Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Who are you favorite one-time or occasional characters?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="James from London" data-source="post: 182022" data-attributes="member: 22"><p>One of my favourite one-scene characters is Sarah Mulgravy, the mother of the girl molested by Edgar Randolph. The Krebbses find her hanging out the washing in the backyard, friendly as can be ("I don't want you think we don't have a dryer, we do; I just think clothes smell better this way"), before she breaks down as she recalls what happened years before ("Oh Lord, why didn't I have a gun when I went into that room?"). Come to think of it, Edgar and his wife Martha were really well cast too.</p><p></p><p>And one of my all-time favourite characters ever was Alf Brindle, the old rigger who'd worked with Jock, Jason and Digger back in the day, whom JR, Bobby and Ray bring to Cliff's condo to 'testify' to Jason's bad character in front of him, Pam and Jamie. ("Beggin' your pardon, Miss Jamie, and I don't mean no disrespect, but your daddy was a black-hearted man"). That actor was great - shy and twitchy and excitable and itching for a drink, all at the same time.</p><p></p><p>Then there were Lucy's two love rivals - Alan Beam's slinky girlfriend Betty Lou played by Terry from <em>Falcon Crest</em> and Lucy's waitress nemesis Betty who was sleeping with Eddie the whole time. ("I just wanted to see if you rich girls hurt as much as us poor ones and I am damn glad to see that you do.") Waitress Betty later won an Oscar. Speaking of Eddie, he was my second favourite of Lucy's boyfriends. He and Betty didn't have much to do, but they just felt so real while they were doing it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="James from London, post: 182022, member: 22"] One of my favourite one-scene characters is Sarah Mulgravy, the mother of the girl molested by Edgar Randolph. The Krebbses find her hanging out the washing in the backyard, friendly as can be ("I don't want you think we don't have a dryer, we do; I just think clothes smell better this way"), before she breaks down as she recalls what happened years before ("Oh Lord, why didn't I have a gun when I went into that room?"). Come to think of it, Edgar and his wife Martha were really well cast too. And one of my all-time favourite characters ever was Alf Brindle, the old rigger who'd worked with Jock, Jason and Digger back in the day, whom JR, Bobby and Ray bring to Cliff's condo to 'testify' to Jason's bad character in front of him, Pam and Jamie. ("Beggin' your pardon, Miss Jamie, and I don't mean no disrespect, but your daddy was a black-hearted man"). That actor was great - shy and twitchy and excitable and itching for a drink, all at the same time. Then there were Lucy's two love rivals - Alan Beam's slinky girlfriend Betty Lou played by Terry from [I]Falcon Crest[/I] and Lucy's waitress nemesis Betty who was sleeping with Eddie the whole time. ("I just wanted to see if you rich girls hurt as much as us poor ones and I am damn glad to see that you do.") Waitress Betty later won an Oscar. Speaking of Eddie, he was my second favourite of Lucy's boyfriends. He and Betty didn't have much to do, but they just felt so real while they were doing it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Who are you favorite one-time or occasional characters?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top