Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 433741" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>When I watched the trailer for Locked my first reaction was "I've already seen this". I *think* it was an episode of the fabulous <em>Inside No. 9</em>, but now I'm not sure anymore. Did it dream it?</p><p></p><p>Funnily enough, and I'm absolutely sure of this, there was a one-man-show-inside-a-car film in 2013 called LOCKE. The title only refers to the character's name and I think I once mentioned that "Olivia Colman is in every movie even when she's not" and she can be heard over the phone.</p><p>The nondescript title is kinda rubbish imo but the film itself is fantastic. Not a typical thriller but a very tense and dramatic ride, almost like an audio-soap on screen.</p><p></p><p></p><p>I had expected much more (or better) from this well-regarded film. But if I have to be perfectly honest I'm not a big fan of these 1950s/1960s period dramas made in the 1970s or even 1980s. It usually focuses on a greatest hits scenario, the most memorable part of that pop culture. Everything happens inside a diner with rock&roll ballads coming out of the jukebox, I find it so over the top pastiche.</p><p>And as you've already pointed out, the "where were you in '62?" doesn't feel like a blast from the past in '73. But it rhymes, that's true.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 433741, member: 8"] When I watched the trailer for Locked my first reaction was "I've already seen this". I *think* it was an episode of the fabulous [I]Inside No. 9[/I], but now I'm not sure anymore. Did it dream it? Funnily enough, and I'm absolutely sure of this, there was a one-man-show-inside-a-car film in 2013 called LOCKE. The title only refers to the character's name and I think I once mentioned that "Olivia Colman is in every movie even when she's not" and she can be heard over the phone. The nondescript title is kinda rubbish imo but the film itself is fantastic. Not a typical thriller but a very tense and dramatic ride, almost like an audio-soap on screen. I had expected much more (or better) from this well-regarded film. But if I have to be perfectly honest I'm not a big fan of these 1950s/1960s period dramas made in the 1970s or even 1980s. It usually focuses on a greatest hits scenario, the most memorable part of that pop culture. Everything happens inside a diner with rock&roll ballads coming out of the jukebox, I find it so over the top pastiche. And as you've already pointed out, the "where were you in '62?" doesn't feel like a blast from the past in '73. But it rhymes, that's true. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top