What If

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Bobby has a right to be cold after Pam running out on him, but I don’t believe it’s Pam either.

My list of suspects are:

1. Stinkfish Winger
2. Accomplice - Peter Richards
3. Marilee
4. Afton
5. Sly?? (Longshot)
6. Jeremy Wendell
7. Jenna?? (maybe she isn’t in Switzerland!!!)

I had thought of Patricia Shepard too but...

My nerves are wrecked!!!!
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 17


***


"JR?" Sue Ellen called to him softly.


"You finished talking to Harv?" he asked without turning away from the window.


"Yes, he's gone."


JR nodded. "Ray really has a beautiful place," he said, gazing out at the landscape. "No wonder the boys love it here so much."


Sue Ellen moved across the room until she was standing directly behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his shoulder. "I just talked to my attorney. I instructed him to drop the divorce "


She felt his whole body relax against her. "Are you sure that's what you want, Sue Ellen?"


"Absolutely sure, JR. But.. "


She felt him tense again. "But what?"


She lifted her head and placed a soft kiss on the back of his neck. "But I won't let you sell your stock in Weststar and I won't let you hand over twenty percent of Ewing Oil to a trust for John Ross. I love you, JR. The oil business is a part of you. I can't let you give it up for me."


"I want to, Sue Ellen," he protested. "I NEED to."


"JR, no. I know you're trying to save our marriage, but if you walk away, you'll end up resenting me because of it. It will only cause us more problems down the road."


JR turned to face her. She put her hands on his shoulders and leaned against him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. They stayed like that for a long time, quietly hugging and taking comfort from one another.


"Sue Ellen," JR reluctantly let her go and walked over to sit on the couch. "Do you remember when I told you that the last time you took me back was the happiest time in my life before I screwed everything up with Kimberly?"


"Yes," she answered, moving to sit close beside him.


"That was true when I said it. But it's not true anymore."


"JR...I don't understand…"


"The past few days, since we've been here, Sue Ellen - this is the happiest I've ever been. I know it sounds crazy, with all the fear and the stress and the chaos, but it's true. Being here with you. You trusting me to protect you. Spending time playing with our boys. Drinking beer on the patio every night with my brothers. Having dinner together as a family. Making love to you every single night. Waking up with you in my arms. Sue Ellen, I can't explain it, but I feel completely full of happiness."


"It has been wonderful, JR," Sue Ellen agreed. "But we're wrapped in a tight little bubble. We can't stay like this forever. Eventually we'll have to go back to reality."


"Why can't this be our reality, Sue Ellen?" JR asked her. "We're not getting any younger. You don't seem to be in a hurry to get back to work. You love being at home with the boys. Hell, Ray has even taught you how to cook a few things without giving us all food poisoning."


Sue Ellen laughed and moved even closer to him. He gathered her in his arms and pulled her head down to rest on his chest."I'm a scoundrel, Sue Ellen," he sighed. "I never cheated on you because I really wanted other women. I cheated because of the power. I lie and scheme because of power. I don't want to go back to that world, not if it costs me my family."


"JR…" Sue Ellen wanted to choose her words carefully. "The fact that you are willing to give it all up for us saved our marriage. The time here at Ray's has been incredible...but…JR, this just isn't who we are. You'll miss it, honestly so will I. If…"


"If what, Sue Ellen," JR prodded.


"If you and I could work together. If you could just learn to come to me, to share with me. I could have helped you get Ewing Oil back from Weststar, but it never even occurred to you to come to me. You just went full steam ahead seducing Kimberly and wrecking our lives. We can do this, JR, but you have to try. You have to value me enough to let me help you."


"Sue Ellen, I'm my father's son. He was a scoundrel too. Oh, Mama doesn't know I know, but I saw it with my own eyes. Then one day, before you and I even met, Mama finally snapped. Faced with losing his family, Daddy finally calmed down and became a real family man. I can do the same, Sue Ellen. I can do it for you and for the boys. I can do it for myself."


"Even your father stayed on at Ewing Oil, JR," Sue Ellen reminded him. "It can be done."


"My daddy was a better man than I am, honey. I can't risk it. The business will consume me if I don't walk away. I will miss it. Badly. But when that happens I'll just make love to my beautiful wife and remind myself that giving it up was worth it."


"No, JR, you'll look at me and hate me because you had to give it up to keep me. You know, I'm not the girl you married anymore. I have had major success in business. It's true that I don't know a lot about the oil business, but I didn't know anything about the lingerie business when I bought Valentine. I can learn, JR. You can teach me. We can at least try. I know you're serious about saving our marriage. What you're offering to do fills me with joy and hope. But we have to be realistic. If you walk away from the Oil business for me, it will never work."


JR was quiet for a long while as he considered her words. "Running Weststar doesn't make me as happy as I thought it would," he said finally. "It's the chase that excited me. Once I get what I want, I lose interest."


"Oh, how well I know that," Sue Ellen sighed sadly.


"Now listen, Miss Texas," JR growled, "I have never once, not in all these years lost interest in you. Many nights when I was romancing Kimberly and pushing you to Pearce, it was so hard for me not to come barging into you bedroom, beg you for forgiveness, and make love to you."


"Why didn't you?"


"You wouldn't have had me," he sighed, "and I always comforted myself by believing I would make it up to you and have you back once I got Weststar."


"I would have had you," Sue Ellen said softly. "As angry as I was, as much as I tried to hate you, if you had come to me and told me the truth...I would have forgiven you. I have an addiction to you, JR. Alcohol had always been a poor substitute for my real drug of choice."


JR's eyes narrowed and grew dark. "Do you remember, oh years ago, I was with Mandy. I'd convinced myself I actually cared for that woman. You called me to your room. You seduced me,made me want you so desperately, then threw me out in the cold. You told me you wanted me to remember how you felt, how good it was because I was never going to have you again. After that night, I knew it was over with Mandy. I wanted you so much I was in physical pain. No other woman has ever made me feel that way. No other woman can make me want her with just a look, just a smile, just the smell of her perfume when she walks into a room. You're my drug too, Sue Ellen." He lowered his head and captured her lips in a soft, searching kiss. "We'll figure it all out, Miss Texas. Just stay with me and we'll figure it all out."


"But, JR…" she sat up and chewed distractedly on her bottom lip.


"What is it, honey?"


"I...I'm getting older. I won't be so beautiful for many more years. What if you lose interest in me?"


JR laughed and pulled her back into his arms. "You are more beautiful today than you were the first night I laid eyes on you. In twenty years, you'll be more beautiful than you are today. Sue Ellen, you can still turn the head of every man that meets you, but my love for you is what makes you so irresistible to me. That won't ever change."


"How can you be sure, JR?" her voice was full of uncertainty.


"Same way you can be sure you'll always want me, Sue Ellen," JR said softly. "There is something between us; magic chemistry, whatever you want to call it. Always has been. Always will be."


"Yes, but what if you…'


Her words were lost when he dipped his head and claimed her lips in a passionate, soul shattering kiss. She wound her arms around his neck and kissed him back, pressing herself so tightly against him that it actually hurt.


"Ewwwwwwwww!"


JR and Sue Ellen separated and jumped apart as if they'd been burned. Sue Ellen blushed deeply and hid her face in her hands.


"That's gross, Uncle JR!"


JR burst out laughing. "Sorry Christopher. Your Aunt Sue Ellen is so pretty that sometimes I just can't control myself."


"Try harder, Daddy," John Ross tried to sound annoyed but he was grinning from ear to ear. "Nobody wants to see that."


JR laughed again, then frowned when a pungent smell drifted across the room to his nostrils, "You boys smell like horses." he groaned.


"Uncle JR's right," Bobby said, waving his arms at the two boys. "You two go get cleaned up for dinner."


"What are we having tonight?" Christopher asked.


"Tonight I am going to teach Aunt Sue Ellen how to make spaghetti and meatballs!" Ray laughed. "You boys get cleaned up good. I don't want my kitchen smelling like a horse!"


Both boys laughed. "Come of Christopher," John Ross said happily, "I'll race you up the stairs!"


"So," Ray said with a mischievous grin after the boys were safely up the stairs, "I guess the divorce is off?'


Sue Ellen groaned and flushed even redder.


"Yes," JR laughed. "Thank God for that."


"I'm really happy for you guys," Bobby said, taking a seat in a recliner across from the couch. "There's some things we need to talk about though. The reporter I met with today has a copy of Christopher's original birth certificate and somehow got his hands on the sealed court records of Lisa's custody suit. He's determined to print it all."


"Oh, no, Bobby!" Sue Ellen gasped. "We can't allow that!"


"Harv and I are going to see his publisher tomorrow," Bobby told her. "Also, Cliff and McSween just landed. They should be here in about an hour."


"Alright," JR said, his voice heavy with thought. "It's time for us to get serious about finding out who is behind all this. You'll never convince me it's all unrelated, no matter what Harry says."


"Agreed," Bobby nodded. "We've sat back and played defense long enough. Time for the Ewings to take back control of our lives."


***


"I don't understand," Clayton barked into the phone. "Are you telling me my son is back in Texas?"


"The cowboy that works for the horse breeder you deal with told me the last time he talked to Dusty that was the plan. Seems your son was looking for a woman in California and found out she was back in Dallas," the investigator told him.


"What woman in California?"


"Don't know. The cowboy never got a name. But I'm showing Dusty's picture around at hotels and bus stations. Eventually I'll run into someone who's seen him."


"Keep me posted," Clayton instructed him and hung up the phone. It didn't make any sense. Why would Dusty travel all the way to California to find some woman then follow her back to Dallas? Clayton didn't even think Dusty knew anyone in California.


"Where are you, son?" Clayton muttered. "And what are you up to?"


***


"I still think we should tell," John Ross said thoughtfully. "We could tell Mama. She could go with us."


"No!" Christopher stomped his foot. "You read the note. Mommy says they won't let me see her!"


"Our daddys yeah, but Aunt Pam trusts Mama. She'd probably be happy to see her."


"Please John Ross," Christopher begged, "this might be the only way I'll ever get to see my mommy again. We have to go by ourselves."


"I don't know. What if the note isn't even from Aunt Pam?"


"It is!" Christopher insisted. "I know it is!"


"Okay, Christopher, but you have to promise me we'll be careful. If it's not Aunt Pam or if anything looks wrong, we'll come straight back to the house, okay? You have to promise."


"I promise!" Christopher smiled and hugged his cousin. "I can't wait to see my mommy again!"


***


"I believe her," Cliff said sadly. "I don't want to, but I do."


"It actually makes sense, Cliff," Bobby sighed. "I don't know why Pam is so determined to cut us all out of her life, we'll probably never know. But if she really needed help accessing her money, she wouldn't come to us."


"Maybe. But Katherine?"


"Everything Katherine said checked out," McSween told them. "There's no reason to doubt one word or her story."


"Pam's motives aside, that means Katherine isn't involved in anything going on here," JR said.


"I agree," McSween said. "JR we were finally able to get some information on the guy who had the explosive device on the rig. We have his phone records. He made a lot of calls to a diner just outside Dallas. Going there tomorrow to talk to the owners and employees."


"Good," JR replied. "And find out who could have had access to the sealed records in Christopher's custody case."


"Already on it, JR. And I want to go back and talk to that Winger woman again. She's the only suspect without an alibi for the night of the shooting at Southfork."


JR felt Sue Ellen's body stiffen. They were sitting together on the couch in Ray's living room. He moved closer to her and placed a soft, reassuring kiss on the top of her head. "Alright, Harry. That might not be a bad idea."


"Is there anything else any of you can think of that I need to look into?" McSween asked.


"No, I think we've exhausted our list of suspects, Harry."


"Alright," McSween said, standing up. "Please give me a call if anyone thinks of anything."


"I'll walk you to your car," Bobby said, standing up to lead McSween from the room.


"It could be anyone you know," Cliff muttered. "All the enemies you guys have - hell I'd be a suspect if I wasn't sitting right here."


"You'd never be a suspect," JR shot back, "you're not smart enough to pull something like this off."


"JR!" Sue Ellen admonished him by lightly slapping his leg. "Cliff, Ray and I are making a huge pot of spaghetti for dinner. Would you like to stay and eat with us?"


"Well," Cliff looked at JR with uncertainty, "I'm pretty hungry. And I'd love to see Christopher."


"Don't look at me," JR shrugged, "if my beautiful wife invited you, then you're invited."


"Great. Thanks," Cliff smiled. "Hey, mind if I use the phone? I'd like to call April and let her know I got back to Dallas okay."


"Of course, you can use the one in the study," Sue Ellen said, getting up and showing him the way. "Invite her for dinner too, if you'd like."


JR waited until Cliff was safely behind the closed study door then shot up off the couch and quickly moved stand in front of his wife. "I don't think Mandy did this," he told her. "But if she did, I want you to know I'll strangle her with my bare hands."


"Will you?" Sue Ellen asked softly, leaning into him. She stood on her tip toes and placed a soft, feathery kiss behind his ear.


"Sue Ellen…" JR shuddered and reached for her. He pulled her roughly against his body, "I want to take you upstairs."


"Mmmmm hmmmmm," Sue Ellen teased him. "You have to wait. Let me go, JR. We've already been caught making out once today."


JR reluctantly loosened his hold on her. "This better be a short dinner," he grumbled.


"The wait will only heighten the anticipation, JR," Sue Ellen laughed. "But don't worry, I promise I'll find a much more pleasant use for your bare hands than strangling Mandy Winger." She kissed hotly, full on the mouth then quickly backed away before he had time to react. She winked at him and walked away toward the kitchen.


"Oh, I know you will,Miss Texas," JR grinned. "And I can't wait."


***
 

EASSS1928

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I think Dusty is involved and possibly Mandy Winger somehow. Or Dusty was going to use Mandy to seduce Sue Ellen to hurt her. Maybe all the Dusty talk is a red herring.
 

Mitzie

Telly Talk Newbie
LV
0
 
Excellent job! Love this fic...

I’m gonna guess Kristin. Ties Sue Ellen and Christopher and she was JRs secretary...so she’d know about the roses. Maybe not as dead as she should be.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I can't see how Kristin could be not dead, she drowned, her body was seen by JR, Cliff, the police, the morgue, the people who sent it on the plane etc.

I can see Dusty going to California looking for Mandy, expecting if he pushed her to reunite with JR, Sue Ellen could be his again.

Perhaps it's neither though, a lot of people went back and forth to California (Lucy, Val, Gary, Kristin, Bobby, Pam, JR, Mandy, Sue Ellen (later than this), Lisa etc.)
 
Last edited:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I've been rereading and Lisa sounds like she could be a real suspect. Sue Ellen is the same blood relation to Christopher that Lisa is, and she signed the documentation to allow Bobby and Pam to adopt, so she could be a target, the others could just be thrown in there to get to Sue Ellen. It's also mentioned Lisa is in California.

Lisa would not know the alarm code though, so...
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Strangling Mandy Winger. What a fantastic thing.

Wonderful update!!! Enjoying this so much!
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 18


***


"Hey, pour me one of those, JR."


JR turned his head and saw his niece walking into the room. "What are you doing over here?"


"Sue Ellen called and invited me over for dinner," Lucy shrugged.


"I swear," JR groused, handing her the drink he'd made for her, "I love my wife, but she has a bad habit of collecting strays."


"I'm not a stray, JR, I'm your favorite niece!" Lucy grinned at him.


"The saddest part of my life is that I can't deny the truth of that statement," JR laughed.


"I talked to my daddy last night," Lucy told him.


"I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that."


Lucy rolled her eyes, "he said you gave him back ten percent of Ewing Oil."


"So?"


"So, he's giving it to me," Lucy told him.


"I thought he might," JR sighed. "Hope you have enough sense to let the people who know what they're doing run the business. All you need to do is just sit back and collect the profits."


"Bobby is running Ewing Oil now, right?" Lucy questioned.


"Yep," JR told her. "So if you have a problem with the size of your checks, bitch to him, not me."


"LUCY!"


The conversation about Ewing Oil was lost as Christopher and John Ross came bounding down the stairs. They both ran over to their cousin and hugged her tightly.


"Will you sit with us at dinner?" Christopher asked excitedly.


"Well of course!" Lucy laughed. "I don't want to be stuck with the stuffy old folks!"


"Yay! Come on!" John Ross motioned for her to follow them. "Uncle Ray is setting up tables for dinner outside. We promised to help!"


Lucy laughed again and started to follow them from the room.


"Lucy, hang on just a second."


JR's voice stopped her. She turned to face him and raised her eyebrows in a silent question.


"The night of the shooting...well, I just wanted to thank you for stopping Sue Ellen from leaving me. I owe you one."


"JR, are you feeling alright? Do you need to sit down and rest? Maybe I should call a doctor…"


"Very funny, Lucy," JR grumbled.


She laughed again and started toward the door, but stopped suddenly and turned to face him. "You're welcome, Uncle JR," she whispered softly before turning to join her cousins out on the patio.


***


"Is everything ready?"


The cowboy turned to face the source of the demanding voice. "Yes. I gave the boy the note. He'll be in the barn at midnight."


"Good. Remember I need BOTH boys. And you must bring them to me alive. Nothing works with corpses."


"I understand. But just so we're clear, I deliver the Ewing boys to you and I'm out. I want my payment as soon as I hand them over. Then I'm out of here. Understood?"


"Perfectly understood. Just don't screw this up. The sooner I have Sue Ellen's precious little brats the sooner this will be over for all of us."


***


"You look happy," April told Sue Ellen.


Sue Ellen looked up from her salad and smiled at her friend. "Oh, I am happy, April. So happy."


"No divorce?" April asked.


"No, no divorce," Sue Ellen agreed. "This whole trauma had been terrifying. But it forced JR and I to spend time together. And it made us both realize we don't want to lose our family."


"I'm so happy for you, Sue Ellen."


"Thank you, April. Now, what about you?"


"What about me?"


"We'll it's obvious there's no chemistry between you and Cliff, but I've noticed the way you're looking at Bobby."


April sighed and shook her head. "Bobby is great. I like him, but I don't think it's meant to be."


"You'll never know if you don't try."


"Ladies," JR nodded and took a seat next to his wife. "Hope you don't mind if I join you, but not sure I can keep my food down if I have to sit at a dinner table with Barnes."


Sue Ellen and April both laughed.


"JR, be nice," Sue Ellen admonished him playfully.


"I am!" JR protested innocently, "I'm just kidding. I came over here because I wanted to have dinner with my lovely wife."


"You two are meant to be together," April said. "We should all be so lucky."


JR kissed Sue Ellen on the cheek and beamed. "I am the luckiest man alive. No arguing that."


April smiled at them both, then changed the subject. "JR, Marilee Stone came to see me a few days ago. She offered me above market price for my Weststar stock."


"What did you tell her?"


"I told her no," April shrugged. "I figured if she wanted that stock and was willing to pay such a handsome price, it would be worth even more to you."


"Can I get back to you in a couple of days?" JR asked.


"No rush at all," April assured him. "Enough about business! Sue Ellen, you and I need to plan a serious day of shopping when you finally are free again."


JR only halfway listened to the women talking. Marilee was making her move against him. He was sure Cryder and Wendell were pulling her strings. He wondered how long he had before he'd be forced into making a final decision about his future at Weststar.


***


"Would you like something to drink?"


"No ma'am," McSween replied. "Thanks for agreeing to see me on such short notice. I just have a few more questions for you."


"Please, sit down," Mandy said, gesturing towards the couch. "I've been expecting another visit from you."


"Why is that?"


"JR came by the same day you did. He told me there was trouble at Southfork. I imagine anything involving Sue Ellen Ewing makes me a prime suspect."


"Why are you still in Dallas?" McSween asked. "You finished your commercial."


"My reasons are personal," Mandy told him.


"Anything to do with the Ewings?"


"Nothing involving the problems they've been having."


"Ms. Winger, let's not play games. You don't have an alibi for the night of the trouble. There's no reason for you to still be in Dallas. You have a motive to harm Mrs. Ewing. If you don't want to answer my questions, fine, but you'd better call a lawyer because I'll be forced to take you down to the station for a more formal interrogation."


"What do you want to know?" Mandy sighed. "I already told you I was home alone."


"And the next night?"


"The next night I was having dinner with a friend. Happy to give you his name and number."


"That would be helpful."


Mandy reached for a paper and pen. "I won't deny I have reason to hate Sue Ellen, but so do a lot of other people. If I were you, I'd start looking at her long list of lovers."


"Why is that?" McSween asked, reaching out to take the paper she'd written her information on.


"Broken hearts sometimes don't heal. Sue Ellen has a habit of forming deep relationships with men then leaving them high and dry when she runs back to reclaim the power and prestige of being Mrs. JR Ewing. One of her former flames tracked me down when I first got back to Dallas."


"Who? And why?"


"He only gave me a first name," Mandy informed him. "He showed up at the set of my commercial and demanded to talk to me. Made quite a scene."


"What did he want?"


"He wanted to know if I was seeing JR again. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about Sue Ellen and her role in my career. He asked me if I knew if JR and Sue Ellen were still reconciled."


"What did you tell him?"


"The truth. That I hadn't seen JR in over a year but I still was in love with him. I told him about how Sue Ellen manipulated my career to get me away from JR. I told him that I'd heard they were divorcing and that JR had moved out of Southfork and into a condo in Dallas."


"Did he tell you anything about himself or his plans?"


"He only said that he had loved Sue Ellen very much and had planned to make a life with her but she'd left him to go back to JR. He didn't mention anything about plans."


"You said he gave you a first name."


"Yes, he did - Steven," Mandy told him. "He said his name was Steven."


***


"Everyone had a lovely time at dinner," Sue Ellen said, handing Ray an empty plate to load into the dishwasher. "Seems strange. When we all get together at Southfork, there's always so much tension. "


"No offense, Sue Ellen, but the source of all that tension is usually JR."


"Yes," Sue Ellen couldn't deny that. "Hopefully this new mellow mood will last a while."


"Oh, I wouldn't doubt that," Ray said thoughtfully. "JR seems to be settling down quite a bit."


"I truly hope so," Sue Ellen sighed. "Since JR and I are staying married, I won't need to buy your place Ray. I thank you so very much for the offer though."


"Not a problem," Ray told her. "I kinda figured that's how this would go. Already have another buyer lined up."


"Oh, I'm so glad."


"Yeah. He came to me. Seems he thinks this would be the perfect place to raise his family."


"He's right," Sue Ellen sighed. "I really will miss this place."


"Sue Ellen…"


"Hey you guys," Cliff came into the kitchen, interrupting their conversation, "thanks again for the dinner invitation. Really enjoyed it."


"We enjoyed having you, Cliff," Sue Ellen smiled.


"Thanks. Probably a really good thing I'm not alone with my thoughts tonight. I can't shake the feeling that something's just not quite right with this situation between Pam and Katherine."


"I haven't said anything, Cliff, but I agree," Sue Ellen sighed. "Pam had such bad feelings about Katherine. It's hard for me to believe she'd go to her for help, even if she was desperate."


"Bobby seems to think it all makes perfect sense," Cliff muttered.


"Bobby is very hurt. The Pam he loved would never have abandoned him and Christopher. He feels like he doesn't even know her at all anymore. That makes it easy for him to believe the worst," Sue Ellen told him.


"What about you, Sue Ellen?" Cliff asked. "What do you think?"


Sue Ellen took a deep breath. "I think there are things we don't know. I can't understand why Pam would run away from her family, but I have to believe she had a very good reason. As for Katherine, I wouldn't take anything she says or does at face value."


"We'll, one thing is for sure," Ray finally spoke up. "Whatever Pam's reasons or Katherine's motives, neither of them have anything to do with the trouble we have here. That's what we need to be focused on right now. All the family drama can be sorted out after."


***


"What if she tries to take you with her, Christopher? John Ross asked. "Will you go?"


"I don't think so," Christopher told him. "But maybe I can talk her into coming back to live with us."


"I still wish you'd let me tell a grown up," John Ross sighed.


"We can't, John Ross…"


"You can't what?" Lucy interrupted them. "What are you two plotting?"


"Staying up late to watch movies," John Ross lied smoothly. "Christopher thinks we'll get into trouble."


"Christopher is probably right," Lucy agreed.


"Yeah, you guys are right," John Ross said. "Come on Christopher. Let's see if Daddy and Uncle Bobby want to play some football."


Lucy watched them walk away in silence. She didn't know why, but she had a bad feeling that the boys were keeping a secret. She resolved to keep an eye on them for the rest of the evening. If they WERE up to something, she I intended to find out what it was.


***

The cowboy glanced at his watch and waved the bartender over for another beer. Only a few more hours and this nonsense would be done and he could get his money and get out of Dallas.


He wished he'd never gotten involved. He'd heard all the stories about what awful people the Ewings were from Dusty, so when he'd been offered a small fortune to spook them a little he'd jumped at the chance. But things had gotten out of control. There was a big difference between scaring the Ewings and kidnapping their kids. And he didn't even want to know what his boss had planned for those boys after he delivered them.


He frowned at that thought. The boss was clear the boys needed to be taken alive, but what happened after that was anyone's guess. He had a sinking feeling that those boys were as good as dead.


***


"Hiding from the crowd?"


Sue Ellen jumped at the sound of her husband's voice.


"Oh, no. I got some spaghetti sauce on my shirt while Ray and I were cleaning up, so I came up here to change."


JR laughed and came into the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. "You're becoming quite the little homemaker."


"Not hardly," Sue Ellen chuckled. "After staying here, I must say I have a new appreciation for Teresa and Raoul."


"You do like it here though, don't you?" JR asked.


"Oh, I love it. It doesn't have all the amenities of Southfork, but it's peaceful and lovely. I'm sorry that Ray is selling it."


"The new owner might not mind if you come and visit the place occasionally if you ask him nicely. You could really turn on your charm. Flirt with him a bit."


"JR! I can't believe you'd want me flirting with another man!"


"Oh, I wouldn't like that at all honey," he said, his voice low. He crossed the room and pulled her into his arms. "I said you should flirt with the new owner. Since that happens to be me, I can fully encourage it."


"What?" Sue Ellen drew back and her wide eyes met his. "You're the one buying the place?"


"We don't have to live here if you prefer Southfork. But the boys love it. Hell, so do I. And we can always hire a maid and a cook."


"I don't understand…"


"This place is so close to Southfork, I don't want a stranger moving in. And this is where you forgave me. I want to keep it for that reason alone."


"You are just full of surprises, JR," Sue Ellen whispered, placing a kiss on his cheek.


"Oh, honey, just wait," JR laughed, "you don't know the half of it."


"JR you and surprises make me nervous."


"Don't you worry, Miss Texas," he said, lowering his head to nibble at her neck. "From now on, for the rest of our lives, any surprise you get from me is going to be a good one."


"Promise, JR?" she asked shakily. She was becoming very aroused by the movements of his mouth on her neck.


"Cross my heart and hope to die," he breathed against her skin.


He swept her up into his arms and carried her to the bed.


"JR! The house is full of people!" she protested weakly.


"They won't miss us for a while, Darlin'. I need you Sue Ellen. Now. Everything else can wait."



***
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
First off - the way you write my Lobsters is spot on. Just amazing -thank you for that. I always wanted a different ending to what we had to endure and this is such a pleasure to read.

Second, how you wrote that self absorbed air head piece of disposable facial tissue is also spot on. It’s no secret that I HATE Mandy Winger. It’s like pure, white hot, raging deep HATRED and you have her and her ‘me me me me the world owes me a living’ and ‘I can do what I like including stealing someone’s husband because I am so jealous of her beauty, intelligence and Goddess like state that I will always blame her for everything because I’m so pathetic I cant get a man of my own’ spot on too - so again thank you.

Nice touch with Steven ;)

Is Kristin alive? How would she know the code after so many years?

Why is Dusty giving this cowboy tips?

I’m sticking with Peeeeedur for now but do think there’s something wickedly female about this whole thing too.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
The cops were running around totally confused, looking in all the wrong places and at all the wrong people. The plan was so brilliant, it was almost a shame that no one would ever know who the true mastermind was.

I finished re-reading. This bit tells me it has to be someone the characters have yet to mention having investigated.

Vanessa?
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 19


***


"Hey, I've been looking for you."


Sue Ellen turned and saw Bobby coming into the room.


"Come to think of it," Bobby said with a grin, "JR is MIA too."


Sue Ellen blushed and looked away. "What did you need me for?"


"I have that meeting with the Harv and the newspaper publisher tomorrow morning. I thought it would be good for the two of us to plan to tell Christopher about his real mother tomorrow evening. No matter what happens with the paper, it's time to tell him the truth."


"Yes, I agree," Sue Ellen said. "Secrets have a way of coming out at the worst possible time."


"Yes they do. And I don't want Christopher finding out from anyone but us."


Sue Ellen nodded and sat down on the couch. "Is everyone else still outside?"


"Yes, they're all playing horseshoes. Lucy is tipsy. It's actually pretty funny."


"Maybe she should stay here tonight," Sue Ellen said thoughtfully. "I don't want to send her back to Miss Ellie drunk."


"That's probably a good idea," Bobby agreed. "I'm a little worried about Cliff. This thing with Pam and Katherine has got him all torn up "


"Cliff loves Pam very much, Bobby. It's hard for him to imagine she would reach out to Katherine instead of him."


"Nothing Pam had done since the accident seems like things she would do. I've often wondered if there wasn't some kind of trauma to her brain."


"I think there's something we don't know, Bobby. Pam wasn't perfect, but I can't believe she would just up and leave without a really good reason."


"Maybe," Bobby stood up, ending the conversation, "but since she won't talk to us, we'll never know, will we? I'll talk to Ray about Lucy sleeping over."


Sue Ellen watched him walk from the room and sighed. She knew he was in pain. She wished he could make peace with the situation with Pam and move on with his life. Bobby, of all people, deserved to be happy.


**"

"You're sure?" Clayton couldn't believe what he was hearing.


"No doubt about it. The hotel manager said Dusty was there about a week then left one morning without checking out. He had two visitors that the manager noticed, and an older woman and man that fits the description of the cowboy who asked you about Dusty."


"Why would he be so close and not come to see me?"


The detective sighed. "I don't know, Mr. Farlow, but I get the distinct impression that he doesn't want to be found. No one in Braddock had seen him since the morning he checked out of the hotel. I showed his picture at every diner, every store, everywhere. Nothing."


"Keep trying," Clayton ordered. "If he's still around I'd really like to see him."


"Alright, Mr. Farlow," the detective stood up and shook Clayton's hand. "I'll call as soon as I have something for you."


"Clayton, isn't that the same man who was out here the other day?" Miss Ellie said, coming out to join him on the patio.


"Yes," Clayton sighed. "I guess I should confess. He's a private detective, Ellie. I hired him to find Dusty."


"Why didn't you tell me, Clayton?"


"I don't know. I guess I figured it was my problem."


"Anything that affects you affects me too, Clayton. If you want to find Dusty and bring him home, I support you completely."


Clayton smiled and shook his head. "Thank you, Ellie. I should have told you."


"Well, I know now," Ellie smiled. "You just let me know if there's anything I can do to help."


Clayton leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "Who was on the phone?"


"Lucy," Miss Ellie sighed. "She's staying over at Ray's tonight."


"We play our cards right, Ellie, maybe all the kids will move in over there."


Ellie laughed then shook her head. "She sounded drunk, Clayton."


"Then it's probably a good idea for her to stay there, don't you think?"


"Yes. But I don't like it."


"Ellie, she's a grown woman. There's nothing wrong with it. We all have had a little too much from time to time, especially in our youth."


"Yes, that's true...but with all of Gary's issues with alcohol, I worry. I don't want to repeat the nightmare we had with Sue Ellen."


"You worry too much, Ellie," Clayton told her.


"I can't help it. With you children, you always worry."


"Don't I know it," Clayton frowned. "Don't I know it."



***


"You okay?"


"Yeah, I just got tired of playing horseshoes."


Sue Ellen nodded and sat down in a chair beside her son. "It was fun having everyone together again, wasn't it?"


"Yeah. I kinda Miss Grandma and Grandpa Clayton...and Aunt Pam too."


"You can see Grandma and Grandpa Clayton when we get back to Southfork."


"Mama? Do you think Aunt Pam will ever come back? Even for a visit?"


"Well…" Sue Ellen chose her words carefully, "I don't think so, John Ross. Aunt Pam was hurt very badly in her accident. She wouldn't have left if she hadn't been very sure she couldn't recover. So, no. I don't think she'll ever come back."


"Me either," John Ross sighed.


"John Ross, is everything alright? You seem a little sad."


"I'm okay," he shrugged. "I just feel bad for Christopher. He misses his mom a lot."


"I know, sweetheart. We just have to make sure he knows how much we all love him. We're a family, John Ross. We'll always take care of Christopher."


"Yeah. Mama?" John Ross took a deep breath and looked up into Sue Ellen's eyes. "I have something I need to tell you."


***


There was no headstone. There was no grave. There was no place to visit the deceased. The world had moved on without him. It's almost like he never existed. Over forty years on this Earth, and no memorial or remembrance in death. At least there had been one final goodbye. At least they had been able to talk. That was something to be held onto and cherished.


A single tear slid down a cheek covered in dirt and dust and was quickly brushed aside. Now wasn't the time for grieving; now was the time for revenge. Sue Ellen Ewing had destroyed a life and caused a death. It was time for her to pay.


"Soon, the beauty queen will know what it feels like to lose everything."


***


"What are we going to do?" Sue Ellen asked, nervously chewing on her bottom lip.


John Ross had broken his promise to Christopher and told his mother about the cowboy, the note, and the planned midnight meeting in the barn. Sue Ellen had gathered everyone in Ray's living room to discuss their options.


"I already called McSween and he Sheriff," JR said. "Both are on their way over."


"They need to keep their vehicles out of sight," Ray said, "We don't want to spook this guy. I called the breeder who sold Clayton the horses. He said the cowboy's name is Jared Faulk. He picked up his check yesterday and quit."


"Pam's absolutely not involved in this," Cliff looked up and fixed his eyes on Bobby. "I don't care what that cowboy says."


"I tend to agree, Cliff," Bobby said. "No matter what Pam has done, I don't think she'd ever use Christopher this way."


"Well, I say we all hide in the barn with shotguns," JR grumbled.


"That might not be a bad idea," Ray agreed. "We'll see what McSween has to say when he gets here."


"In the meantime," Bobby stood up and moved to the stairs, "I guess I'd better go have a talk with my son."


"Not yet, Bobby," JR warned him. "Wait until we know what we're going to do."


"Why?" Bobby asked.


"In case we need him to go to the barn to lure the cowboy."


"You want to use my son as bait? Bobby raged.


"Of course not, Bob," JR assured him, "I wouldn't ever do anything to put that boy in danger and you know it."


"Then why wait?"


"JR's right, Bobby," Cliff interjected. "We don't know what our plan is yet. We don't know how Christopher will react when you talk to him. We can't introduce another unknown into this situation."


Bobby sighed and sat back down on the couch. "McSween better get here quick. This ends tonight.*


***


The cowboy didn't like it. Not one bit.


The Ewings were awful people, but they were rich and powerful. Once those boys were gone, they'd spend every dime they had every minute of the rest of their lives to find and punish the people responsible.


It was only a matter of time before they found out about him. He'd spoken to the Farlow man about Dusty. He'd been at the Krebbs' place delivering horses. He'd been seen talking to the boys.


He took a deep draw on his cigarette and wondered for the hundredth time how he had gotten himself Into this mess. He'd delivered a message for Dusty and somehow everything had spun completely out of control. He'd agreed to spook the Ewings for a handsome payday - but kidnapping and accessory to murder wasn't in his plans.


He glanced at his watch. He still had a few more hours which meant he still had a few options. He could take the money he'd already been paid and run. Maybe an anonymous call to the police? Or maybe, just maybe the Ewings would be willing to pay him a premium price for what he knew.


He ground out his cigarette in the ashtray and sighed. Whatever he decided to do, he needed to do it quickly.


Time was running short.


***


"So, we're all agreed?" JR asked.


"No! No we're not all agreed!" Sue Ellen protested. "Why can't the police handle it? They can hide in the barn and ambush the cowboy. You stay here in the house with us!"


"Honey," JR's voice was soft and gentle, "we can't have this place crawling with cops. Just a few guys and we need them to block the road in case something goes wrong. Besides, the only way I can make sure this is done right is to do it myself."


"But...JR…" Tears welled up in her eyes and spilled down onto her cheeks.


JR walked over to the couch where she was sitting and squatted down in front of her so their eyes were level. "Don't you worry about me, darlin'. I'll be fine. And Ray will be right there with me to make sure. Right, Ray?"


"Absolutely," Ray nodded. "I'll keep him safe, Sue Ellen. Can't have anything happen to him before he writes me the check for the ranch."


"I...I just got you back, JR," Sue Ellen whispered. "I can't lose you now."


"You won't, Sue Ellen. I promise."


He leaned forward and kissed her gently before standing up to face the other men again. "Just so we're all clear, the Sheriff and his men will block the road after the cowboy drives to the barn. Ray, Harry, and I will hide in the barn and wait on the bastard. Bobby and Cliff stay at the house with the women and the boys. Everyone understand?"


Everyone nodded their agreement.


"Ray, get the guns ready" Bobby nodded in Ray's direction. "JR, Sue Ellen,and I need to go talk to the boys."


"There is one more thing," McSween spoke up. "JR, it's somewhat sensitive. I need to speak to you and Mrs. Ewing alone."


"Is it about what's happening here?" JR asked.


"Yes...but like I said, it's sensitive."


"Everyone here loves both those boys and everyone here is up to their elbows in this. Don't think we should have any secrets," JR told him.


"You might want to hear what I have to say before you decide. It's about you and Mrs. Ewing and it's personal."


JR placed his hand on Sue Ellen's knee and looked her in the eyes. "Honey?"


Sue Ellen hesitated for only a moment before nodding her head. "No secrets. I agree with my husband. If it's about who is trying to hurt our boys then everyone needs to know."


"Alright," McSween sighed. "I had another conversation with Ms. Winger."


JR's hand tightened on Sue Ellen's knee. "And?"


"And she said he had a visit from an old... friend of Mrs. Ewing's. Said he was asking a lot of questions about your marriage and Mrs. Ewing's business. Made the comment that Mrs. Ewing had broken his heart. She only got a first name. Steven."


Sue Ellen gasped and JR's eyebrows raised in confusion. "Steven? We don't know any Steven."


"Dusty," Sue Ellen choked out. "Steven is Dusty's real name."


JR's eyes narrowed to dangerous slits. "Are you telling me Dusty Farlow is involved in this?"


"Could be a coincidence," Harry said. "But I doubt it."


JR stood up and balled his fists at his side. "Bobby?"


"Yes, JR?"


"Get Clayton on the phone. If his son is the one who shows up in the barn, we owe him the courtesy of letting him watch the bastard die."


***
 
Last edited:

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I have never been of the belief that it was solely down to Sue Ellen that Mickey died but ... Aunt Lil?

Too far?
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 20


***


"JR? Can I have a moment alone with you before we go talk to the boys?"


"Of course," he took Sue Ellen's hand, led her up the stairs, into the bedroom, and shut the door. "What is it, honey?"


"I just…if it's Dusty doing all this…"


JR held up his hand and stopped her, "Sue Ellen, if you ask me not to hurt that bastard…"


"What?" Sue Ellen interrupted him. "Oh, no JR! I don't want to think he'd anything so awful and I'll feel horrible for Clayton, but if he's the one hurting our children, I want you to take care of him."


"Then what's wrong?"


"I...I just wanted to say how sorry I am and I understand if you blame me."


"Blame you?" JR was confused. "Darlin' why on Earth would I blame you?"


"If I had never cheated with Dusty…"


"Now, you stop that, honey. Right now." JR sat down on the bed and pulled her down onto his lap. "This isn't your fault. You hear me? Whatever sick thing is in Farlow's mind you didn't put it there."


"Yes, but…"


JR silenced her with a soft, gentle kiss. "No buts, Sue Ellen. You and I have both done some things we're not proud of. That's between us and it's over. You haven't seen or heard from him in years. Nothing and I mean NOTHING about this is your fault."


"Then why do I feel so guilty, JR?"


"Because you have had a rotten husband who has treated you poorly and always made you feel everything was your fault even when nothing was. He won't ever do that to you again."


"Oh, JR," Sue Ellen sighed and hugged him tightly. "I love you so very much."


"And I love you," JR said, kissing her hair. "I told you once before, this family attracts psychos. All the shooting and kidnapping…"


JR's words trailed off and Sue Ellen felt his body stiffen. "What is it?"


"Nothing," JR grunted.


There was a hard knock on the door. "It's me," Bobby called out. "Can I come in?"


"Sure thing, Bob," JR gently moved Sue Ellen off his lap and stood up.


"You two ready to talk to the boys?"


"Ready as I'll ever be," Sue Ellen stood and walked into the hallway.


Bobby started to follow her but JR put his hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Did you call Clayton?"


"Yes, he's on his way over."


"Good," JR nodded. "I want to talk to him."


***


"Are you scared?"


April looked over at the other woman and shrugged. "A little. But Bobby and Cliff will both be here with guns, so we'll be fine."


"I knew those two boys were hiding something. Didn't think it was anything this important."


"Hey, do you want me to take you back to Southfork before the shooting starts?"


"Oh, no. Whoever is messing with my cousins, I want to see them get what's coming to them."


"You Ewings really know how to circle the wagons."


"We have our problems," Lucy admitted, "but we stick together when it counts. I almost feel sorry for whoever is behind all this. Almost."


***


They knew. It was late, but every light in the house was on. The kid had told.


He put down his binoculars, threw his cigarette butt out the window, and considered his options. He could turn around and leave. He still had two hours before midnight. But they'd catch him. It was a sure thing they knew his name by now, between him delivering the horses and talking to both Farlow and that private investigator looking for Dusty.


He was caught.


He looked at his watch. 10:00. Still two hours until midnight. Still a little time.


He opened up his glove box and took out the pistol. He only had two choices; flight or fight -and he had less than two hours to make that choice.


***


"Are we in trouble?" Christopher asked, his wide eyes moving back and forth between the adults.


"Not exactly," Bobby sighed. "But we need to have a serious talk about keeping secrets."


"You told!" Christopher accused John Ross.


"I'm sorry, Christopher!" John Ross confessed. "But I had to! That note isn't from Aunt Pam!"


"How do you know?" Christopher cried.


"Because your mommy wouldn't contact you that way, Christopher," Bobby interrupted. He walked across the room, sat down on the bed, and pulled Christopher onto his lap. "Son, I know you miss your mommy. I miss her too. It's hard to understand why she left and hard to accept that she's not coming back, but we have to."


"She's coming back and I am going to see her tonight!" Christopher insisted.


Sue Ellen moved to the foot of the bed and sank to her knees in front of Bobby and Christopher. She reached out and held both of Christopher's hands in her own. "Listen to me sweetheart, your mommy loves you very much, but she is too sick to be with you. She knows how much your daddy loves you. She knows how much Uncle JR and I love you. She's counting on us to keep you safe. And she would never, EVER ask you to lie to your daddy. Christopher, your mommy knows that your daddy would never stop her from seeing you. NEVER. She wouldn't put you through this."


"I miss her!" Christopher sobbed.


"I know you do, sweetheart," Sue Ellen leaned forward and took him from Bobby and pulled him into her arms. I miss her too. We all do. But she would never ask you to keep secrets from us and deep down you know that."


Christopher held on to his aunt tightly and cried. Sue Ellen rocked him gently and smoothed his fair. "It's alright, sweetheart," she soothed him.


"What are you going to do, daddy?" John Ross looked up at his father.


"I'm going to find out who did this and make sure they never bother you boys or your mother ever again," JR said with conviction.


"Boys, there's something else we need to talk to you about. We should have told you both this a long time ago, but we're guilty of keeping secrets too," Bobby sighed. "This is going to be hard to understand and I just want you both to know we only kept this from you because we thought it's what was best for you both."


"What is it?" John Ross asked, staring up at his uncle.


"Well...um…" Bobby stammered.


"Boys," JR took over, " you both know Christopher is adopted. We told you the truth when we told you his real mother died when he was a baby. What we never told you is…"


JR's voice trailed off. He looked over at Bobby who shrugged. Both men were at a loss for words.


"Christopher," Sue Ellen pulled back slightly and kissed him on the forehead. "Your mother, your real mother - she was my sister."


"Whoa. What? You have a sister?" John Ross asked excitedly.


"I had a sister," Sue Ellen told him. "Her name was Kristen. She died when you were very young."


"And she was my real mommy?" Christopher asked, his eyes full of confusion.


"Yes, sweetheart. You are my nephew. My blood nephew."


"But…" Christopher shook his head. "If my real mommy was your sister then how come you and Uncle JR didn't take me?"


"Well...Christopher, it's complicated," Sue Ellen sighed. "Your uncle JR and I weren't getting along. We had John Ross. And your mommy and daddy loved you and wanted you so much. It was what was best for you, and I knew I could be with you whenever I wanted and love you everyday."


"So…I'm a real Ewing?" Christopher asked, his face lit up with wonder.


"Well, you're a Sheppard, just like me," Sue Ellen told him.


"But you're a real Ewing, so that makes me a real Ewing too, right?"


"Damn straight, boy," JR said. "You've always been a real Ewing."


"Wow!" Christopher whooped with joy. He turned around and flung himself into Bobby's arms. "I'm a real Ewing, Daddy!" He laughed.


"You alright, John Ross?" Sue Ellen asked.


"Yeah. But you guys should have told us."


"You're right, son," JR told him. "A family is no place for secrets. I promise it won't happen again."


"I'm sorry about your sister, Mama," John Ross looked over at his mother.


She stood up, walked over to him, and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, John Ross."


"Well, now that all that's settled," JR said, his voice firm and serious, "The adults have work to do. You boys stay upstairs with Lucy, you hear? No matter what happens, don't come down until Uncle Bobby or Uncle Cliff comes to get you. Understood?"


"Yes, sir," the boys said in unison.


"Good," JR nodded. "We'd better get started. Time is short."


***


"That's a lot of fire power," Cliff shook his head.


"Better too much than too little," Ray told him. His head jerked up when the doorbell rang. "Can you get that Cliff?"


Cliff walked over and opened the front door.


"Cliff, what are you doing here?" Miss Ellie asked, surprised to see him.


"I was here for dinner, and kinda got stuck," Cliff sighed. "Clayton," he nodded his head at the other man and stepped aside to let them come through the door.


"Ray, what is so all fired important that couldn't wait until morning…" his voice trailed off when he saw all the guns laid out and Harry McSween seated in the living room. "What happened?"


"It's a long story, Clayton," Ray sighed. "And you're gonna want to be sitting down when you hear it."


"""


"I think the boys handled everything very well," Sue Ellen said, watching while JR changed his shirt.


"Yes, it went better than I expected it to."


"JR?"


JR turned to face her and arched an eyebrow in a silent question.


"Please be careful."


JR took her by the hand and pulled her off the bed and into his arms. "I promise," he whispered into her ear before claiming her lips in a long, gentle kiss. "This will all be over before you know it, darlin'."


Sue Ellen nodded and hugged him tightly. "I hope so, JR. I truly hope so."


***


Soon. Very soon. Those boys would be here and the beauty queen would be destroyed. The graves were ready. Sue Ellen Ewing and her brats wouldn't be getting a headstone or a nice memorial. They'd be alone for eternity, out in the dessert. They were lucky to be even getting a hole in the ground. They deserved to be left out in the open, for crows and coyotes to make a fest of their flesh.


A small smile came at the thought of miss high and mighty having her body desecrated by animals. Too bad that wasn't an option - too much of a chance their bodies would be found.


No, the plan was perfect. The Ewings would never find her or the boys. Then they'd know. They'd know the pain of never having closure. They deserved it. They liked to destroy other families. Now it was time for them to reap what they'd always sewn.


***


"I don't believe Dusty would do this," Clayton said. "I'm going to the barn with you boys."


"That's fine," JR shrugged. "But if it turns out to be Dusty, I'll kill him without a second thought. You try to stop me, I'll go through you. Understand?"


"It won't be Dusty," Clayton insisted.


"The cowboy knows him. You said so yourself, Clayton," Ray said.


"Yes, but it has to be a coincidence. Dusty doesn't have it in him to hurt a child!


"I hope you're right, Clayton," Bobby sighed. "But Dusty is the only one who makes sense."


"Actually," JR finished loading his gun and tucked it into the holster on his hip. "There is one other person who makes sense. It occurred to me while I was upstairs talking to Sue Ellen about all the trouble this family has had with psychos in the past."


"Who, JR?" Ellie asked. "Who else would know you and Sue Ellen as intimately as Dusty? Who else would have a motive to hurt Sue Ellen and the boys?"


"Well, I have a hunch, but I might be wrong," JR said. He turned to look Clayton directly in the eyes. "But tell me Clayton. How is your psychotic sister doing these days?"


***
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Oh boy that was a tough read :( brilliant but dark and upsetting. Why would anyone want to do that to Sue Ellen??? :(

My poor baby! Whoever it is needs what’s known in these parts as a ‘punishment beating’!!!!!!!:head:
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 21


"It's still not enough," Kimberly sighed. "If we want JR out a Weststar, we're going to need April or Sue Ellen to turn on him."


"JR will cross Sue Ellen sooner or later," Marilee said. "It's only a matter of time."


"We don't have the time to waste waiting on that," Wendell broke in. "Ewing has already paid Weststar the value of all our Ewing Oil assets and gave them back to his brother. The longer he stays in a CEO the more damage he can do."


"What do you suggest we do?" Kimberly asked. "We don't have the votes to remove him."


"Circumstances can change very quickly my dear," Wendell smiled. "I have a hunch JR will be out on his rear end by the end of the week. You ladies just leave everything to me."


***

"You two doing okay?" Lucy asked her cousins.


"Yeah," John Ross answered for both of them. "Just a little scared."


"Hey, your daddys will take care of us," Lucy told them. "And we have Uncle Ray and Uncle Cliff and Grandpa Clayton, plus the police. This is the safest house in all of Texas right now."


"Maybe we should play a game and take our minds off all this," April said. "You boys have any playing cards?"


"Yeah!" Christopher jumped up and ran over to the bookcase. "Uncle JR taught us how to play poker."


"Really?" April laughed. "What kind of poker?"


"Five Card Draw," John Ross said. "We can play for candy!"


"Perfect," April chuckled. "But no hard feelings when I walk out of here with all the sweets. Deal?"


"Deal!" the boys said in unison.



***


Not much longer, not much longer,not much longer, the silent chant went on and on. The boys would be here and the call would be made to lure the beauty queen to join them. It was such a delightful thought - the pain Mrs. JR Ewing would be forced to endure before she was put out of her misery for good. She was going to watch her precious little brats die, and she'd be helpless to do a damn thing to help them. Then, and only then, after she watched everything she loved be wiped from the earth, she'd meet her own slow, gruesome end.


An evil smile formed, "Almost time," the chant started again, this time out loud, in a childlike, sing-song voice, "almost time, almost time, almost time!"


***


"Jessica?" Clayton asked, surprised. "She's safely locked away in a sanitarium. Why?"


"Are you sure about that?"JR asked. "When's the last time you called the sanitarium to check on her?"


"I...I don't know. It's been a while."


"Dusty is involved in this one way or another," JR said. "But you'd have to be flat out nuts to break into the house, shoot at us, use the kids. Sorry, Clayton, but your sister fits the bill."


"But how, JR?" Sue Ellen. "Jessca wouldn't know our alarm code, and she wouldn't know about the yellow roses either."


"Probably not, Sue Ellen," JR conceded, "like I said, it's just a hunch."


"Besides, JR," Bobby spoke up. "Why would she go after Sue Ellen and the boys? Mama is the one she was after the last time."


"I don't know," JR sighed. "But I know crazy. And that woman is certifiable."


"Well, in any event," McSween stood up, "It's getting late. We'd better get out to the barn before our cowboy shows up."


The men nodded and all checked their firearms.


JR walked into the hallway towards the kitchen. "Sue Ellen?"


Sue Ellen lifted her head to look at him.


"Come here," he held out his hand to her.


Sue Ellen stood up, took his hand, and let him lead her into the kitchen.


"Here," he said, handing her a small pistol. "Just in case. Just be careful with it."


"I know how to use a gun, JR."


"I know you do, Miss Texas. I just want to make sure you have your own protection in case something goes bad."


"Bobby will protect me and the boys."


"I know he will. Like I said, it's just in case."


Sue Ellen reached up and cupped his face in her hands. "You come back to me safely and in one piece."


"I'll do my best, darlin'." He bent his head and gave her a soft kiss. "I love you, Sue Ellen."


"And I love you, JR."


He bent his head to kiss her once more, but the surprising sound of the doorbell stopped him.


"What the hell?" He moved in front of Sue Ellen , unholstered his gun, and made it to the living room just in time to see Ray open the door.


"I'm unarmed," the cowboy announced. "My name is Jared Faulk. I believe you folks have been expecting me."


***


"Who was it?" Lucy whispered as April came back into the room and quietly shut the door.


"Some cowboy," April told her.


"Hey, wonder if it's the one who gave Christopher that note?" John Ross asked.


"Let's go see!" Christopher stood up.


"No!" Lucy said. "We're going to stay up here and finish our game. We have to try to get some of our candy back from April."


"Take your best shot,"April laughed. "Lucy's right. Let's let the men handle this one, okay?"


"Okay," Christopher groused, sitting back down. "We always miss all the excitement."


***


"You won't need those guns," Faulk said nervously. "I told you I'm unarmed."


"We'll be the judge of whether we need guns," Bobby barked. "Why did you trick my son? And why did you come to the house instead of going to the barn like you'd planned?"


"I've done some stupid things in my life, but I'm not a stupid man. I've been watching this house for days. Most every night, lights out by 10:00. Not tonight though. I figured the boy must have told you about the note. So I figured I could either run, fight, or confess. Running wouldn't work. You had my name. Would only be a matter of time before you caught up to me. Trying to fight would be crazy. I knew you guys would be waiting in that barn with enough guns to fight a small army. Seemed to me like confessing was my best chance of getting out of this in one piece."


"You said you wanted to confess," JR snapped, protectively positioning Sue Ellen behind him, "so start confessing."


"Well," the cowboy sighed, "I guess I should start at the beginning."


"When was the beginning?" Ray demanded.


"About six months ago. The day I met Dusty Farlow."


***
 
Top