Last DVD/Blu-Ray you bought?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
20
Laurel & Hardy - The Complete Collection (19 dvd's)
Excellent. I have a set of theirs as well. Not as comprehensive as this one, though. Mainly their shorts.
 

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
8
 
Awards
18
Excellent. I have a set of theirs as well. Not as comprehensive as this one, though. Mainly their shorts.
Thanks @Seaviewer,

I always wanted a dvd-box with all their Short silent, Talkies and other movies

And this box has been around for a long time here in our country, only it has become much cheaper now, and it has also been on my wish list for a very long time. I also doubted at first whether I would buy the UK complete 21 DVD box because they also include the option to see them in color, but I prefer to see Laurel and Hardy in black and white. ;)
 
Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
well i bought Doctor Who i'm gonna call them what they SHOULD have been called here in the states rather than just season 1 or season 2 etc...

i recently bought Seasons 18 & Season 26 on blu-ray
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
Ashamed to say Citizen Kane is one classic movie I’ve actually never seen for whatever reason. Would love to finally sit down and give it a watch
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
well there hasn't been any Orson wells movies that he's directed that iv'e seen that i thought were any good. there hasn't been that many to be fair
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
I for one have always liked the third Godfather movie. I think most people feel it’s not on par with the first two and I would have to agree but I still enjoy it. It’s not a bad movie at all IMO. It was just very different than the first two. I think a lot of people forget that it was made 16 years later and it was very hard for it to live up to its predecessors
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Bought a box-set with 4 David Lynch movies. Dune, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me & Lost Highway.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i like the 3rd godfather film as well and it's got it's issues, there's a new cut coming out that he's doing that will be shorter and it will have apparently Sofia more at the forefront cause he believes well Francis Ford i mean that she didn't get to show her acting ability in the cut he put out. one thing that does suffer is no Robert Duvall and that was only cause well Duvall went over to talk about the film & instead Francis Ford C. wanted to talk about Reciepe sorry for my bad spelling than the actual film so he pretty much thought what anyone would think well i guess he doesn't want me in the film.

for Dune (1984) I have that tin that has both versions when it hit dvd years ago. i never did see Blue Velvet (1986) but i do have a fan edit that's got a shit ton of deleted footage in it as it's a fan edit. i really do need a fan edit of fire walk with me though with all that footage put back in.. & i've never seen Lost Highway (1997)
 

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I still buy a lot of thinks on DVD, part of the reason is that in this ever changing world a lot of things get reclassified as unacceptable and then get pulled form streaming services and TV repeats never to see the light of day ever again. I like to know if I enjoy something and want to watch it again then I will be able to and with additional cuts over the years to make it acceptable to the changing views of living.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i still buying physical because if you take NCIS i'm currently on Season 4 i took a couple days off i own seasons 1-5 on dvd but if i want to go on say Netflix or hulu if they have them on there now but if i want to go and watch them a year or two from now they most likely won't be on there at all but if i go to my shelf they are right there, i dunno why people prefer streaming. now don't get me wrong i've watched stuff on streaming but if it's good i end up buying it anyways that's how i am anyways how about you?
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
well the last one i bought was NCIS Seasons 4 (2006-2007) and NCIS Season 5 (2007-2008)

Last one I got was VEI's all-in-one of Diagnosis Murder.
 
Top