Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 403356" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I have avoided sports films mostly for the reasons I've already mentioned. Until a few months ago when I watched Anthony Quinn's <em>Requiem For A Heavyweight</em> (which was mentioned in one of those "forgotten gems" lists, and is indeed a terrific little movie) the last sport drama I had seen was <em>Chariots Of Fire</em> way back in the 1980s.</p><p>Now I'm intrigued by the thought that I may have missed out on some great stories that have <em>more</em> to offer than the despicably inspirational underdog-becomes-winner genre <span style="font-size: 12px">(sorry, Rocky fans).</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">The BFI website has become my main source for new discoveries therefore I'll add <em>The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner</em> and <em>The Miracle Of Bern</em> to the list.</span></p><p>Prime also got <em>Borg vs. McEnroe</em>, that could be fun, I suspect it's going to be in that slightly larger-than-life style that you mentioned.</p><p></p><p>Nobody does it better than Mia and I just can't get enough of it. But I also consider THE COLBYS the passive-aggressive version of DYNASTY.</p><p></p><p>Has anyone ever tried to revive the Carry On series in a 21st century fashion?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 403356, member: 8"] I have avoided sports films mostly for the reasons I've already mentioned. Until a few months ago when I watched Anthony Quinn's [I]Requiem For A Heavyweight[/I] (which was mentioned in one of those "forgotten gems" lists, and is indeed a terrific little movie) the last sport drama I had seen was [I]Chariots Of Fire[/I] way back in the 1980s. Now I'm intrigued by the thought that I may have missed out on some great stories that have [I]more[/I] to offer than the despicably inspirational underdog-becomes-winner genre [SIZE=3](sorry, Rocky fans).[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]The BFI website has become my main source for new discoveries therefore I'll add [I]The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner[/I] and [I]The Miracle Of Bern[/I] to the list.[/SIZE] Prime also got [I]Borg vs. McEnroe[/I], that could be fun, I suspect it's going to be in that slightly larger-than-life style that you mentioned. Nobody does it better than Mia and I just can't get enough of it. But I also consider THE COLBYS the passive-aggressive version of DYNASTY. Has anyone ever tried to revive the Carry On series in a 21st century fashion? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top