- Awards
- 7
yes actually i did mean that movie i liked it i thought it was a good movie but i'm prolly never going to watch it again i was just to lazy to look up the title lol
i wasn't sure how my feelings about Theater of Blood (1973) was going to get a reaction i had to re-write that a couple times so it wouldn't sound like someone evil cause i'm not.

I wasn't a big fan. It had not of the tension or mystery of the Hitchcock version. I would sum it up by saying it was bland.View attachment 25717
I wasn't in the mood to watch anything in particular so I figured I'd be safe with a Hitchcock remake.
The movie was just intriguing enough to keep me awake and there's nothing in it that's going to upset anyone. It's more like a very long and very pleasant episode of Downton Abbey.
I absolutely love this film. It's a brilliant combination of humour and horror. The storyline is almost identical to The Abominable Dr. Phibes (which I also loved) and also starred Vincent Price.Theatre Of Blood (1973)
![]()
Up there with the most bizarre films I've seen. It's genuinely horrific at times but the tongue never leaves the cheek. It's quirkily British, with a backdrop of early Seventies London and its surrounding areas.
And it features an impressive cast of big names of the time. Where else can one watch Vincent Price sawing Arthur Lowe's head off to a jolly soundtrack while Diana Rigg passes the instruments and Joan Hickson as Lowe's wife, mistakes the sawing for snoring and scolds her hubby. Or Robert Morley being force fed poodle pie - made from his beloved dogs - until he chokes. Or Diana Dors smothered for making noisy orgasmic groans while being massaged.
I honestly don't know if I enjoyed it, but I think I might have. I do want to giggle slightly hysterically when I think back on it.
@James from London can take theblamecredit for this one as it was one of the films mentioned in a British comedy podcast he put me on to a couple of months ago.
![]()
![]()
![]()
I believe so. Initial reports seem to be favourable.
I wish they would make a movie without a twist.The movie has a great twist but I think the trailer can spoil it
Watch Mank (2020), not only did it not have a twist, it didn't even have a plot.I wish they would make a movie without a twist.
Why would you subject yourself to this? Why? I hate this movie. I HATE IT. I had to sit through it several years ago when my sister came to visit and we watched it together with our Mom. Do you know who else hates it? Dr. Hunter "Patch" Adams. The filmmakers bought the rights to Dr. Adam's life story then wrote a fictional screenplay.PATCH ADAMS with Robin Williams. Just awful..
I wish they would make a movie without a twist.
