Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 406863" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>KILLER JOE (2011)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]54048[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>This is FARGO minus the fun and with a SOPRANOS style ending. Gina Gershon is great as the slutty stepmother and the film is always entertaining <em>enough</em>...but nothing special.</p><p></p><p></p><p>RESTORATION (1995)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]54049[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>And now I understand why I've never heard of this film, not here, not on youtube or anywhere else on the internet.</p><p>It's a gorgeous production and Polly Walker looks absolutely stunning but apart from that the film is painfully devoid of the oomph that this story requires.</p><p>The best thing I can say is that it's perfectly inoffensive except for <s>Melanie Griffith's</s> <s>Nicole Kidman's</s> Meg Ryan's hair (ironically, in a story about big bewiggery).</p><p>Robert Downey looks wide-eyedly adorable but has no idea if the role should be played dramatically or farcically. Perhaps the director was too distracted by all the splash on the display.</p><p>Apparently the film itself has not been restored (yet?), it's shown in standard definition which only adds to the overall bland experience.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 406863, member: 8"] KILLER JOE (2011) [ATTACH type="full"]54048[/ATTACH] This is FARGO minus the fun and with a SOPRANOS style ending. Gina Gershon is great as the slutty stepmother and the film is always entertaining [I]enough[/I]...but nothing special. RESTORATION (1995) [ATTACH type="full"]54049[/ATTACH] And now I understand why I've never heard of this film, not here, not on youtube or anywhere else on the internet. It's a gorgeous production and Polly Walker looks absolutely stunning but apart from that the film is painfully devoid of the oomph that this story requires. The best thing I can say is that it's perfectly inoffensive except for [S]Melanie Griffith's[/S] [S]Nicole Kidman's[/S] Meg Ryan's hair (ironically, in a story about big bewiggery). Robert Downey looks wide-eyedly adorable but has no idea if the role should be played dramatically or farcically. Perhaps the director was too distracted by all the splash on the display. Apparently the film itself has not been restored (yet?), it's shown in standard definition which only adds to the overall bland experience. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top