Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 433760" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Oh...I've tried to watch that a few weeks ago, but turned it off after 30+ minutes or so.</p><p>I have never watched the original series therefore it's all new to me. I found what I've seen (set up, characters, purpose etc) incomprehensible but I can blame that failure on my own nitwittery.</p><p>But it's also <em>boringly</em> incomprehensible and surely I shouldn't be blamed for both. </p><p>There's nothing outrageous about this situation, it's happened many times before....but probably <em>not</em> with films starring Gary Oldman. </p><p>On the upside, I never got to the part of Tom Hardy's <span style="font-size: 10px">(alleged)</span> problematic performance which means that my opinion of Hardy & Locke remains untarnished.</p><p></p><p>I have been thinking about watching the original TTSS series (and its sequel) because I usually like to watch characters who pretend to be someone else. I'm sure it traces back to the children's stories about bad wolves pretending to be sweet grandmothers and whatnot.</p><p>Come to think of it, wasn't Gary Oldman in a modern version of Red Riding Hood?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 433760, member: 8"] Oh...I've tried to watch that a few weeks ago, but turned it off after 30+ minutes or so. I have never watched the original series therefore it's all new to me. I found what I've seen (set up, characters, purpose etc) incomprehensible but I can blame that failure on my own nitwittery. But it's also [I]boringly[/I] incomprehensible and surely I shouldn't be blamed for both. There's nothing outrageous about this situation, it's happened many times before....but probably [I]not[/I] with films starring Gary Oldman. On the upside, I never got to the part of Tom Hardy's [SIZE=2](alleged)[/SIZE] problematic performance which means that my opinion of Hardy & Locke remains untarnished. I have been thinking about watching the original TTSS series (and its sequel) because I usually like to watch characters who pretend to be someone else. I'm sure it traces back to the children's stories about bad wolves pretending to be sweet grandmothers and whatnot. Come to think of it, wasn't Gary Oldman in a modern version of Red Riding Hood? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top