General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Anna and her officer sure didn't waste any time finding the gun, did they? Too bad Anna wrapped it in a cloth rather than putting it in a plastic bag.

Though Liz had highly suspicious visits from Carly (carrying a huge tote bag, no less) and Michael, I doubt either of them would plant a gun in a house where a young child (Scout) could find it and possibly hurt herself or someone else. Then again, maybe Scout shot Drew and has been holding onto the gun all this time? :yikey:
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
This show gets more ridiculous.

How old is Portia? A Doctor doesn't take precautions?

How can Carly be that clueless?

Why is Chase on the job at the Q mansion when he lives there?

Why discuss it with Dante who may or may not stay there and is Michael's brother?

No way the Q's, or any wealthy family, would take Ronnie at her word
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
It IS hilarious that Anna's two detectives on the case both live at the Q mansion. In the real world neither of them would be allowed within a mile of that case, but they're the only cops (other than Anna) in town. Both have multiple links to chief suspects in the crime beyond a mailing address, too. Also, you'd think the attempted murder of a US Congressman would be a case for the FBI and not the local cops.

Brooke Kerr (Portia) is about to turn 52, but late-in-life pregnancies are one of those soap opera tropes that we have to contend with. What better way to make one of your leading ladies look and feel younger onscreen than to claim they're still child-bearing age? It's also a bit of "fantasy/wish fulfillment" for the mostly-female audience who hit a certain age and start to romanticize motherhood (and forget just how HARD it all was the first time around). Maybe Portia believed she was too old to get pregnant? Portia's absolute inability to tell the truth will come back and bite her in the butt yet again, especially if Drew finds out what happened.

Tracy said it best about the way the Qs have been acting about "losing" the house: "How do you people function day to day???" Do they think Ronnie's just going to let them continue to live there rent-free? Ned and Olivia, more than most, should be worried since they have an autistic son who needs routine and familiarity in his life to deal with his challenges. Uprooting him from the only home he's ever known and moving someplace else might cause him to have setbacks. Dante, Chase, and BLQ should already have moved out long ago, but Tracy? Again she said it best:

Tracy: "Over my dead body!"
Ronnie: "I like those terms."
 

xab

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Jacklyn Zeman was far more fortunate... The story around Bobbie's passing was beautifully handled and her legacy beautified. Poor Leslie Charleson deserves a better send-off than some other long lost sibbling lazy storyline... Unless something big is coming down the lane... ? I hope so...
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Alan bought the Harborview Road estate to be their marital home. During one of their many break-up/make-up cycles, he made the gesture of giving her the house free and clear, probably believing (correctly) that it would soften her feelings and woo her back. I think it was only after that reconciliation that Alan's parents and sister moved (from Southampton) to Port Charles. Logically the ultra-rich Edward would have bought his own house, but this was the era when rich, dysfunctional families all lived together under one roof (think: Ewings, Carringtons, etc.). I think Monica was okay with this (to a point) because she had not grown up with a house full of family members. Sure, Tracy was a nightmare and Edward could be cantankerous, but Lila was a sweetie and Alan had his moments. Which is not to say Monica did not throw them out on occasion, given their wacky hijinks and such over the decades.

Speaking of Lila, I hope her lovely tea service survives this party that BLQ is throwing.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I still believe this story with Ronnie will be about giving Tracy closure. I think that the other Qs will be too messy for Ronnie while Tracy is the only one to give it to her straight. No funny business. And I think Ronnie will prefer honesty rather than lies and sucking up. As rude and vile Tracy is to Ronnie, I think Ronnie will sign over the house to Tracy. Simply because the other Qs will be worse in their approach to get the house from Ronnie.

IMO, that would be a good outcome for both Tracy and Ronnie.
 

lbf522

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Yes Monica giving the Q mansion to a long lost sister instead of Tracy or Jason or both is dumb. I hope this storyline as dumb as it is has something redeemable to it. It could turn out that this is not Monica's real will and that someone is doing this to make Tracy's life hell. Martin would be my only suspect if that is the case.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Seen at the Daytime Emmys:

Kristen Vaganos (Molly Lansing-Davis) knows how to dress for a major awards ceremony, even if it's probably her first. I doubt it will be her last, though.
1760822927650.png

Willow might be a total nut case, but Katelyn McMullen seems to have her you-know-what together.

1760823099369.png

But is that a gun in her purse??? :crazy:
 
Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
1
 
Awards
9
I've barely watched OLTL, but I know who Erika Slezak is. What I don't know is, does she act the same way on GH as she does on OLTL, or is she trying to force Ronnie to not seem like Viki? Somehow, Ronnie doesn't appeal to me. It's not just the backstory, but her personality. It didn't help that after Tracy, her second scene partner had to be Sonny. Does every new character really have to get Sonny's approval?

It wasn't until Monica's funeral that I learned that she was Gail's adopted daughter. Did I forget, or was it not mentioned in Gail's tribute episode? As far as I remember, Scotty was front and center in the episode and hanging out with Lucy (on some sort of scavenger hunt?), but I don't remember Monica in that situation, not even that she was mentioned.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
I can't fault Cameron Mathison and Kaitlin McMullen for the ridiculous writing, but this storyline needs to close.

I still think it should be revealed that Drew is Shiloh.

Will we ever see a tribute to Lesley? Robert?

Only Tracy can see that this "Ronnie" may not be who she says she is?

A wealthy family like the Q's would have had their reps on the case immediately.

JJ with the award? Please. Lucky was a shadow of himself, and not even likeable.

Never thought I would say this, but Liz is better off with Ric.

Rick Hearst has been top-notch in his return, and he has been great in a totally

ridiculous storyline

I still think Peter August is in the picture somehow, and that the "C"

may be Cassadine or Cyrus

Carlos Rota is a good actor, but he lacks the full dimension of Jeff Kober and Charles Shaughnessy,

both of whom portrayed characters that are much more formidable

Interesting that in "softening" Sidwell, he has had less screen time.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
What I don't know is, does she act the same way on GH as she does on OLTL, or is she trying to force Ronnie to not seem like Viki?
My OLTL viewing was only about 2008-2012, so I didn't see her whole run. Viki, in the later years, was open, approachable and sensible, but she was also old-money wealthy, an heiress with a tendency to speak in a haughty way when she was offended or angry. Fans pointed out she would often say "aTall" instead of "at all" (as in "That's not true aTall!") Viki was supposed to be part of that old-money "Main Line" families of the Philadelphia area, so it was true to the character. The only major difference I've seen so far is that Ronnie isn't as "polished" as Viki--that is, she wears comfortable clothing/shoes and her hair sometimes looks like she ought to run a comb through it. Her personality isn't far enough away from Viki to make any difference, though. This is not to say she doesn't have range---I think Frank V wisely decided to make this feel like "a visit from Viki" even if she's not really Viki and doing a different storyline. I'll bet the most recent scene (with "drunk Ronnie" mouthing off at Tracy) was done for contrast, since I don't recall well-mannered Viki ever doing something as "casual" as kicking off her shoes and putting her feet up on a coffee table.

Rick Hearst has been top-notch in his return, and he has been great in a totally ridiculous storyline
It wasn't until later that I discovered this was a last-minute rewrite. Rick Hearst's mother died so they came up with his kidnapping situation to explain his absence. I still hated it, but I had a bit more understanding for the writers once I found out why it had to happen. Since he 'disappeared' on client Willow, she is now in need of an attorney. I'll bet Ava's divorce settlement that Drew drafts Alexis into representing Willow, promising her access to Scout if she will take the case.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I am loving Ronnie. Finally someone who stands up to Tracy instead of playing dead around her.

Even if Ronnie turns out to be a fraud or a schemer, I think Tracy's behavior has been appalling. Right from the start, she was just nasty. You don't treat a well-mannered visitor like that.

And if someone changed Monica's will, then it's pure karma. Tracy changed Alan's will so she would get the Quartermaine estate.

And besides, can Ronnie's crimes really be worse than precious Jason's and AJ's? If she's a schemer, I'd say she fits right into that family.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I was sort of upset at BLQ and Olivia's reaction, though---they barely know Ronnie, and BLQ especially has always had "Granny's" back, at least in public.

I didn't find it weird. If my mom had treated a guest like that, I'd be mortified! I would likely make tons of excuses why she's not acting like herself, and end up being extra nice to the guest to compensate.

As you said, they don't know Ronnie. And because they don't know her and have yet to have any reason to think bad of her, they are nice and respectful.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
I was sort of upset at BLQ and Olivia's reaction, though---they barely know Ronnie, and BLQ especially has always had "Granny's" back, at least in public.

But speaking of Tracy/Jane Elliot, here's a post-Emmys interview:

NINE soaps? Wow!
Yes, a wealthy family like the Qs would not have been so accepting. Tracy was simply saying what anyone
would say in a real life situation similar to this.
 

lbf522

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Yes, a wealthy family like the Qs would not have been so accepting. Tracy was simply saying what anyone
would say in a real life situation similar to this.
That is how I feel as well. Giving the Q mansion to this total stranger instead of Tracy and/or Jason. I would get her finger prints and DNA as well as finding out about the will. I would be as suspicious of her as Tracy is.
 
Top