Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 383333" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I do applaud them for taking a cliffhanger route, which isn't seen a great deal in films these days, since serialisation is the domain of television. For me, I think they didn't go hard enough with it. If they're going to leave it up in the air, I want to be <u>obsessed</u> with the ending in the same way I used to be season finales of my favourite series. I want it to shock or stun me. At the very least, I want it to resonate so that I find myself wondering what happens next, but that hasn't happened yet and I suspect it's not going to as the film already begins to fade in my memory.</p><p></p><p>Because of the genre and the fact that it's a Marvel character, it's difficult not to compare it with the ending of<em> Infinity War, </em>which sets the bar insurmountably high. As an event, no superhero film is going to come anywhere close to that anytime soon.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I know what you mean. On paper, it's not the kind of Spider-Man film I'd want to watch. Despite the superheroics, powers and colourful villains, the Spidey I love is the friendly <u>neighbourhood</u> Spider-Man, and I usually find alternative realities and massive unexpected team-ups a bit of a turn-off.</p><p></p><p>I think it worked for me because there was still enough of the small stuff in there to make it feel authentic. Miles being grounded or being late for his father's speech is pure Spider-Man. And all the cameos and other Spider-Men and Women were lovingly done, with every one an Easter egg to fans. I'll definitely be back for the last one in due course to see how it wraps up.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 383333, member: 23"] I do applaud them for taking a cliffhanger route, which isn't seen a great deal in films these days, since serialisation is the domain of television. For me, I think they didn't go hard enough with it. If they're going to leave it up in the air, I want to be [U]obsessed[/U] with the ending in the same way I used to be season finales of my favourite series. I want it to shock or stun me. At the very least, I want it to resonate so that I find myself wondering what happens next, but that hasn't happened yet and I suspect it's not going to as the film already begins to fade in my memory. Because of the genre and the fact that it's a Marvel character, it's difficult not to compare it with the ending of[I] Infinity War, [/I]which sets the bar insurmountably high. As an event, no superhero film is going to come anywhere close to that anytime soon. I know what you mean. On paper, it's not the kind of Spider-Man film I'd want to watch. Despite the superheroics, powers and colourful villains, the Spidey I love is the friendly [U]neighbourhood[/U] Spider-Man, and I usually find alternative realities and massive unexpected team-ups a bit of a turn-off. I think it worked for me because there was still enough of the small stuff in there to make it feel authentic. Miles being grounded or being late for his father's speech is pure Spider-Man. And all the cameos and other Spider-Men and Women were lovingly done, with every one an Easter egg to fans. I'll definitely be back for the last one in due course to see how it wraps up. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top