General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Miss Victoria Foxton

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Today on GH. There' was some kind of movement in Drewfus reign of terror. GH has to be at least setting up a Who Shot Drewfus. But this show is so weird, so I don't know. It was fun to see Joss getting the Trina treatment and randomly popping up towards the end of the episode. This was probably due to the block taping and not done purposely like in Trina's case. Update-Rumor is that Drew gets stabbed on Tuesday's episode. (As per usual GH is a rerun on Monday a holiday. ) Side note hoping that Drew's attacker isn't one of the African American characters. Since GH will throw the book at them. The white characters and Sonny who's half Hispanic (A fact that's purposely overlooked on present day GH.) always get away with their crimes. No off to watch something worthwhile. Because this messy agenda driven soap ain't it.
 
Last edited:

Miss Victoria Foxton

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Nikolas yes.
Spencer maybe.
But no thanks to Cameron, Jake and Aiden. They are too boring.
Only because GH never had any desire to properly develop them. Which is a shame since they are Dr. Steve Hardy's great grandsons. Once they aged up Aiden with a 25-year-old. Making only a handful of appearances I knew he would be written off by either Spring or Summer. On a British soap they would all be front and center. On GH they are obscured.
 
Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Normally I would say that Dr. Britt Westbourne was never the type to just fade into the wallpaper, but.....
1756591120879.png

There's a first for everything.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Only because GH never had any desire to properly develop them. Which is a shame since they are Dr. Steve Hardy's great grandsons. Once they aged up Aiden with a 25-year-old. Making only a handful of appearances I knew he would be written off by either Spring or Summer. On a British soap they would all be front and center. On GH they are obscured.

I would say the main reason why I think those 3 brothers are boring is because the actors aren't interesting enough. I would recast all of them. Like the recent recasts of Molly and Michael. Suddenly I like both Molly and Michael.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
We also have to keep in mind that the show has always been reluctant to give Becky Herbst (Elizabeth) front-burner status in the way other long-tenured female cast members are given. Even plotlines designed to showcase Herbst end up being hijacked by other actors/characters. She has a history of being given the equivalent of table scraps for years and years, and this lack of writing extended to her kids because...well, you can't separate them. Liz's sons were perfect angels because if they acted out too much (killed people, went to prison, became WSB spies, etc.), the show might have to write for their mother!
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
We also have to keep in mind that the show has always been reluctant to give Becky Herbst (Elizabeth) front-burner status in the way other long-tenured female cast members are given. Even plotlines designed to showcase Herbst end up being hijacked by other actors/characters. She has a history of being given the equivalent of table scraps for years and years, and this lack of writing extended to her kids because...well, you can't separate them. Liz's sons were perfect angels because if they acted out too much (killed people, went to prison, became WSB spies, etc.), the show might have to write for their mother!
Maybe a somewhat unpopular opinion, but I think of Liz as more of a supporting character, for a long time. I don't think of her as a lead, or at least not an interesting lead. I do think Liz/Ric has some potential, preferable the Lucky reunion was a flop. The last time Liz had any effect IMHO was when both JJ and Tyler Christopher were on the show
 

Miss Victoria Foxton

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Yesterday on GH. It was so riveting and pulse pounding. Felt like a 1940's film noir with a modern edge. Only joking about the episode feeling like a film noir. It's all pretty dry and tedious until Drewfus is shot. The rain and the cheap song created a haunting tonality. Not expecting anything great, since this is GH after all.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Yeah, the intricate plotting and pacing of the murder mysteries of The Edge of Night have totally spoiled me in regard to the more "by-the-numbers" whodunits of modern soaps. Still, Drew got shot! He will likely survive, but for a few, precious minutes we had this.....

f52dbc490a2af99f7b0d28a83be24098d7a3471c.gif
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Hallelujah, it finally happened!!!! And what is so fun is that the list of suspects are almost endless! :lmao:
  • Sonny
  • Carly
  • Michael
  • Kristina
  • Alexis
  • Molly
  • Danny
  • Rocco
  • Tracy
  • Martin
  • Curtis
  • Stella
  • Portia
  • Sidwell
  • Brennan
  • Willow
  • Nina
  • Obrecht
  • All the people who hates him as their congressman

At least we can rule out a few:
Joss, Vaughn, Jason and Britt are in Croatia.
Trina and Kai were together hiding.
Ric is kidnapped.
Maxie is in a coma.
Plus some with not nearly enough motive (that we know of), like Lulu, Dante, Brook Lynn, Chase, Cody, Felicia, Mac, Anna, Lucy, Jordan, Ned, Olivia etc.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
You didn't even list the person I thought would be the one to shoot him, nor did you list the one I now think is the one who did it.

I assumed months ago when they hired Daniel Cosgrove (a multi-soap veteran) to play the minor role of Ezra Boyle, they must have brought him in for something bigger but they didn't want to let on. They kept Ezra in the periphery and he is still easily expendable. They can explain his motive later, after they've had fun making every other character look guilty and having tons of speculation/shifty behavior, etc.

But now I'm leaning toward another, minor character with a more immediate, identifiable motive: Marco Rios. To "clean up the mess" Marco made by telling Drew about the judge being bribed, Sidwell (probably) had the judge killed, and Marco (maybe unknown to his father) shot Drew in an effort to regain his father's approval. Sidwell and Marco had a previous conversation about how Drew's latest antics have made him "no longer useful" to them. Also, they have been de-emphasizing his relationship with Lucas and have stopped integrating Marco into the cast of characters. He only seems to interact with Sidwell and has gone from "I'm not involved in my father's illegal business" to helping him plan it all! Heck, he may have also been responsible for the judge's murder, but for now I'm just focused on him and Drew.

But y'know....Willow's "villain arc" has been more like a J-curve lately, so if they really wanted to blow the viewers away, they could have her as the shooter. I mean, how often does the chief suspect turn out to be the REAL KILLER?:yikey:
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
You didn't even list the person I thought would be the one to shoot him, nor did you list the one I now think is the one who did it.

I assumed months ago when they hired Daniel Cosgrove (a multi-soap veteran) to play the minor role of Ezra Boyle, they must have brought him in for something bigger but they didn't want to let on. They kept Ezra in the periphery and he is still easily expendable. They can explain his motive later, after they've had fun making every other character look guilty and having tons of speculation/shifty behavior, etc.

But now I'm leaning toward another, minor character with a more immediate, identifiable motive: Marco Rios. To "clean up the mess" Marco made by telling Drew about the judge being bribed, Sidwell (probably) had the judge killed, and Marco (maybe unknown to his father) shot Drew in an effort to regain his father's approval. Sidwell and Marco had a previous conversation about how Drew's latest antics have made him "no longer useful" to them. Also, they have been de-emphasizing his relationship with Lucas and have stopped integrating Marco into the cast of characters. He only seems to interact with Sidwell and has gone from "I'm not involved in my father's illegal business" to helping him plan it all! Heck, he may have also been responsible for the judge's murder, but for now I'm just focused on him and Drew.

But y'know....Willow's "villain arc" has been more like a J-curve lately, so if they really wanted to blow the viewers away, they could have her as the shooter. I mean, how often does the chief suspect turn out to be the REAL KILLER?:yikey:

I had forgotten all about Ezra to be honest. He should definitely be on the suspect list. Considering he wants to be mayor, he probably wouldn't do it himself though. Hire someone else.

Temporarily forgot Marco too. But would he kill himself? Maybe think he should, but he still feels too clean to commit murder himself. I think Marco would protect a killer, no doubt. He is okay knowing of crimes. Is he more than just daddy's sidekick though?
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
He is okay knowing of crimes. Is he more than just daddy's sidekick though?
Two months ago I would not have agreed with either of these statements, but there has been a noticeable shift in how he is being handled. Like I said, he is no longer featured heavily with Lucas, and his relationships with Alexis and Diane are no longer being explored. Such relationships are the types of stories that a soap creates to help anchor a new character to the canvas, and his relationship with Lucas was well-received. He was being portrayed at first in the same vein as Dante or Michael--a character who loves his father but turns a blind eye to his illegal activities. Now he is "all in" (his own words) with Sidwell bringing down Sonny, even if Marco has no idea of the scale of Sidwell's plans. De-emphasizing his relationship with Lucas can be a measure taken by the writers to prepare him for departure, sort of like how they went weeks between appearances of the character of Dex Heller and only had him appearing in his capacity as PCPD officer before they killed him off. Marco could certainly be more than just Sidwell's talk-to/co-conspirator, but that seems to be his only function lately. Not sure if they might have lost confidence in the actor or if maybe he was never meant to be long term, but it's just a feeling I have that Marco won't be around past February or so.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
De-emphasizing his relationship with Lucas can be a measure taken by the writers to prepare him for departure

I hope this is what's happening. I never liked Marco. I'd rather have Brad back. Even if Marco shot Drew or not, he is bound to do something bad. He's spending all his time with his terrorist dad.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I wanna know who "he" is that Britt and Pascal are referring to. This "he" person seems to care for Britt more than Pascal. And if "he" saved Britt and is a shady character, it could very well be Cesar Faison, the expert on faking deaths.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
After Faison's death (yeah, I know..."death" :rolleyes: ), I recall an attempt at creating a subplot story for Kevin. He requested (and received) permission to study Faison's brain, saying he wanted to research whether the brain had recognizable abnormalities that could be characterized as "evil centers"---that is, could you examine a random brain and find things that would show the person was evil? Was an "evil" brain different in some way? Franco (alive at the time) stopped by Kevin's office to discuss a therapy session and saw Faison's brain in a jar on Kevin's desk, displayed like a decor piece. Even reformed murderer Franco was noticeably squeamish as he and Kevin chatted, but Kevin was totally oblivious, even eating a sandwich during their chat. Since Ryan was still alive during that period, many fans saw Kevin's behavior as a possible hint that Kevin's evil twin had taken over again, but it was a tease they never followed up on. I joked about "Cesar in a Jar" for months afterward, wondering if Laura allowed him to bring it into their home when they married, but like I said they never mentioned it again.

That said, I do think they're holding the possibility that he's back again over our heads, not only because Faison was a "fan" of biological weapons, but because most viewers would not bat an eye at the idea that he managed to snatch his children from the jaws of death. I keep hearing that Anders Hove has no interest in returning to the US to play Faison again. It leaves the skin-crawling possibility that Peter is alive and is the "boss". But if it is Peter, why has he not punished Sidwell for poisoning Maxie? Or at least swooped in to snatch his child, Bailey Louise, from Port Charles?

A "fall preview" interview with the head writers made it pretty clear that Ryan Paevey will indeed be playing Nathan. Soap Digest even quotes them referring to RP as "Nathan". Kelly Thiebaud got chewed out for accidentally revealing on social media that she was playing Britt again; I wonder if the head writers will chew themselves out for their mistake?

Note: I guess we could add Jacinda the hooker sex worker to the suspect list, even if it looks at the moment like she's just back to shake down Nina and Portia for more money. Nice twist to make her "the blonde" that could provide Michael with an alibi (once again, for the right price). Our Mikey needs to watch himself, though, because last time he got drunk with a blonde in a bar, we got Oopsie Daisy!
 
Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
I suppose Ryan Peavy's character will be the "Boss"
I would have preferred Cyrus, still alive and working for WSB (Or a double agent?)
Writing out Jeff Kober and Gregory Harrison were two huge mistakes
 

Miss Victoria Foxton

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Yesterday on GH. Faison's brain is in a jar. Britt has a bomb on her ankle. Val's return. Charlotte was recast, with all that happening it was still boring. I guess that what happens when everything is executed in the most basic and bland way possible. With characters that are unlikable or played out or both. Jason's fight scenes are pure comedy. Thankfully it looks like the Spy Kids/Britt/Five Poppies saga is almost over. It feels like Joss and the older Dex clone have been wearing the tennis outfits for years.
 
Last edited:
Top