Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 433805" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Do you know, I couldn't swear either way. I certainly remember the poster, and I seem to remember seeing it listed on TV over Christmas time, but with a very late start (probably after the News At Ten or something). </p><p></p><p>I feel I may have seen it (or parts of it), but then I may also be confusing it with another film made around the same time with a similar period setting. One scene from a film that sticks vividly in my mind is of a boy walking along a street when something can be seen silently gliding in the sky behind him and then there's a massive explosion as a shell drops. If it's not from this film then I probably haven't seen it. </p><p></p><p>When I just looked to see if I could jog my memory, I notice it's loosely based on the early life of Cynthia Payne, just as the same year's <em>Personal Services </em>was based on a slightly older Cynthia as she became an infamous madam. I loved<em> Personal Services,</em> so this has certainly piqued my interest. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>This is very true.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 433805, member: 23"] Do you know, I couldn't swear either way. I certainly remember the poster, and I seem to remember seeing it listed on TV over Christmas time, but with a very late start (probably after the News At Ten or something). I feel I may have seen it (or parts of it), but then I may also be confusing it with another film made around the same time with a similar period setting. One scene from a film that sticks vividly in my mind is of a boy walking along a street when something can be seen silently gliding in the sky behind him and then there's a massive explosion as a shell drops. If it's not from this film then I probably haven't seen it. When I just looked to see if I could jog my memory, I notice it's loosely based on the early life of Cynthia Payne, just as the same year's [I]Personal Services [/I]was based on a slightly older Cynthia as she became an infamous madam. I loved[I] Personal Services,[/I] so this has certainly piqued my interest. This is very true. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top