Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 391149" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I did some background reading on wiki and I found it interesting to learn that sweet River's childhood was not that different from the role of obedient son of Harrison Ford's self-imposed cult leader The natives call him "Father" until they are converted by the other Father, and I kinda hoped it would end in a much more physical confrontation like it happened in THERE WILL BE BLOOD.</p><p></p><p>Martha Plimpton was River's future girlfriend, I don't know when that started because River as a 16 y/o male (and I always confuse his death with Kurt Cobain's) still looked very much like a child. She, of course, didn't.</p><p>I only knew her from THE GOOD WIFE and that brilliant Covid-made film MASS in which she plays opposite Ann Dowd who, incidentally, looks very much like Martha's MOSQUITO COAST mother.</p><p></p><p>I must say that it is a story that requires the viewer to buy into it from the very beginning. Some of it looks so bizarre that it could only happen in reality, and fiction is usually about believability which is not the same thing.</p><p>Considering the Spielbergfication of 1980s cinema it is probably not surprising that MOSQUITO wasn't a hit, and personally I think it would have fared better in the next decade or the decade after that.</p><p>Needless to say I couldn't help drawing the comparison between the Mosquito disaster and the explosion of KNOTS' Empire Valley with its unintentionally nasty side effect.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 391149, member: 8"] I did some background reading on wiki and I found it interesting to learn that sweet River's childhood was not that different from the role of obedient son of Harrison Ford's self-imposed cult leader The natives call him "Father" until they are converted by the other Father, and I kinda hoped it would end in a much more physical confrontation like it happened in THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Martha Plimpton was River's future girlfriend, I don't know when that started because River as a 16 y/o male (and I always confuse his death with Kurt Cobain's) still looked very much like a child. She, of course, didn't. I only knew her from THE GOOD WIFE and that brilliant Covid-made film MASS in which she plays opposite Ann Dowd who, incidentally, looks very much like Martha's MOSQUITO COAST mother. I must say that it is a story that requires the viewer to buy into it from the very beginning. Some of it looks so bizarre that it could only happen in reality, and fiction is usually about believability which is not the same thing. Considering the Spielbergfication of 1980s cinema it is probably not surprising that MOSQUITO wasn't a hit, and personally I think it would have fared better in the next decade or the decade after that. Needless to say I couldn't help drawing the comparison between the Mosquito disaster and the explosion of KNOTS' Empire Valley with its unintentionally nasty side effect. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top