Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 405163" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I'm beginning to think that people have been watching "Hitchcock" the wrong way.</p><p>Not as in "overrated", but maybe he was the best in offering the alternative to the more conventional Romance dramas and comedies.</p><p>Romances that "just happen to happen" in spooky or dangerous situations, impossible romances (Rebecca & Mrs. Danvers) or the tragedy of the could-be romances ruined by psychopathy (Norman & Marion).</p><p>When that unusual connection between characters really works, regardless of whatever criminal shenanigans, I think that's when Hitchcock shines out.</p><p></p><p>But he's not the greatest storyteller, imo.</p><p></p><p>I didn't think she was playing one of her real-life greatest hits, but it just sounds so....monstrous.</p><p>Btw, I like Deadwood Stage and Move Over Darling <span style="font-size: 12px">(I have both in dance cover-version aimed at the gay club audience but that's neither here nor there).</span></p><p></p><p>But they're still fun to discuss. And I'll never stop being curious - so many great and bad films to discover, so little time.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 405163, member: 8"] I'm beginning to think that people have been watching "Hitchcock" the wrong way. Not as in "overrated", but maybe he was the best in offering the alternative to the more conventional Romance dramas and comedies. Romances that "just happen to happen" in spooky or dangerous situations, impossible romances (Rebecca & Mrs. Danvers) or the tragedy of the could-be romances ruined by psychopathy (Norman & Marion). When that unusual connection between characters really works, regardless of whatever criminal shenanigans, I think that's when Hitchcock shines out. But he's not the greatest storyteller, imo. I didn't think she was playing one of her real-life greatest hits, but it just sounds so....monstrous. Btw, I like Deadwood Stage and Move Over Darling [SIZE=3](I have both in dance cover-version aimed at the gay club audience but that's neither here nor there).[/SIZE] But they're still fun to discuss. And I'll never stop being curious - so many great and bad films to discover, so little time. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top