Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 421092" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>A few weeks ago I watched the biopic.</p><p>I knew nothing about the man Capote, the novel or the circumstances thereof, and with Philip Seymour Hoffman in the lead role I figured this could be an interesting film.</p><p>Now I'm pretty sure that PSH portrayed Capote as accurately as possible but that didn't improve my experience of watching a very annoying character - what he says and how he says it.</p><p>I continued watching because I thought the story itself had something to offer, but apart from the basic facts (the crime, the novel, the visits to prison) I was still none the wiser after the film had ended.</p><p>Because of Capote's hot/cold approach I have no idea what this film tried to convey on a more emotional level.</p><p></p><p>The supporting actors Catherine Keener and Chris Cooper made it somewhat watchable.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 421092, member: 8"] A few weeks ago I watched the biopic. I knew nothing about the man Capote, the novel or the circumstances thereof, and with Philip Seymour Hoffman in the lead role I figured this could be an interesting film. Now I'm pretty sure that PSH portrayed Capote as accurately as possible but that didn't improve my experience of watching a very annoying character - what he says and how he says it. I continued watching because I thought the story itself had something to offer, but apart from the basic facts (the crime, the novel, the visits to prison) I was still none the wiser after the film had ended. Because of Capote's hot/cold approach I have no idea what this film tried to convey on a more emotional level. The supporting actors Catherine Keener and Chris Cooper made it somewhat watchable. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top