What was the last film you watched?

Richard Channing

Eternal Member
LV
13
 
Awards
25
I like the sound of this. Kidman and Farrell both starred in the remake of the Beguiled, but I didn't like that as much as the original. Nothing to do with their performances though. More the directors choices. I think I will try and see this.
It's on the channel4 iPlayer at the moment.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
A Breath of Scandal
With Sophia Loren and my John Gavin. It's not great, more a little bit of a fluff piece. John is adorable as always and Sophia behaves just as we all would if he knocked us off our horse. @Willie Oleson might like this one? I don't know?


Part 2 is also on Dailymotion.
 

Werewillie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
mirrormirror+1990.jpg

Not a Snow White version.

It's a stupid cheesy movie, and yet there's something about it that makes it one of the better stupid cheesy movies.
The score and sound effects are pretty amazing. I didn't remember the final twist, so that was a nice surprise (again).
 

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
American Son on Netflix-


Predictable but so culturally relevant and visceral. It reminded me somewhat of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
 

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
45
The Woman In Black (2012)

the-woman-in-black-movie-poster.jpg



My second time watching and I enjoyed it almost as much as the first time (some five or six years ago).

It straddles the line between schlocky cheap ghost train jumps and genuinely creepy atmosphere. It's kind of like The Haunting meets What Lies Beneath meets William Castle. Fortunately, the atmospheric stuff - all long shadows in passageways, flickering lights and gloomy, forbidding rooms - comes out on top and makes it very watchable indeed. And very unsettling as well. It's one of those films where I have to make sure the curtains are closed because that feeling of being watched gets into the psyche.

Much of the delivery and phrasing is too modern for the period setting, Daniel Radcliffe's contemporary RP perhaps most of all. But he seems a nice young man, so all's forgiven.​
 

JR's Son

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
1
 
Awards
5
My Name is Nobody,

I recon Ray Krebbs is in the beginning of this :elvis: ,

as the Barber:-

 
Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
The (new) Lion King
​
I had heard critics were somewhat harsh on this movie. The Live-Action was jaw-dropping but I felt it lacked heart. It was like Disney were afraid to show too much darkness in fear of placing children on psychiatrists waiting lists.
 

cardiff1984

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
1
IT. Chapter 1.

Wouldn't want to watch this movie in the dark first watch. More jumpy and gruesome, than Stephen Kings 1990 3 hour TV movie.

Yet to watch chapter 2. I wonder what's in store?
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Hope Floats (1998)

I've always liked Sandra Bullock and it's nice to see how she's expanded her range through action, comedy and drama and developed into the Oscar winner she is now. Here she was also a producer.
 
Top