Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 414901" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE & HER LOVER (1989)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55037[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>An excess in food, vulgarity and sensuality presented in various breathtaking sets, and it's precisely the combinations of havoc & ceremony and glamour & kink that I love in Ken Russell's films.</p><p>Michael Gambon is wonderfully entertaining as the opinionated villain and Helen Mirren plays it fearless like she always does. Several characters get shoved around or worse and there were many moments that made me laugh out loud.</p><p>This is the third Peter Greenaway film I've seen and I also love <em>The Baby Of Mâcon</em> that tackles the theme of cult and religion in mind-bogglingly gorgeous sets and mixes film, play and quasi-reality in a most bizarre way.</p><p>I thought <em>The Draughtsman's Contract </em>was so-so but maybe I'll rewatch it sometime, and I don't know much about the other films so that could be hit or miss.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 414901, member: 8"] THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE & HER LOVER (1989) [ATTACH type="full"]55037[/ATTACH] An excess in food, vulgarity and sensuality presented in various breathtaking sets, and it's precisely the combinations of havoc & ceremony and glamour & kink that I love in Ken Russell's films. Michael Gambon is wonderfully entertaining as the opinionated villain and Helen Mirren plays it fearless like she always does. Several characters get shoved around or worse and there were many moments that made me laugh out loud. This is the third Peter Greenaway film I've seen and I also love [I]The Baby Of Mâcon[/I] that tackles the theme of cult and religion in mind-bogglingly gorgeous sets and mixes film, play and quasi-reality in a most bizarre way. I thought [I]The Draughtsman's Contract [/I]was so-so but maybe I'll rewatch it sometime, and I don't know much about the other films so that could be hit or miss. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top