Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 363979" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Two "easy target" films.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]45993[/ATTACH]</p><p>My face was like Anna Taylor-Joy's in this picture. It didn't move, not once. </p><p>It's too broad and well trodden to call it satire, and the shock moments didn't surprise me (let alone shock) - the cook who was good-but-never-great should have stripped and pooped instead of shooting himself. It's 2023 for heaven's sake, up the ante!</p><p>I only watched the first half because I couldn't care less what would happen next or what the ending would reveal. </p><p>The only highlight was OZARK's Janet McTeer.</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]45994[/ATTACH]</p><p>An easy target because it deals with the worst-case scenario: to lose a child. In this case the deaths occured because of a high school spree-killer, and the parents of one of the murdered students meet the parents of the murderer (the legal issues had already been dealt with, of course).</p><p>It is not an enjoyable film and it goes without saying that it's sad that a story like this "needs to be told", and yet I found it absolutely spellbinding to watch. There are the big moments but also lots of awkward small moments because the characters have no idea how to <em>do</em> this (and they shouldn't).</p><p>The performances by all four actors are frighteningly good and I'm tempted to say that it's so-brilliant-it's-awful. If that makes any sense.</p><p></p><p>I've cried a lot, especially during the last parts, and that's not a smart thing to do right before you go to bed because your eyes will look puffy in the morning. </p><p>I didn't think this was the kind of film I'd want to see again, but now, 24 hours later, I'm not sure about that anymore. It's just so very, very good.</p><p></p><p>Incidentally, actor Reed Birney stars in both films.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 363979, member: 8"] Two "easy target" films. [ATTACH type="full"]45993[/ATTACH] My face was like Anna Taylor-Joy's in this picture. It didn't move, not once. It's too broad and well trodden to call it satire, and the shock moments didn't surprise me (let alone shock) - the cook who was good-but-never-great should have stripped and pooped instead of shooting himself. It's 2023 for heaven's sake, up the ante! I only watched the first half because I couldn't care less what would happen next or what the ending would reveal. The only highlight was OZARK's Janet McTeer. [ATTACH type="full"]45994[/ATTACH] An easy target because it deals with the worst-case scenario: to lose a child. In this case the deaths occured because of a high school spree-killer, and the parents of one of the murdered students meet the parents of the murderer (the legal issues had already been dealt with, of course). It is not an enjoyable film and it goes without saying that it's sad that a story like this "needs to be told", and yet I found it absolutely spellbinding to watch. There are the big moments but also lots of awkward small moments because the characters have no idea how to [I]do[/I] this (and they shouldn't). The performances by all four actors are frighteningly good and I'm tempted to say that it's so-brilliant-it's-awful. If that makes any sense. I've cried a lot, especially during the last parts, and that's not a smart thing to do right before you go to bed because your eyes will look puffy in the morning. I didn't think this was the kind of film I'd want to see again, but now, 24 hours later, I'm not sure about that anymore. It's just so very, very good. Incidentally, actor Reed Birney stars in both films. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top