Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 421007" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>POOR THINGS (2023)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55898[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>A retrofuturistic baroque gothic euro-kitsch sex comedy about a Frankensteinian creature trying to find her agency. <span style="font-size: 12px">*cough*female empowerment*cough*</span></p><p>It's a gorgeous film with an abundance of details, shapes and colours, and I simply expected most of it to be the result of CGI. It exhilarates me to know that some or most (?) of the sets were physically created, or used what was already there. That's what I consider real movie magic: to make something fake come alive.</p><p>The script is fantastic, it's clever and bold and funny and sometimes it made me think of Terry Gilliam's <em>Brazil</em> but also <em>Candy</em> (1968).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 421007, member: 8"] POOR THINGS (2023) [ATTACH type="full"]55898[/ATTACH] A retrofuturistic baroque gothic euro-kitsch sex comedy about a Frankensteinian creature trying to find her agency. [SIZE=3]*cough*female empowerment*cough*[/SIZE] It's a gorgeous film with an abundance of details, shapes and colours, and I simply expected most of it to be the result of CGI. It exhilarates me to know that some or most (?) of the sets were physically created, or used what was already there. That's what I consider real movie magic: to make something fake come alive. The script is fantastic, it's clever and bold and funny and sometimes it made me think of Terry Gilliam's [I]Brazil[/I] but also [I]Candy[/I] (1968). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top