Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="James from London" data-source="post: 403358" data-attributes="member: 22"><p>A very interesting choice. I was about to type that the first Doctor Who is in it, but then realised I've got it mixed up with <em>This Sporting Life</em>. Both are early 60s kitchen sink dramas, and about as far from a formulaic inspirational sports movie as you can get.</p><p></p><p>The three sports movies that spring immeidately to my mind are all boxing-related: <em>Body and Soul</em> (1947 with John Garfield). the remake of <em>The Champ</em> (about as 1979 as you can get, with Jon Voight, Faye Dunaway and Ricky Schroder) and of course <em>Raging Bull</em>.</p><p></p><p>The closest was 1992's <em>Carry On Columbus</em>, which is to the original films what the <em>Peyton Place</em> TV movies are to the 1960s series. You turn it on thinking "How bad can it be? ... Oh, <em>this</em> bad."</p><p></p><p></p><p>HA!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="James from London, post: 403358, member: 22"] A very interesting choice. I was about to type that the first Doctor Who is in it, but then realised I've got it mixed up with [I]This Sporting Life[/I]. Both are early 60s kitchen sink dramas, and about as far from a formulaic inspirational sports movie as you can get. The three sports movies that spring immeidately to my mind are all boxing-related: [I]Body and Soul[/I] (1947 with John Garfield). the remake of [I]The Champ[/I] (about as 1979 as you can get, with Jon Voight, Faye Dunaway and Ricky Schroder) and of course [I]Raging Bull[/I]. The closest was 1992's [I]Carry On Columbus[/I], which is to the original films what the [I]Peyton Place[/I] TV movies are to the 1960s series. You turn it on thinking "How bad can it be? ... Oh, [I]this[/I] bad." HA! [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top