Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 407125" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016)</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]54099[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I know Disney gets heavily criticised for its remakes, and some of those do indeed lack the magic of the original animated versions.</p><p>THE JUNGLE BOOK is definitely not one of those failures. In fact, I think it's one of the most majestic looking CGI remakes I have ever seen, and combined with the wonderful sounds it's become an all-inclusive incredible experience.</p><p>To be fair, the original has never been one of my favourite animated films therefore I didn't feel the urge to act like the nostalgia police, but still I had not expected it to be <em>this </em> good.</p><p>All the characters are spot on and always funny, endearing or frightening in exactly the right moments, and it's also pleasantly devoid of cheap sentiment and corny comedy.</p><p>I braced myself when Baloo arrived on the scene but that worry proved to be unjustified.</p><p>Incidentally, this is the second film this week that stars Bill Murray so now I can no longer say "I've never seen him in anything".</p><p></p><p>This is another one for the DVD collection, and from my point of view that's the best compliment a film can get.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 407125, member: 8"] THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016) [ATTACH type="full"]54099[/ATTACH] I know Disney gets heavily criticised for its remakes, and some of those do indeed lack the magic of the original animated versions. THE JUNGLE BOOK is definitely not one of those failures. In fact, I think it's one of the most majestic looking CGI remakes I have ever seen, and combined with the wonderful sounds it's become an all-inclusive incredible experience. To be fair, the original has never been one of my favourite animated films therefore I didn't feel the urge to act like the nostalgia police, but still I had not expected it to be [I]this [/I] good. All the characters are spot on and always funny, endearing or frightening in exactly the right moments, and it's also pleasantly devoid of cheap sentiment and corny comedy. I braced myself when Baloo arrived on the scene but that worry proved to be unjustified. Incidentally, this is the second film this week that stars Bill Murray so now I can no longer say "I've never seen him in anything". This is another one for the DVD collection, and from my point of view that's the best compliment a film can get. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top