Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DallasFanForever" data-source="post: 383390" data-attributes="member: 13221"><p>The Iron Claw (2023)</p><p></p><p>As an admitted fan of professional wrestling growing up I was excited for this one. I had really low expectations going in though. After all, it’s such a tragic story and probably not the kind of movie you want to watch on Christmas Eve. The rave reviews have surprised me considering movies like this usually don’t do very well with the critics. </p><p></p><p>I already knew the story of the famed Von Erich family. Five of six sons dying before the age of 33 cannot make for a happy ending, especially when three of those deaths were suicides. Nonetheless, it is an amazing story to watch as it unfolds, or perhaps unravels is the better word unfortunately. </p><p></p><p>This movie was very frustrating to watch. I found myself wanting to scream at the screen many times, wishing these young men would just get away from their overbearing father and seek some much needed help. But unfortunately mental health awareness wasn’t as prominent back then as it is now. This movie is terrific. Quite frankly I’d even see it again. There is definitely a lesson to be learned from it, but leaving a theatre in tears on Christmas Eve sure isn’t fun.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DallasFanForever, post: 383390, member: 13221"] The Iron Claw (2023) As an admitted fan of professional wrestling growing up I was excited for this one. I had really low expectations going in though. After all, it’s such a tragic story and probably not the kind of movie you want to watch on Christmas Eve. The rave reviews have surprised me considering movies like this usually don’t do very well with the critics. I already knew the story of the famed Von Erich family. Five of six sons dying before the age of 33 cannot make for a happy ending, especially when three of those deaths were suicides. Nonetheless, it is an amazing story to watch as it unfolds, or perhaps unravels is the better word unfortunately. This movie was very frustrating to watch. I found myself wanting to scream at the screen many times, wishing these young men would just get away from their overbearing father and seek some much needed help. But unfortunately mental health awareness wasn’t as prominent back then as it is now. This movie is terrific. Quite frankly I’d even see it again. There is definitely a lesson to be learned from it, but leaving a theatre in tears on Christmas Eve sure isn’t fun. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top