Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 403346" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>HOT FUZZ (2007)</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]53639[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p><em>Midsomer Murders</em> meets <em>The Naked Gun</em> meets <em>Tarantino </em>meets "mismatch cop buddies" meets....everything else.</p><p>The two lead actors are supported by the qui-est-qui of British cinema in this no-holds-barred blockbuster, but I'm afraid it doesn't always live up to that description.</p><p></p><p>To parody clichés doesn't necessarily make it less cliché, it needs to be done very cleverly to make it look new and fresh.</p><p>The visual gags combined with the one-liner gags combined with the many oddball characters in an hysterical slasher-whodunit makes HOT FUZZ a very, very busy film that simply cannot commit itself to anything.</p><p> My instinct was to fight the Fuzz and wishful-think it into one of the three great films hidden in this relentless cacophony, but that made the experience even more exhausting.</p><p>After an hour or so I caved in and let the rest of the film roll by although I still wasn't sure if I'd make it till the very end.</p><p></p><p>It got a few chuckles out of me courtesy of Olivia Colman at her raunchy best, and the climax (well, one of the many climaxes) at the scaled-down Sanford is probably the most inventive part of the whole film.</p><p>Overall, it does a good job in bringing together all the jokes in the explosive finale but that still doesn't save it from what had gone before.</p><p>Hot Fuzz was made 17 years ago and I like to take that into consideration.</p><p>In fact, it makes me wonder if it has been influential in the making of (then) future British productions, for example, the flashy style in the SHERLOCK 2010 series.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 403346, member: 8"] HOT FUZZ (2007) [ATTACH type="full"]53639[/ATTACH] [I]Midsomer Murders[/I] meets [I]The Naked Gun[/I] meets [I]Tarantino [/I]meets "mismatch cop buddies" meets....everything else. The two lead actors are supported by the qui-est-qui of British cinema in this no-holds-barred blockbuster, but I'm afraid it doesn't always live up to that description. To parody clichés doesn't necessarily make it less cliché, it needs to be done very cleverly to make it look new and fresh. The visual gags combined with the one-liner gags combined with the many oddball characters in an hysterical slasher-whodunit makes HOT FUZZ a very, very busy film that simply cannot commit itself to anything. My instinct was to fight the Fuzz and wishful-think it into one of the three great films hidden in this relentless cacophony, but that made the experience even more exhausting. After an hour or so I caved in and let the rest of the film roll by although I still wasn't sure if I'd make it till the very end. It got a few chuckles out of me courtesy of Olivia Colman at her raunchy best, and the climax (well, one of the many climaxes) at the scaled-down Sanford is probably the most inventive part of the whole film. Overall, it does a good job in bringing together all the jokes in the explosive finale but that still doesn't save it from what had gone before. Hot Fuzz was made 17 years ago and I like to take that into consideration. In fact, it makes me wonder if it has been influential in the making of (then) future British productions, for example, the flashy style in the SHERLOCK 2010 series. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top