A first for me. I was expecting it to be rather terrible, but I enjoyed it very much.
British. 1970s. Farcical. And with a starry cast of familiar faces. It's near enough what I imagine the Carry Ons might have become had Norman Hudis continued to write them into the Seventies.
The Two Popes (2019). Interesting idea, superbly cast, great performances and a well executed film but ultimately I think it would have worked much better as a stage play.
Yes, another one. But I watch them mainly for the set designs, and this movie has some cool rooms. No gore whatsoever so it's also doable for those who don't like horror.
Another first. It was an enjoyable way to pass 2 and a half hours, but not as gripping as the previous film (which apparently is actually the sequel to this story in the novels). This one felt significantly more ersatz Bondian or Bournian. After viewing the original, the "twist" could be seen coming from the moment the relevant character appeared onscreen. Ian McKellen's absence did it no favours, either.
I don't know what it is supposed to represent - or if it is supposed to represent anything at all - but it had me glued to the screen. It's miserable, awkward, funny and tense.
Part screwball comedy, part moving relationship drama, very compassionate and funny, hugely watchable with lots of great characters. It reminded me a bit of Annie Hall and also made me want to re-watch Alan Parker's Shoot the Moon, which I haven't seen in years.
Ture Sventon. The 1972 version.
The private investigator with the flying carpet and the million disguises, forever in pursuit of his arch-enemy Ville "the weasel" Vessla.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.