ride together just the four of them. Besides for getting to spend some time together it was also a way to show Rebecca the ranch. Christopher was looking sullen and was guarded as he walked next to Bobby. Rebecca on the other hand was excited, as she walked in between her parents, holding their hands. “Oh look at all the ponies mommy!” Rebecca beamed. “I’ve never seen this many horses at the same time before!”

Her parents laughed at her and Bobby said, “But I thought you said you could ride?”

“I can, but the stable I go to back home only have ten ponies,” Rebecca explained. “There got to be at least 30 ponies in here!”

“Actually we got 38 horses,” Bobby smiled.

“Oh cool, so which one do I get to ride today?” Rebecca asked.

“Oh I’m sure we’ll find you a suitable pony,” Bobby promised, as they stopped in front of a box with a smaller pony, “Hey how about this one?”

“Oh he’s cute, what’s his name?” Rebecca asked.

“Dawn,” Bobby replied. “It’s actually a she pony.”

“Oh,” Rebecca looked embarrassed for getting it wrong before she shifted her attention to the animal. “Hi Dawn," she started petting the pony, which took to her immediately.

Bobby smiled when he saw that, "I think she likes you."

"I like her too," Rebecca smiled. "Actually I think she’s marvelous, so can I have her as my very own pony?”

“Well you can borrow her today and then we’ll see how you get along…” Bobby promised.

“Okay, but I’ve always wanted a pony of my own, so it would make me really, really, really, really happy if I can have her!” Rebecca said pleadingly.

“I hear you,” Bobby nodded. “So what do you say, should I saddle her up for you?”

“Yes please,” Rebecca smiled.

Bobby then took out the pony and started to saddle her, as he did that Rebecca followed him, which left Pam and Christopher standing a little to the side. An awkward silence occurred as mother and son had so much to say to each other and yet neither one of them knew where to start. Christopher looked hopeful at his mother, waiting for her to start apologizing for leaving him or at least explain things to him. But when she finally spoke she completely avoided the tough subjects, as she said, “So what’s the name of your horse Christopher?”

“Trailblazer,” Christopher said.

“Okay,” Pam nodded, before adding. “So well since your daddy is off helping Rebecca with her horse why don’t you help me pick out a horse as well?”

Christopher snorted, “God you’ve really been away long, haven’t you?”

Pam bit her lip wondering what she’d said wrong, “Yeah I guess I have.”

“You must have had a blast over in Los Angeles huh?”

“It was alright,” Pam said carefully.

“Just alright?”

“Yeah it’s not easy to start over and make a new life for yourself…”

“I don’t believe you,” Christopher said raising his voice. “I think it was real easy, I bet you forgot all about your old life here at Southfork real fast…”

“Christopher that’s not true!”

“It is,” Christopher said hurt. “Because if you hadn’t you wouldn’t need my help to pick out a horse. You would have just walked up and saddled him.”

Pam eyes widened, as it suddenly dawned on her, “You’ve kept Moonwalker?”

“Yep,” Christopher nodded. “You didn’t think we’d get rid of him just because you left now, did you?”

“I’m sorry Christopher, I didn’t think…” Pam could feel the tears start to well up behind her eyes.

Christopher stomped his foot into the ground saying, “Well that’s just it, you never think, you just do things without thinking of how it affects other people…”

Pam crossed her arms defensively in front of her, “What are you getting at?”

“You know what,” Christopher said annoyed. “I’m talking about how you choose to leave us, without thinking for a minute how it would affect me,” Christopher paused for a moment letting the impact of his word sink in before he went on, “Do you have any idea of what it’s like being a six year old boy and suddenly not have a mother anymore?”

“No,” Pam shook her head, as the tears welled over in her eyes. “Look Christopher I’m…”

Unfortunately Pam didn’t have a chance to finish that sentence before Rebecca interrupted them, “Mommy look at me!” Rebecca called excitedly. “I’m all ready to go!”

Pam dried her tears before she looked up and seeing Rebecca sitting on the horse she called back, “I can see that sweetie!”

“So now what are you waiting for?” Rebecca asked impatiently. “Pick a horse already so we can ride!”

Pam managed a smile, “Alright, I think I’ll take Moonwalker for a ride then.”

“You remembered?” Bobby asked astonished.

Pam nervously tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, “Well Christopher here told me you’ve kept my horse so…”

“Well yeah we did,” Bobby said uneasily, as he noticed the hurt expression on his son’s face. “I’m not sure if he’ll remember you, but sure you can take him for a ride!”

“Okay I think I will then,” Pam replied. “So where do I find him?”

“Oh he’s to your left, in the box closest to the wall,” Bobby called out for Pam. “Why don’t you go take him out and saddle him up while Christopher and I’ll get our horses?”

“Okay,” Pam nodded, before she walked off.

Watching her go, Bobby then walked up to Christopher and put a hand on his shoulder before he said, “So how are you doing son?”

“Not great dad, I never imagined it would be this hard,” Christopher sighed.

“Neither did I.”

“I mean I tried to talk to mom, but she’s just dodging my questions.”

Bobby sighed, “Well I know she’s hurt you real bad and you have the right to some answers. But we got to give it some time.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean she just got here and she’s still trying to adapt to being back. So we can’t expect everything to be perfect right away just because she’s back. These things takes time and I’m sure once she’ll get a little more settled, she’ll sit down and explain everything to you. But until then, give her some time, will you?”

“Okay dad,” Christopher nodded.

“Good,” Bobby smiled, before adding in a light hearted tone, “So now why don’t we go saddle up our horses before that kid sister of yours rides off without us?”

Christopher smiled, “She sure is impatient, isn’t she?”

“Oh yeah if you think this is bad, you should be happy that you didn’t have to spent three days in the car with her!"

Christopher who up until now had been feeling a little excluded asked, “So you didn’t have a fun road trip without me then?”

“Well unless you call listening to Rebecca asking us if we aren’t there yet every five minutes and stopping five times in a day for a toilet stop fun…” Bobby said with a twinkle in his eyes.

His comments made Christopher laugh, “That bad huh?”

“Yeah, trust me son, you haven’t missed anything!” Bobby reassured his son.

Christopher nodded, as he was feeling a little better already. Because hearing his dad talk like that made him realize that even if his mother and sister were a part of their family now, there was no risk that they would ever come between him and his dad.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin. :)Bobby, Pam, Christopher, and Rebecca are so cute together getting ready to go horseback riding. I hope things work out for them and that they are able to be a family. :)I am also hoping that Christopher and his mom patch things up soon because I am getting a little tired of his negative attitude towards his mom.:( I am surprised that his dad didn't tell him not to speak
rudely to his mom in front of his sister Rebecca. ;)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :)
Then as for Christopher I think his negative attitude towards Pam is to be expected considering the fact that Pam left Christopher when he was 6 years old and then stayed away for almost 8 years. So I think Chris is entitled to an explaination and to be angry. If Bobby & Pam were still married and Chris was being rude to Pam I'm sure Bobby would have told him off. But they are divorced and even if Bobby has forgiven Pam let's not forget that her leaving them has hurt him deeply too. So at this point Bobby is more likely to side with his son over his ex-wife.

Then now it's time for another update:


At Fort Worth’s cattle auction were Ray and JR sitting watching the cattle being moved around in the arena, as people were bidding on their live stock. They were there to sell some animals rather than buying. JR whined, “Isn’t it just typically Bob to bail on responsibility just because that Barnes woman’s come back into his life again?”

“Well Bobby asked me to handle the cattle auction for him. Nobody said you had to come along,” Ray said.

“What’s the matter, are you saying that you don’t want my company?”

“I’m saying that my land’s not for sale.”

“Your land?” JR questioned. “I’m not here because I want to buy your land!”

“Okay so spit it out then, what is it you want this time?”

“Why do you think I want something?”

“Because you always do,” Ray insisted.

“Well not this time, I just want to spend some time with you.”

“That’s very touching JR, but hardly convincing. Since you and I stopped socializing after you stole Garnet McGee from me!”

JR snorted, “Oh come on Ray, that’s ancient history!”

“It still doesn’t change what you did. We were friends and you backstabbed me!”

“I didn’t,” JR denied it. “I was just trying to help you!”

“Oh really JR?” Ray laughed. “I’ve heard a lot of crap coming out of your mouth before but that gotta be the best one yet…”

“Well think about it, the girl was trash and we both know it. I just wanted to make you aware of whom she was before you got hitched,” JR gave Ray his best shit eating grin. “You don’t have to thank me, but if you think about it you’ll realize that you were way too good for that tramp.”

“That tramp was my girlfriend,” Ray reminded JR.

“Yes but if you had married Garnet you wouldn’t have met Donna and can you honestly tell me that what you two had wasn’t better?” Ray’s silence spoke louder than words and JR smiled, “I thought that much. Then there’s Jenna, now that’s a girl I really like.”

“So I’ve noticed when you’ve stopped by to visit us in Italy. Still it must just kill you that she ended up with me rather than Bobby…” Ray said bitterly.

But to his surprise JR just brushed it off, “Nah it’s okay, you’re my brother too and you deserve to be happy.”

Ray’s eyes narrowed, “Now seriously JR, what do you want?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Because you only acknowledge that I am your brother when it’s convenient for you…”

“Well that was before Ray,” JR said. “I know you and I don’t see eye to eye on everything. But I do understand where you’re coming from better now…”

“You do?” Ray asked skeptically.

“Sure do, I mean I’ve got my own bastard child now,” JR chuckled. “I don’t believe you’ve met my son James?”

“Can’t say that I have,” Ray shrugged his shoulders.

“Anyway when James came into my life he gave me a better understand of what you’ve been through. All this time you’ve just wanted somewhere to belong and I never made things easy for you,” JR acknowledged. “So for what it’s worth, I’d want us to try to get along during your visit!”

“Well thank you JR, I almost think you mean that.”

“I really do Ray,” JR said, putting his hand on Ray’s shoulder and giving it a little pat. Then just when Ray thought JR might be there with pure intentions he asked, “So just how long are you planning to stay with us this time?”

Ray sighed, as he finally realized what JR was after, “So that’s it huh?” Ray asked. “You’d like to be my brother but only when I’m living on the other side of the world?”

“No,” JR denied it. “I just mean that Jenna is one hell of a woman Ray. You’d be foolish if you’d let her go.”

“Stay out of it JR!” Ray said warningly. “Whether or not I return to Jenna or not, is really none of your damned business!”

“That might very well be so, but I still think you should return to Europe, if not for Jenna, do it for Lucas. That boy thinks you’re his father. You have responsibilities Ray,” JR reminded Ray and this time his words did get to him, as Ray could feel a sense of guilt tugging at his heart.

“I know,” Ray sighed. “But don’t you worry, I don’t plan on letting Lucas down.”

“Well that’s all I wanted to hear,” JR grinned, as it seemed like his little plan to get rid of Ray Krebbs was working like a charm. Sure he had gotten used to having Ray as his half-brother by now and he did like the man. There were occasions when Ray had been useful, like when Cliff Barnes had tried to take over Ewing Oil or when BD Calhoun had kidnapped John Ross or during the ranch war with Carter McKay. Still at the end of the day JR didn’t like to share what was rightfully his by birth, namely Ewing Oil and Southfork, with his brothers. So therefore he had been thrilled when Ray had decided to move to Europe and now he wanted to make damn sure that the Krebbs clan decided to stay there for good. Since Ray was right, he did like him better when he was living on the other side of the world…
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin.:) I love this story so much. :) Ray and JR are so cute agruing about their past while they are attending a cattle auction together in Forth Worth. I could just picture JR whining about having to attend a cattle auction with Ray. :) You wrote their relationship perfectly.:)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. I'm glad you thought I'd managed to capture Ray and JR's relationship perfectly in the scene. :)


The next day in Australia, Lucy and Mitch were out paddling around Bedarra Island in a tandem kayak for two persons. Lucy was looking like she was having the time of her life while Mitch was looking more guarded. Lucy pointed into the clear blue water and said, “Mitch look what a beautiful fish!”

“Yeah, yeah,” Mitch said unenthusiastically. “Don’t forget to keep track of where we’re going!”

“Of course I am, but the whole point with this excursion is to experience the wild life of the reef!”

“And I am, but I don’t wanna end up in the ocean!”

Lucy sighed, “Come on live a little, will you?”

“I am. I followed you on this kayaking, didn’t I?”

Lucy turned around and said, “Yes and I appreciate it darling, now if you just relax and…”

“Keep your eyes on the water!” Mitch interrupted her.

“Don’t have a cow,” Lucy said and looked out over the calm ocean. “The water’s so still that there’s nothing to worry about!” Lucy turned her head towards the sun, closing her eyes as she was enjoying the breeze.

However the moment was interrupted by Mitch who suddenly screamed, “Oh My God!”

Lucy opened her eyes and said worried, “What?”

She turned towards Mitch who had a big smile on his face as he said, “Look at that cute baby turtle!” Lucy shook her head before she started laughing, thinking amused to herself, now look who’s not keeping his eyes on where we’re going!
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Loved JR and Ray's trip to the cattle auction, that was funny. JR DID do Ray a favour where Garnett was concerned and the way he reacted always pissed me off. Ray didn't think about their friendship when he took advantage of an emotional (and probably drunk) Sue Ellen did he?
Still it WAS a nice, if not genuine brotherly moment before that part of the conversation LOL.
However I want Ray to get back with Donna, not Jenna. Washington is still outta Dallas right?.
Cool moment with Lucy and Mitch too.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Honkytonkangel, you raise a very good point when you say that Ray started it by going after JR's wife, which is actually even worse than what JR did with Garnet. Also I don't think JR is even aware of what happened between Ray and Sue Ellen as I can't see either one of them ever telling him that. :(
I think most everyone prefers Ray together with Donna over Ray and Jenna. So far I've only come across like one fan who shipped Ray & Jenna. lol

Sanda, I'm glad you enjoyed the Lucy & Mitch scene. When they return to the states they are going to try something they have never done before in their marriage...to live at Southfork! ;)
So yeah you'll see how that will work out for them...

Anyway time for another update and now it's back to Italy...


A bit later that day in downtown La Spezia, Italy. Next to the Piazza Garibaldi square there was a pink house with four floors and white balconies. The top floors were apartments and at the ground level stores were located. The people who walked by the stores looked into the shop window of a clothes store. The boutique was named La Fiore and it was owned by Jenna. Inside the boutique was Jenna busy unpacking some clothes boxes together with an Italian woman with tall black hair named Angese, who worked for her. The women were having a conversation in Italian. Jenna said, “I’m so angry I haven’t even talked to him.”

“I can understand that,” Angese said compassionately. “But it’s all so strange it doesn’t sound like Ray.”

“I know but…” Jenna shook her head, as she hung up some new summer dresses on a hanger. “I guess he’s just missing his family.”

“But you are his family!”

Jenna smiled, “I’d like to think so.”

“So what are your plans now?” Angese asked. “Are you and the kids still going to Gstaad for the summer?”

Jenna shook her head, “I don’t think so. After this I probably need to go back to the US to straighten things out with Ray.”

“Yeah that sounds like a good idea.” Angese folded a sweater before asking, “So how is Lucas taking this?”

Jenna sighed, “Fine because I told him his dad’s just on a visit to Southfork and apparently Ray told him on the phone that he’s coming back home after the summer…”

“Well there you go,” Angese smiled. “You’re worrying about nothing…”

“I’m not so sure about that,” Jenna said. “I don’t think Ray is coming back.”

“Well girl then you’d better hurry on over there and bring him home.”

“That’s the plan,” Jenna said. “As soon as Charlie comes home from Capri we’re out of here…”

“Now that’s the Jenna I know,” Angese smiled. “So I guess Charlie’s happy about going back to her boyfriend earlier, huh?”

Jenna sighed, “I don’t know…”

“What do you mean?” Angese asked. “She’s crazy about this Randy!”

Jenna smiled, “That she is, but I actually haven’t told her what’s going on yet.”

“Why not?”

“She’s on vacation with her friends, I don’t wanna ruin that for her,” Jenna said, as she hung up some blouses on the clothes hanger.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin. :)I love this story so much.:) I hope things get better for Charlie, Jenna and Lucas soon. :)I love the idea of Lucy and Mitch living at Southfork with Lucy's family after their honeymoon. :)That will definitely be different and interesting. ;)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for your feedback Sanda. :)
Well I'd say things are going pretty good for Charlie at the moment. You're about to find out some more about her post-graduation plans...

On to the update:

Meanwhile in Capri, Italy, Charlie and two Italian friends were walking around in the garden of the Certosa di San Giacomo Monastery. They were talking in Italian as they were enjoying the view of the azure blue water and the three rocks that shots up from the Mediterranean Sea right outside of the coast of Capri. They stopped at the lookout point where Paulo Abbatini, a handsome Italian man with black hair and brown eyes prepared to take a photo of the girls with the backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea. “There we go, beautiful picture girls!”

The young women smiled at him as he snapped their photo and then his girl-friend Stephanie Marenzio, an Italian woman, with long brown hair said, “It’s so beautiful here!”

Paulo put down his camera and said, “Sure is and this place has such an interesting history. Did you know that they call these rocks the three protectors?”

Charlie hided a yawn and said, “No, so when are we going back to the shopping district?”

Paulo and Stephanie laughed at her before Paulo shook his head amused, “You American girls, all you want to do is to go shopping!”

Stephanie put her arm around Charlie’s shoulder and said, “Don’t worry Charlie, the shops doesn’t close until 8 so we’ve got plenty of time!”

“Besides it’s siesta, so everything’s closed now,” Paulo reminded her.

“Shit, I forgot about that,” Charlie cursed.

“Well now you’ll understand why we had to go sightseeing for a bit,” Stephanie said.

Charlie nodded, “Sure but a monastery, seriously?”

“Oh come on it’s beautiful here,” Paulo insisted.

“Yeah and old too, it’s from the 1300s, you don’t have these kind of old buildings in the USA, do you?”

“No we don’t but you guys I just graduated. I don’t want to think about work now, I’m on vacation.”

“Gotcha,” Stephanie said. “So are you worried the kids will give you a hard time when you start teaching this fall?”

Charlie rolled her eyes, “It’s High School, what do you think?”

“I think I understand why you don’t look forward to start working,” Paulo said jokingly.

“Right,” Charlie smiled. “But I do look forward to see Randy again!”

“Yeah it’s a shame he couldn’t come with us,” Paulo said.

“So where in the US was it you were gonna move to now again?” Stephanie asked.

“Dallas,” Charlie smiled, as there was something about that place that had always felt like home to her and she couldn’t wait to move back.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
So today it's four years since Larry passed away. When my sister and I began writing this story he, BBG and Howard Keel were still with us. After each of their passing we've found it momentarily difficult to write for their characters and yet we've somehow found a way to go on writing. Today I find it oddly comforting that even after the actors are long gone their Dallas characters can still live on in our hearts and stories and imagination. Writing new scenes for them almost makes it feel like they are still here.

Just a little sidenote before I'll post today's update and yes it's a JR one... ;)


The same afternoon at the Ewing Oil building in Dallas, JR was sitting behind his desk. He was tied up on the phone with an oil executive in California and he was receiving some disturbing news. Listening to what the other man had to tell him JR frowned before he said, “I see, thank you for explaining. Yeah it is too bad. But at least now we know, thank you, you too, bye!” JR looked angry when he hung up the phone. Then he buzzed his secretary, “Sly?”

“Yes JR?”

“Ask Phyllis to send Bobby in here, ok?”

“Sure JR,” Sly agreed.

JR then went back to studying some papers on his desk until the door opened and Bobby walked into his office. “JR, you wanted to see me?”

“Yes, Bobby I just had a phone call from Mr. Johnson at Pedro Group in California, what were you thinking blowing off that meeting?”

Bobby sighed as he had been dreading this conversation, “JR I’ve already told you I met Pam!”

“I see,” JR’s eyes narrowed. “So do you know that your rendezvous with that woman just cost us their company?”

“No,” Bobby sighed. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Yeah they couldn’t wait so they sold the company to someone else!”

“Well I figured they might but you got to understand that Pam’s more important than…”

“Save it, we both know what I think about that woman. She’s no good for you.”

“Look JR I am just as sorry as you are that we lost that company but that’s no…”

“Never mind its water under the bridges,” JR interrupted Bobby.

“Then why did you call me in here?”

“Because I wanted to talk to you about something,” JR motioned at Bobby to have a seat in one of the chair on the other side of his desk.

Bobby reluctantly sat down, “Okay what’s up?”

“It’s about Christopher…”

Bobby looked surprised, “Christopher?”

“Yes, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the poor thing has been miserable ever since his mother and that child of hers arrived here…”

Bobby sighed, “I know but that’s just because he’s having a hard time to adapt to having to share me with his sister…”

“And you’re blind little brother,” JR said. “It goes way deeper than that. He doesn’t trust his mother after she left him and quite frankly who can blame him?” JR paused for a moment giving his brother time to take in what he had just said before he went on, “Hell I’m surprised that you trust that woman after everything she’s put you through…”

Bobby looked annoyed as he said, “And your point being?”

“The child,” JR spelled it out for him. “How can you be so sure she really is your daughter?”

“Cut it out JR, Pam told me she is my daughter and she has no reason to lie about something like that…”

“Oh really?” JR questioned, “Because if you ask me, she has plenty of reason to do exactly that. I mean the woman disappears for eight years and then realizes she’s made a mistake. So what better way to weasel her way back into your life again than to use the child?”

Bobby stood up, “Stop it JR, I won’t listen to this…” he made a motion to walk away.

But JR stopped him, “Well I don’t want to be the one to tell you this. But I’m doing it because you’re my brother and I love you and someone’s got to watch out for you. I just don’t want to see you and Christopher get hurt again…”

“I appreciate that,” Bobby said. “But I've had enough of your ways."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I know you JR and soon you're gonna tell me that you’re only doing what’s best for me…”

“No I won’t,” JR shook his head. “I’m just saying that if I were you I’d want some kind of proof of paternity, because lord knows you can never take a woman’s word for anything these days. Hell do you remember when John Ross first was born?” JR asked. “I wouldn’t even touch my own son since I wasn’t sure he was really mine…”

“I remember,” Bobby sighed. “That paternity test sure gave you peace of mind, huh?”

“It sure did, and that’s what I want for you too,” JR explained.

“Well I don’t need it, since it’s different with me and Pam, unlike you and Sue Ellen we never cheated on each other…”

“Well if you’ll say so, still it can’t hurt to ask for some proof. I mean if the child’s really yours Pam won’t mind sharing her birth certificate now, would she?”

Bobby closed his eyes, as JR had hit a nerve. “Well maybe she wouldn’t but that quite frankly is none of your business…”

“Well that’s where you’re wrong baby brother. Because when your personal life makes Ewing Oil bleed it is my business!” JR disagreed. “Now why don’t you pull yourself together and do whatever it takes to sort out your personal life before it cost us any more deals, okay?”

“JR you’re unbelievable…” Bobby snorted. “Here you had me half convinced that you actually care about Christopher and me, but when it comes right down to it, all you care about is this precious company!”

“Nope that’s where you’re wrong little brother. I do care about you and well this isn’t just any company. It’s the company our daddy built and the company our sons will take over some day and I don’t know about you but I sure as hell want to leave my boy one hell of a legacy.”

“Well don’t you think I want that too?”

“Good then we’re on the same page about this,” JR put his hand around Bobby’s shoulder and grinned. “Now let’s work together to make Ewing Oil even bigger than it was before…” JR gave Bobby’s shoulder a little pat. “I was thinking maybe we don’t have to go all the way out to California for our next business venture. There’s still a lot of little oil companies left here in Texas for us to buy out it’s just a matter of finding out where and…” JR went on talking business and listening to him Bobby could feel his anger fade away. Because even though some of JR’s methods were questionable he knew that when it came to the company, JR was ready to do whatever it took to succeed and that made him a pretty darn good business partner to have...
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. I am glad that you still love this story. :)
You'll find out a bit later what will happen with Bobby, Pam, Christopher & Rebecca. But first it's time to go back to England...


The next day in London, England, Sue Ellen was standing in a pink room with a high ceiling, pink wall to wall carpet, flower curtains by the windows and a vanity table and four white closets with glass doors. It was the master bedroom she shared with Don. A big suitcase was laying open on the big double bed and the closet doors were open, as Sue Ellen was busy packing for her USA trip. Walking back and forwards between her closets and the bed she could feel the butterflies roam around in her stomach, as a part of her still couldn’t believe that she was actually going back to Southfork tomorrow. What the hell am I doing going back there? A part of her was starting to have second thoughts about this. Because the idea of seeing JR again both scared and excited her and she hated feeling like this. What if he breaks down my defenses again? Sue Ellen pondered, as she was feeling conflicted about this trip. However once the door to their bedroom opened and her husband walked into the room she was once again reminded of why she was going across the Atlantic. To get away from Don!

Don crossed his arms and said angrily, “I can’t believe you’re actually going on this trip!”

“We’ve been through this before Don. I am just going to Texas for a month to see my family!”

“Those bloody Ewings are not your family anymore!”

“Well they are my son’s family and that makes them my family!” Sue Ellen insisted stubbornly. “Besides I thought we might head down to Santa Fe to see my Mama too!”

“Your Mama?” Don echoed displeased. “Are you sure that’s such a good idea?”

“Sure why not?”

“Well you know how you get whenever your mother’s around.”

“Yeah but she’s still my mama and I haven’t seen her since Christmas two years ago…”

“Well it’s not my fault she decided to go on a cruise last Christmas rather than come visit us in England…”

“It isn’t?” Sue Ellen asked angrily.

“Oh come on Sue Ellen surely you can’t blame me for…”

“Cut it out Don. I found the credit card receipt. You paid for that trip just to get rid of her!”

“Alright so what if I did?” Don asked defensively. “It’s not my fault she doesn’t like me. Besides she’s a controlling old bitch and you know it!”

“Don you’re talking about my mother!” Sue Ellen said offended.

“Yeah but that doesn’t make it less true. Besides any mother who’d rather go on a cruise than spend time with her daughter and grandson at Christmas is not worth getting worked up over…”

“It still was a rotten thing to do…”

“So is leaving on this trip,” Don insisted. “So what can I do to convince you to stay?”

“Nothing, since I’m going…”

“Even if I file for a divorce when you’re gone?” Don asked.

His words caught Sue Ellen off guard as she stopped dead in her track. It’s the second time he’s mentioned a divorce, what if he’s serious? She bit her lip as a part of her was starting to get worried. Yet she had too much pride to show her insecurities to him so she just said, “You wouldn’t!”

“What makes you so sure?” Don challenged her.

“Because you’d be miserable without me…”

“True but what if I would?” Don asked. “What if it came down to a choice between me, your husband, or this trip to Southfork?”

“Hey that’s not fair. I’ve already promised John Ross!”

“Who said anything about being fair?” Don asked. “I’m just asking you, would you stay if our marriage depended upon it?”

Sue Ellen bit her lip again, as she didn’t like the way this conversation was going. Since what he was really asking her to do was making the impossible choice between him and her son and she wouldn’t do it. Not again. Sue Ellen promised herself mentally. Because she had already put Don before her son once and that almost broke her heart, so she felt like she just couldn’t do it again. However she couldn’t tell Don that so she didn’t really know what to say and luckily before she had to answer, John Ross walked into the room, with a wireless phone pressed against his ear, “Hey mom, dad wants to know which time he should pick us up at the airport tomorrow?”

“He won’t, since your mom’s not going!” Don said grumpily.

“But Mama you promised!” John Ross said disappointed.

Sue Ellen sighed, “I know John Ross but…” Sue Ellen took a deep breath, as she looked from her husband to her son. Both were looking at her like they wanted something from her and it angered her that she had to make one of them disappointed.

“You’re not having second thoughts about this are you?” John Ross asked worriedly. “I mean grandma and grandpa Farlow and everyone are counting on you to come and they’d be so disappointed if you’d change your mind…”

Seeing the pleading look in her son’s blue green eyes she knew that she had to stick to her promise. So she took a deep breath before she said, “Of course I haven’t changed my mind. You can tell your dad to pick us up at 1.30 tomorrow.”

“Thanks mom, you’re the best!” John Ross grinned, as he gave her a kiss on the cheek before he said excitedly into the phone, “Did you hear that dad, you can pick us up at the airport tomorrow at 1.30!” John Ross gave Don his best shit eating grin, which he knew annoyed the hell out of his step-father.

Surely enough Don’s face was turning red with anger, “But Sue Ellen I thought…”

“Not another word Don, I’ve already promised John Ross that I’m going with him to Dallas this summer and that’s final. So either you can sulk about it or you can drive us to the airport tomorrow!”

Don looked disappointed from Sue Ellen’s determined face to John Ross smug face as he kept talking to his father. Hearing John Ross talk was getting on his nerves and he could feel the anger build up within him as he knew that it was the bloody kids’ fault. Everything was just fine before that monster child came to live with them four years ago. Seeing the gloating expression on his step-son’s face Don felt like slapping the little bastard, but knowing better than that he simply turned around and walked away with angry steps, slamming the door behind him. Watching him go, Sue Ellen sighed, as she couldn’t help but worrying about what this trip would do to her marriage. But John Ross just smiled, as he’d kept up his end of the bargain. Soon his mother would be out of the clutches of that Lockwood fellow and back at Southfork where his dad could work his charm on her. Yes John Ross surely had much to smile about as he knew that round three was definitely won.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. You'll find out soon how their reunion will go. But before then somebody needs to come home... ;)


The same evening at Southfork were JR, Ray, Bobby, Pam, Christopher and Rebecca sitting down for another tense family dinner. They were about half way through dinner when the front door suddenly opened and in came an older lady with blond hair, kind eyes and a warm smile. A tall, older man who had white hair, a moustache and a hearty laugh accompanied her. Miss Ellie and Clayton were oblivious to anyone else in the room at first as they were in the middle of a lively discussion. Miss Ellie laughed, “I still can’t believe how you managed to order snails.”

“I know but it was you who picked the restaurant,” Clayton pointed out.

Miss Ellie smiled, “True, I guess we’re quite some pair you and I.”

“We sure are and snails and no snails it was a great vacation,” Clayton replied before he leant down and briefly kissed Miss Ellie.

JR saw them and muttered, “Typical, that idiot Farlow surely hasn’t changed a bit and he arrives right on time for dinner so that he can occupy my daddy’s chair again.”

“Did you say something JR?” Bobby asked.

“No nothing, just that it’s good to have mama home again,” JR faked another smile and Bobby and Pam exchanged a glance, as some things never changed.

Rebecca’s face lit up in a happy smile when she realized that this must be her grandma Ellie, whom her mom had spoken so fondly of. The family then started to get up from the table to welcome Miss Ellie and Clayton back and Rebecca was the first one to run up to them and give Miss Ellie a huge hug. She yelled happily, “Grandma! I’m so happy to finally meet ya!”

“Grandma?” Miss Ellie asked puzzled, as she looked down on the little brown haired girl, who was way too young to be her grand-daughter Betsy. “I’m sorry but now I’m not following you at all…are you sure this isn’t some kind of mistake?”

“Oh so you aren’t Miss Ellie?” Rebecca asked confused. “Because I thought that…”

“Yes I am Miss Ellie but…who are you?”

“Rebecca and I am positive that you are my grandma because my mom says so,” Rebecca smiled sweetly.

Miss Ellie frowned as there was something strangely familiar about the girls’ look although she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. “I see so who is your mother?”

“Mom,” Rebecca replied innocently.

Miss Ellie couldn’t help but smiling at the child, “I realize you call her that, but what’s her name dear?”

“Oh it’s Pamela,” Rebecca smiled proudly and it suddenly dawned on Miss Ellie who the girl looked like. But can it really be? Miss Ellie wondered.

Then her oldest son’s sarcastic voice confirmed her suspicions, “Barnes or Graison, or whatever name she goes by these days,” JR flashed a challenging smile at Pam and Miss Ellie just stared at the woman in amazement.

“It’s still Ewing JR,” Pam was none too amused. But Miss Ellie just smiled, as this just proved that it really was her long estranged daughter-in-law who had returned to them at last. Miss Ellie then tried to walk up to Pam but didn’t quite make it all the way before her sons came to greet her.

“Mama! Welcome home!” JR hugged Miss Ellie and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I’m sorry but John Ross couldn’t come until tomorrow”

“Ah so John Ross is coming home too?” Miss Ellie asked. “That’s good news!” Miss Ellie beamed, at the idea of having her other grandson back in the house. Miss Ellie then hugged Bobby and Ray, who also kissed her on the cheek. The boys then proceeded with welcoming Clayton back too and Miss Ellie hugged Christopher tightly before she finally found herself standing face to face with the woman who used to be married to her youngest son. “Pam.” Miss Ellie’s eyes got teary when she took a long good look at her. “I never thought that I’d live to see the day when you…” her voice got choked up with emotions.

“I know Miss Ellie…” Pam nodded and the women embrace. “It’s so good to see you.”

“You too Pam, it’s good to have you back home at last,” Miss Ellie smiled warmly and Pam stiffened a little at that last remark.

“Um…I’m not sure that…I mean we’re just here for…” Pam started to tell Miss Ellie that they were just visiting but seeing the hope in the older woman’s eyes she couldn’t quite bring herself to it. ”Um…I see you’ve already met Rebecca,” Pam let her hand rest of Rebecca’s shoulder. “She’s mine and…Bobby’s daughter,” Pam said seriously.

Miss Ellie looked amazed at the little girl as the last pieces fell to place, “Yes I can see that, there’s a good bit of both Ewing and Barnes in her,” Miss Ellie mused. “Still I don’t understand how…”

“She can be?” Bobby interrupted his mother who nodded. “Me neither to be honest, surely seems like a little miracle child, doesn’t she?”

“Yes how old are you Rebecca?”

“Seven,” Rebecca beamed with a smile that’s missing one tooth and Miss Ellie couldn’t help but smile at that.

“Makes sense,” Clayton did the math before turning to Pam. “So Pam what brings you back to Southfork?” Clayton asked. “Not that I’m not glad to see you, but we all thought you were never coming back…”

“Well I wasn’t sure if I was welcomed back. But then I ran into Bobby in Los Angeles last week…”

“Yeah I literally bumped into her, sweeping her off her feet and then when we started talking I noticed it was her,” Bobby filled in enthusiastically.

“And then one thing lead to another, Bobby suggested that I’d come back to Southfork to visit Christopher and…it’s really kind of a long story. Why don’t we tell you about it over dinner?” Pam suggested and Clayton and Miss Ellie exchanged a look.

“Sure sounds fine, I’m really starving,” Clayton replied and JR called out to Teresa to bring out two more plates. Teresa came out from the kitchen and did as she was told and also welcomed Mr. and Mrs. Farlow back home and then proceeded with carrying up their bags, as the two eldest members of the Ewing family joined the dinner table. Making it look more and more like back in the old days when it was all about family…
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Yay Miss Ellie's home. I hope she can sort her children out LOL. Loved Rebecca's reaction to meeting her grandma for the first time and trying to tell her who she was, that was cute.
Typical JR behaviour as ever at dinner too.
Now as for my girl Sue Ellen.... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER? why is she still so scared/upset by the idea of a divorce from Don (it's HIS failure NOT hers) He's being a complete arsehole STILL. John Ross is the problem?. Really? (I think he is the one being a monster AND a child)
I'm happy she didn't go back on word to John Ross and I think she needs to get the hell away from Don as soon as she can.
Still can't wait to see everyone home.
 
Top