Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 414567" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>DESPICABLE ME 4 (2024)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55005[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>After the wife and the brother here comes the baby, and also yet another larger than life villain.</p><p>Broadly speaking, I think this type of comedy is about repetition and familiarity and to tell the jokes in different ways and that's very much what's going on in chapter four.</p><p>The problem is always that the best supervillain, Gru himself, can't be a supervillain and he's got softer with every subsequent episode.</p><p>Therefore it's not surprising that my favourite sub-plot in DM4 is the heist at Lycée Pas Bon courtesy of wannabe-supervillainess Poppy Prescott, and Principal Übelschlecht completely overshadows Maxime Le Mal who was created as the film's main nemesis.</p><p></p><p>I love language caricature and Maxime is properly voiced but the cockroach mutation is too fantastical and gross for my taste. The best part is that the actual cockroaches <em>aren't</em> used to advance the plot.</p><p>DM4 features two copies of Cruella De Vil: Maxime's sidekick Valentina, and Mayflower resident Melora, and all the previous villains make a cameo appearance in one of the last scenes.</p><p>Some of the minions are getting "incredibled" and I really love the joke about the window cleaner in peril.</p><p></p><p>It was a given that any sequel would no longer have the novelty of the first film but overall Despicable Me 4 delivers non-stop jokes and over-the-top action and I might watch it again. Actually I don't remember much of the previous instalments so there's an idea.</p><p>I don't watch many computer animated films therefore I was easily bedazzled by the perfectly crafted details in some of the scenes.</p><p></p><p>Not necessarily this one, but it made me laugh out loud.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]55007[/ATTACH]</p><p>[ATTACH=full]55008[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 414567, member: 8"] DESPICABLE ME 4 (2024) [ATTACH type="full" alt="1733567108613.png"]55005[/ATTACH] After the wife and the brother here comes the baby, and also yet another larger than life villain. Broadly speaking, I think this type of comedy is about repetition and familiarity and to tell the jokes in different ways and that's very much what's going on in chapter four. The problem is always that the best supervillain, Gru himself, can't be a supervillain and he's got softer with every subsequent episode. Therefore it's not surprising that my favourite sub-plot in DM4 is the heist at Lycée Pas Bon courtesy of wannabe-supervillainess Poppy Prescott, and Principal Übelschlecht completely overshadows Maxime Le Mal who was created as the film's main nemesis. I love language caricature and Maxime is properly voiced but the cockroach mutation is too fantastical and gross for my taste. The best part is that the actual cockroaches [I]aren't[/I] used to advance the plot. DM4 features two copies of Cruella De Vil: Maxime's sidekick Valentina, and Mayflower resident Melora, and all the previous villains make a cameo appearance in one of the last scenes. Some of the minions are getting "incredibled" and I really love the joke about the window cleaner in peril. It was a given that any sequel would no longer have the novelty of the first film but overall Despicable Me 4 delivers non-stop jokes and over-the-top action and I might watch it again. Actually I don't remember much of the previous instalments so there's an idea. I don't watch many computer animated films therefore I was easily bedazzled by the perfectly crafted details in some of the scenes. Not necessarily this one, but it made me laugh out loud. [ATTACH type="full" alt="1733572119402.png"]55007[/ATTACH] [ATTACH type="full" alt="1733572141415.png"]55008[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top