Warner Bros. 100th anniversary TV series collections

Yesterday from the Beatles

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
"Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release complete TV series collections available for the first time", (said WB on their official page) ;
I hope this really means "tv series not previously available on dvd and/or streaming", and not just same old Friends, Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries etc. with new boxset look(s).

Let us hope!

What are your top 10 or 5 tv shows owned by WB and still not available on dvd and/or streaming?
(I already posted this on Fb - group Warner Archive & Warner Bros Catalogue , but I'm very interested what people here think)

My top 5:
1. MIDNIGHT CALLER (1988-1991) & KNOTS LANDING (1979-1993) (of course) or
KNOTS LANDING (1979-1993) & MIDNIGHT CALLER (1988-1991) (PLEASE HEAVEN I BEG YOU!)

3. HOMEFRONT (1991-1993)
4. OUR HOUSE (1986-1988)
5. DAYS AND NIGHTS OF MOLLY DODD (1987-1991)
6. FLAMINGO ROAD (1980-1982)
7. LIFE GOES ON (1989-1993) (1st season already on DVD)
8. SURFSIDE 6 (1960 - 1962)
9. CHINA BEACH (1988-1991) (already on DVD but it would be nice to see it streaming)
10. HARRY O (1973-1976) (already on DVD but it would be nice to see it streaming)
 
Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
I see we all agree on Knots, and it’s definitely at the top of my list too. Of the other shows mentioned I’d have to say that Murphy Brown would be my second choice.
 

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV
7
 
Awards
15
I don't have a top 5 or 10 list of shows that I want to get on Blu-ray.

I just want the remastered Dallas. All fourteen series and the four films including the Dallas Reunion The Return To Southfork special.

Happy Anniversary to Warner Bros. and a massive thank you for remastering one of the most definitive drama series of all time, the Lorimar produced original series Dallas. :)
 

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Awards
1
My top picks I’d like to see released as complete series on Blu-ray are Dallas (which I’m fully expecting), Family Matters and Murphy Brown.
However other than Dallas I’d expect we’ll see mostly DC shows (Smallville etc.), Friends extended episodes, ER (which I’d get eventually as I’ve only just got the complete DVD set!) and Two and a Half Men (same as ER!).
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I hate it when some series are only available in Region 1 dvds. I can't play them. So my list includes series I can't find or hasn't been released in Region 2 DVDs.

1. Sisters (1991-1996)

2. Mr and Mrs Smith (1996)

3. Full House (1987-1995)

4. Growing Pains (1985-1992)


Plus Knots
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I think we are gonna get Falcon Crest for sure. Since it's all on streaming now. We will get the complete series of that.


I hope we get Knots Landing as well...but I think we have a much better chance getting the complete series of Falcon Crest on DVD first.
 

TaranofPrydain

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
One series that won't be appearing, but I would love it if it did was a short lived show called Gabriel's Fire in the 1990-1991 season, starring James Earl Jones. The searing drama only lasted in its original format for one year before being retooled entirely for an unsuccessful second season..... but the pilot of the original incarnation is online, and it is excellent. It would be nice if more resurfaced.....

 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
One series that won't be appearing, but I would love it if it did was a short lived show called Gabriel's Fire in the 1990-1991 season, starring James Earl Jones. The searing drama only lasted in its original format for one year before being retooled entirely for an unsuccessful second season..... but the pilot of the original incarnation is online, and it is excellent. It would be nice if more resurfaced.....

I remember when it premiered. It seemed like a popular enough show and JEJ was terrific in this. Hard to believe that it only lasted 22 episodes.
 

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV
7
 
Awards
15
I hate it when some series are only available in Region 1 dvds. I can't play them. So my list includes series I can't find or hasn't been released in Region 2 DVDs.

1. Sisters (1991-1996)

2. Mr and Mrs Smith (1996)

3. Full House (1987-1995)

4. Growing Pains (1985-1992)


Plus Knots

Buy yourself a region free DVD player.

I have one I got a few years ago, it was only about £50 off eBay. :)
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Buy yourself a region free DVD player.

I have one I got a few years ago, it was only about £50 off eBay. :)

I'd never buy a dvd player from eBay or Amazon etc. I don't trust them enough when it comes to electronics. For that, I only turn to trusted stores. Considering I have no region 1 dvds yet, I won't buy one soon.
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
Just seen complete DVD sets for Growing Pains and Maverick have been released so it looks like the releases are starting up.

I think a lot of shows that were originally on the Archive (in full or in part) will get that kind of release (an all-in-one)-- I hope Spenser: For Hire does.
 

Yesterday from the Beatles

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Just seen complete DVD sets for Growing Pains and Maverick have been released so it looks like the releases are starting up.
But this is just re-releases, just new packages, this time all together in one set. I'm not so happy about it. Cuz it's actually nothing new. These shows were already out on dvd. I wan't new things. This is just what I expected from WB: old things in a new set look, but actually nothing new . :(
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
But this is just re-releases, just new packages, this time all together in one set. I'm not so happy about it. Cuz it's actually nothing new. These shows were already out on dvd. I wan't new things. This is just what I expected from WB: old things in a new set look, but actually nothing new . :(

True, but if certain shows that were originally exclusive Archive releases get this kind of treatment, it might make it more affordable for those who did not have them due to expensive Archive releases to have them on regular DVDs.
 

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Awards
1
But this is just re-releases, just new packages, this time all together in one set. I'm not so happy about it. Cuz it's actually nothing new. These shows were already out on dvd. I wan't new things. This is just what I expected from WB: old things in a new set look, but actually nothing new . :(
I think this is just the start of the releases. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t get some new goodies thought out the year. I’m fully expecting a complete Knots Landing and Falcon Crest along with the Dallas remaster.
 
Top