Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 438488" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Now I've finally watched it, I can see why. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I was aware of this, and looked into watching it after viewing <em>Wanda.</em> I gave up when it wasn't free to stream for me (I don't subscribe to any service beyond Prime) and based on your comments perhaps I'm not missing all that much. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ah yes. I have watched <em>Soapdish</em>, but that was probably 20+ years ago. Perhaps I'll be due a revisit soon. </p><p></p><p><em>Dave</em> is another that I know about but have yet to watch. It has a pretty good cast. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>A month on from watching and, yes, this is <u><em>the</em></u> scene of the film for me and Maria Aitken makes it. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh yes. That's a good fit. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ooh, interesting. I don't think I would have considered her on the grounds of her being unobtainable. I could envisage her as Wanda but somehow - even in fan casting - I couldn't imagine her doing a non-American film. Then I realised I'd forgotten about <em>The Prince And The Showgirl</em>. </p><p></p><p>Now I think about it, the business with Wanda pretending to be extremely short-sighted without her glasses does seem to channel Pola Debevoise.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 438488, member: 23"] Now I've finally watched it, I can see why. I was aware of this, and looked into watching it after viewing [I]Wanda.[/I] I gave up when it wasn't free to stream for me (I don't subscribe to any service beyond Prime) and based on your comments perhaps I'm not missing all that much. Ah yes. I have watched [I]Soapdish[/I], but that was probably 20+ years ago. Perhaps I'll be due a revisit soon. [I]Dave[/I] is another that I know about but have yet to watch. It has a pretty good cast. A month on from watching and, yes, this is [U][I]the[/I][/U] scene of the film for me and Maria Aitken makes it. Oh yes. That's a good fit. Ooh, interesting. I don't think I would have considered her on the grounds of her being unobtainable. I could envisage her as Wanda but somehow - even in fan casting - I couldn't imagine her doing a non-American film. Then I realised I'd forgotten about [I]The Prince And The Showgirl[/I]. Now I think about it, the business with Wanda pretending to be extremely short-sighted without her glasses does seem to channel Pola Debevoise. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top