The Crash Of 2016...Ten Years On

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
If you don't reply to a topic within the first hour, or you aren't among the first 5-10 people to reply, it's hardly worth the effort. Your reply will sink to the bottom
That's also how it works on youtube. Sometimes I reply to a video and then the next day I remove it because it all feels so useless - more like talking to myself.
And sometimes I realise, too late, that the video is uploaded six years ago. In other words: nobody cares anymore, not even the uploader him/herself.
 

Scorpienne

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Wow! That is a million dollar question. I think the reasons for why someone stops posting here varies from person to person. But I would say the most common reason is that real life got busy. Priorities changed as people had kids.
I think the real life part is a lot of it too. I belong to some of the FB groups and the one on but I like the discussions here much better.
 

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
8
 
Awards
18
I can’t believe it's already being 10 years ago our beloven Soapchat crashed and that's longer then i was on Soapchat, since i was active around 2007 as guest member but it was 2008 when i start to become a member. There has been many changes since then but i still love ready many post, i'm not really active these few months but i hope it will change soon as i'm done redecorating my appartement.
 
Last edited:

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
8
 
Awards
18
A lot of people didn't come back because they were afraid it could happen again. Some thought it wasn't an accident or might've been an economic decision made behind the scenes. Who knows?
I'd never thought of that, but it's certainly possible, after all an old social media platform called "Hyves" here in the Nederlands has made a comeback after being offline for 13 years, and a lot of the data was preserved -so it is strange that Soapchat just vanished like that.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
after all an old social media platform called "Hyves" here in the Nederlands has made a comeback after being offline for 13 years
My co-workers pressured me into joining Hyves only to bombard me with funny ha-ha stuff to react to. SO glad it was gone, no more lies and excuses about why I didn't react to their images and videos and whatnot.
But it was a good lesson because I think it would be much worse on facebook (although I'd love to have an account for voyeuristic reasons. Wasn't there a John James thread + link that made it possible to enter facebook unregistered and incognito? I will look it up)
 

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
8
 
Awards
18
My co-workers pressured me into joining Hyves only to bombard me with funny ha-ha stuff to react to. SO glad it was gone, no more lies and excuses about why I didn't react to their images and videos and whatnot.
But it was a good lesson because I think it would be much worse on facebook (although I'd love to have an account for voyeuristic reasons. Wasn't there a John James thread + link that made it possible to enter facebook unregistered and incognito? I will look it up)
Some of my co-workers also asked me if i would return to Hyves because i always said that i liked Hyves more then Facebook, because you can change some things on your profile like the background, that you can't do on Facebook but on the other hand it's more then 13 years ago and i'm affraid that i proberly won't like it the second time like the first time, we've been all getting older and use to things like Facebook and Instagram.

Yes i believe there were some Hyves pages from Dynasty and Dallas fans, i hope much older profiles are still there, but i left Hyves 1 year before they went offline. I don't have any social media profiles right now but maybe when more friends and family would join Hyvves again i proberly will too.

Yes i know you can't look at facebook pages without a account, so it's inpossiblle for me too look that up ttoo.
 
Last edited:
Top