Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 416169" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>BURNT OFFERINGS (1976)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55245[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Or Burnt Oliver who seems to have indulged in Californian sunshine. That's why they have to keep him wet.</p><p></p><p>If American Gothic is a genre then I think this is one of the better examples. I've seen worse, a lot worse. </p><p>The first half of the film is kinda sluggish, and the relentless ominous score only emphasises that it isn't terribly exciting to watch.</p><p>When the characters have to <em>be</em> characters and establish a sense of family it doesn't work at all, but once the terror picks up in the second half they only have to worry about <em>that</em>. From that point on it's an entertaining ride to the fabulous and bloody climax, with a few unintentionally funny moments but that doesn't count as a complaint.</p><p>I think it's a good-looking film that makes the most of its sets (real interior or not) and it never hurts when the upload comes in good picture quality (from blu-raayyy).</p><p>The very idea that you're living in a house together with a person you never see is, of course, absolutely ridiculous. It's almost like one of those infamously unseen sitcom characters.</p><p></p><p>My DVD player is behaving difficult, I guess it needs to be replaced. These throwaway things usually don't last more than two years, and less when used intensively.</p><p>Remember the times when these devices were indestructible? My microwave from the late 1990s still works like a charm.</p><p>But, enfin.</p><p></p><p>THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD (1975)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55246[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Now that's what I call proper recycling. As for the "electrifying motion picture"....well, not so much. </p><p>Somehow I know that Shirley MacLaine believes or believed in reincarnation, therefore I wonder it became topical in the 1970s. There certainly was a lust for the alternative stuff in horror films.</p><p>Apart from that, this is a painfully straightforward story that accepts reincarnation instead of exploring it. Somebody discovers that he used to be someone else and then tracks down those origins.</p><p>There is the tantalising aspect of going public and turn the whole world upside down, but unfortunately the main character nips it in the bud.</p><p></p><p>Nevertheless, thanks to the ever-reliable seventies cinematography and lovely score it's not a massive bore to sit through.</p><p>Margot Kidder is good and Michael Sarrazin has that dreamy je ne sais quoi (or is that a different phrasing for "Canadian"?).</p><p>There's two ways to look at the title: even more painfully straightforward than the story itself, or intriguingly Poe. </p><p>Right now I just want a reincarnation of my DVD player. Please help.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 416169, member: 8"] BURNT OFFERINGS (1976) [ATTACH type="full"]55245[/ATTACH] Or Burnt Oliver who seems to have indulged in Californian sunshine. That's why they have to keep him wet. If American Gothic is a genre then I think this is one of the better examples. I've seen worse, a lot worse. The first half of the film is kinda sluggish, and the relentless ominous score only emphasises that it isn't terribly exciting to watch. When the characters have to [I]be[/I] characters and establish a sense of family it doesn't work at all, but once the terror picks up in the second half they only have to worry about [I]that[/I]. From that point on it's an entertaining ride to the fabulous and bloody climax, with a few unintentionally funny moments but that doesn't count as a complaint. I think it's a good-looking film that makes the most of its sets (real interior or not) and it never hurts when the upload comes in good picture quality (from blu-raayyy). The very idea that you're living in a house together with a person you never see is, of course, absolutely ridiculous. It's almost like one of those infamously unseen sitcom characters. My DVD player is behaving difficult, I guess it needs to be replaced. These throwaway things usually don't last more than two years, and less when used intensively. Remember the times when these devices were indestructible? My microwave from the late 1990s still works like a charm. But, enfin. THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD (1975) [ATTACH type="full"]55246[/ATTACH] Now that's what I call proper recycling. As for the "electrifying motion picture"....well, not so much. Somehow I know that Shirley MacLaine believes or believed in reincarnation, therefore I wonder it became topical in the 1970s. There certainly was a lust for the alternative stuff in horror films. Apart from that, this is a painfully straightforward story that accepts reincarnation instead of exploring it. Somebody discovers that he used to be someone else and then tracks down those origins. There is the tantalising aspect of going public and turn the whole world upside down, but unfortunately the main character nips it in the bud. Nevertheless, thanks to the ever-reliable seventies cinematography and lovely score it's not a massive bore to sit through. Margot Kidder is good and Michael Sarrazin has that dreamy je ne sais quoi (or is that a different phrasing for "Canadian"?). There's two ways to look at the title: even more painfully straightforward than the story itself, or intriguingly Poe. Right now I just want a reincarnation of my DVD player. Please help. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top