Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 429510" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Salo (1975)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]57098[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>So ahead of its time / feels even more relevant todayz / it's actually about the human condition.</p><p>I'm running out review clichés so I guess it has to be dealt with, for realz.</p><p></p><p>I have actively avoided this film because I couldn't see the profit in submitting myself to something that is widely considered as "unwatchable trash", but eventually I started to feel the incompleteness of Thy Not See* <span style="font-size: 12px">(*I'm stealing that from Snarky Oracle)</span>. Besides, what's the worst thing that could happen?</p><p>Unfortunately I had to find out, yet again, that it was not very wise to ignore my instinct, and that curiosity can be a false messenger. And the saddest thing is that (yet again!) I will not learn from this dreadful experience.</p><p>It's just a terrible film all round, from the gore that cannot be unseen to the insufferable narrative that doesn't tell me anything.</p><p></p><p>People with more understanding of the politics of that time, or the famous/infamous literature that inspired the film, may get something out of it. I mean, <em>somebody</em> has to like it.</p><p>Perhaps the worst thing about this film is that it's devoid of humour, or maybe it was the kind of humour that went completely over my head.</p><p>The only other film by Pee.Pee. Pasolini that I have seen (Teorema) <em>is</em> very funny (and that means....what? What's my point?)</p><p></p><p>I threw the DVD in the garbage, adding more toxic plastic waste to this planet and feeling horrible about it. It's just not fair.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 429510, member: 8"] Salo (1975) [ATTACH type="full"]57098[/ATTACH] So ahead of its time / feels even more relevant todayz / it's actually about the human condition. I'm running out review clichés so I guess it has to be dealt with, for realz. I have actively avoided this film because I couldn't see the profit in submitting myself to something that is widely considered as "unwatchable trash", but eventually I started to feel the incompleteness of Thy Not See* [SIZE=3](*I'm stealing that from Snarky Oracle)[/SIZE]. Besides, what's the worst thing that could happen? Unfortunately I had to find out, yet again, that it was not very wise to ignore my instinct, and that curiosity can be a false messenger. And the saddest thing is that (yet again!) I will not learn from this dreadful experience. It's just a terrible film all round, from the gore that cannot be unseen to the insufferable narrative that doesn't tell me anything. People with more understanding of the politics of that time, or the famous/infamous literature that inspired the film, may get something out of it. I mean, [I]somebody[/I] has to like it. Perhaps the worst thing about this film is that it's devoid of humour, or maybe it was the kind of humour that went completely over my head. The only other film by Pee.Pee. Pasolini that I have seen (Teorema) [I]is[/I] very funny (and that means....what? What's my point?) I threw the DVD in the garbage, adding more toxic plastic waste to this planet and feeling horrible about it. It's just not fair. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top