Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 433747" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>It was the opposite for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the film remake of <em>Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy </em>in which he had a small role which I consider the worst thing about it. I said this at the time:</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I'm sure he's fine at playing the angry alpha male type but his character here was meant to be nervous, edgy and reticent but he was just trying too hard for my liking and I found his performance for this part overly mannered, amateurish and unconvincing which briefly took me out of the otherwise-compelling story.</p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]vQ0JLJoy1Oo[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p><p>Incidentally, I've just watched a few scenes from <em>Locke</em> and found myself thinking he did a passable Newcastle accent.... Then I looked further and discovered it's meant to be Welsh. Seems he <a href="https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/havocs-tom-hardy-swore-blind-31544707" target="_blank">took a lot of stick over that</a> (and rightly so). It is a nice concept though, and does look very well-made.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 433747, member: 23"] It was the opposite for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the film remake of [I]Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [/I]in which he had a small role which I consider the worst thing about it. I said this at the time: I'm sure he's fine at playing the angry alpha male type but his character here was meant to be nervous, edgy and reticent but he was just trying too hard for my liking and I found his performance for this part overly mannered, amateurish and unconvincing which briefly took me out of the otherwise-compelling story. [CENTER] [MEDIA=youtube]vQ0JLJoy1Oo[/MEDIA] [/CENTER] Incidentally, I've just watched a few scenes from [I]Locke[/I] and found myself thinking he did a passable Newcastle accent.... Then I looked further and discovered it's meant to be Welsh. Seems he [URL='https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/havocs-tom-hardy-swore-blind-31544707']took a lot of stick over that[/URL] (and rightly so). It is a nice concept though, and does look very well-made. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top