What was the last film you watched?

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
The Omen

 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
The Watcher - new to Netflix and based on a true story. Very very good and very creepy!!!!

the-watcher-lifetime-movie-rue-story-house-derek-broaddus-maria.jpg
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
I, Daniel Blake - Astonishing film, hits you like a punch in the guts. One of the most thought-provoking films I've seen in many years, a true work of art. The praise given to this film by many critics is totally deserved.

Untitled-design-26.jpg
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14

Not as funny as I remembered but a nice fluff film all the same and strange to see Stephanie Beacham around the same time she was playing Sable on DYNASTY. Here she plays a character I guess based on Jackie Collins.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Alexis, I loved Troop Beverly Hills, it was my favorite movie growing up! :)

The last film I watched was "Come the Morning" from 1993 with Susan Howard.
It was actually better than I thought it would be. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
"Deadly Bet" (2992) with Charlene. It had too much kickboxing in it for my taste.
 

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
Concluding my Damien Thorn trilogy rewatch with...

The Final Conflict



I don't think I can bring myself to watch Omen IV: The Awakening for a second time.
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Elle - Not sure whether I liked this film or not. It had some great elements within it, especially the performance of Isabelle Huppert, but I think its 2 hour running length was to short too fully explore some of the characters' motivation for things they did in this multi-layered film.

Elle_poster.jpg
 
Last edited:

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Was in the mood for something a bit different so watched this first:

Eddie the Eagle

It was FANTASTIC :)

470-film-page-large.jpg


Followed by this - a complete change of mood - bloody brilliant but so awful!!! Priklopil was the lowest form of humanity if you could even call him a human!

3096days_051008.jpg
 

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
Cocoon


It's at least a couple of decades since I last watched it. Probably longer. It looks great in HD and, apart from a couple of montages set to a very Eighties soundtrack, it hasn't dated much.

I wonder what happened to Steve Guttenberg. I used to have quite a crush on him, and last night reminded me why.



e8c123620c0df3fe1e142cfca051151f.jpg




59c07e04def86110c079321f09892d9a.jpg
 

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
Challenger (1990)



The production values were as expected for a TV movie made almost three decades ago, but it was a very human story, respectfully and tastefully done. Karen Allen is always worth the entry fee.
 
Top