What was the last film you watched?

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Gacy.... Living proof that if you smell something rotten coming from your neighbour's house, that you should have it investigated. Immediately.

 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
Love is All You Need (2013)

love-is-all-you-need-poster.jpg


This is essentially Mama Mia, but in place of Abba songs, there's an actual plot. It's even got Pierce Brosnan in it. He's wonderful - they all are. I wanted to like Mama Mia but it did my head in, and this could easily have been just as buttock-clenching, but instead, it's really lovely, really charming, really touching.
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

I'm a sucker for these fantastic romances from Superman and Lois Lane on. I'm not sure how much sense the plot makes but who cares?
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

I'm a sucker for these fantastic romances from Superman and Lois Lane on. I'm not sure how much sense the plot makes but who cares?

I agree with you. I just loved this one. And that couple has never looked lovelier and hotter than here, not to mention the absolutely amazing score by Mychael Danna.

4436100353_008b53e4c7_o.jpg
 

Richard Channing

Eternal Member
LV
13
 
Awards
25
Somehow I had never got round to watching this, although I've seen most of Hitchcock's films. What a treat, it's really stunning. That opening sequence was just mesmerizing, as were the final scenes. I can see why this is said to be Hitchcock's masterpiece. The way it was shot, the light, the shadows, the atmosphere, it was all so gorgeous.

rebecca.jpg
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Still Alice (2014)

Nothing to do with Today I'm Alice, a book about a multiple personality disorder sufferer I coincidentally read recently, but another impairment of the mind, Alzheimer's Disease.

Moving and at the same time instructive without being preachy.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Hitch is my favorite Director of all time and not all of his films are classics either. but my favorite isn't Rebecca though that is a really damn good movie. the i love the most out of all of them is (1959)'s North By Northwest. i love this movie so much that it's hard to say why for those who haven't seen it. if there are some that have never seen it watch it as soon as you possibly can. the last one i watched as i've been in the mood to watch old movies from the 30's recently is called Broadway Musketeers From (1938) what it really is though is a remake of 1932's Three on a match which is a far far better film that one has Bette Davis in it, Joan Blondell Ann Dvork i think that's how you spell her name? Bogie i believe was in it too.

and it's a far better written movie too i think. this one was a decent movie to be fair and honest the remake i mean. Bogie wasn't in this one though but the girl who played the little girl was adorable though. looking her up she's still alive actually and this year she turns 87! if you can believe that. there was i watched last week that is a MUST SEE called "While the Patient Slept' from (1934) it's a wonderful B movie that was a murder Mystery too boot. i truly loved this one and i had never even heard of it before. but it's so worth checking out

i honestly dunno if it's on dvd or blu-ray... etc... but if you can find it by all means watch it you will love it. it's one of those that's mainly a mystery but it's also got comedy in it too.
though the film isn't a comedy at all let me add.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
upload_2019-6-9_2-10-27.png

Fascinating and exhausting. Eventhough I understood that there was something surreal about it, I watched it as something that really happened to her.
Maybe that was the wrong way to watch it, but I just enjoyed the weirdness and frustration of it all.
According to IMDB comments it's about the world and religion and the bible and everything else.
I can see it now but I didn't get that part when I watched the movie.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
upload_2019-6-9_5-14-24.png
A very long but mostly intriguing movie. And yet again I didn't really get the twist (where would we be without the smart IMDB reviewers?)
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Compliance (2012)

A sort of psychological thriller based on a true story illustrating how far people will go following what they believe to be instructions from an authority figure.
 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
The Boat That Rocked (2009)

The-Boat-That-Rocked-Review-Logo-v5.1.jpg


Richard Curtis's love letter to the pirate radio stations of the 1960s (that broadcast from offshore ships and played new-fangled pop music freely when the BBC was too fuddy-duddy to do so). The politicians trying to shut the stations down are played by Kenneth Branagh and Miles from This Life as comedy baddies (the kind you could actually imagine in a Carry On or Ealing film from the same period). The first half felt a bit baggy and padded out, but still fun to watch. And then, somewhere along the line, I realised I'd fallen completely in love with the characters without noticing and so by the time the climax came, I was totally emotionally invested. Definitely flawed then, but I enjoyed it so much I didn't care.
 
Last edited:
Top