Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 348222" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]42209[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I wasn't exactly blown away by the first GODFATHER film but at least it was watchable enough. Perhaps Part II - which is widely considered an equal if not better cinematic masterpiece - could redeem my somewhat dissapointing introduction to this famous Mafia Trilogy.</p><p></p><p>Sometimes I'm being so very naive and optimistic it's almost endearing. Because this film sucks big time, and a very long big time at that.</p><p>The prequel part doesn't bother me except that it adds little to the narrative of the present time part of the film. I'm sure everyone's going to laugh at me when I say that Jackie Collins did a much better job with her CHANCES story.</p><p></p><p>Micheal's story isn't very original, in fact it's as old as the stories of medieval kings and the paranoia about treachery in the king's court, but that shouldn't stop GODFATHER II from being an exciting and intense film.</p><p>None of the characters are interesting or colourful enough to make them memorable, and I fail to see how any of this was a challenge to these gifted actors.</p><p>I don't have to like the characters but I need to care, and the confusing storyline certainly didn't help.</p><p>I'm not a history buff so I didn't really understand what was going on in Cuba and - more importantly - how it influenced the story for the Corleone family.</p><p>Then, all of sudden, the Corleones are being investigated by a senate committee because...because. Gee, it's not like there wasn't enough <em>time</em> to build up to this plot twist.</p><p>Lots of other stuff happens, or to be more precisely: are being discussed, and it all looks very random to me.</p><p></p><p>It's a drag of epic proportions BUT it is one of the most beautiful looking drags I've ever seen, especially all the location sceneries. And as I've said before, in 1970s cinema all that beauty almost looks casually done, as opposed to the "see what we did here?" attitude in many modern films and series.</p><p>Nevertheless, I would only recommend TGPII to my worst enemies.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 348222, member: 8"] [ATTACH type="full"]42209[/ATTACH] I wasn't exactly blown away by the first GODFATHER film but at least it was watchable enough. Perhaps Part II - which is widely considered an equal if not better cinematic masterpiece - could redeem my somewhat dissapointing introduction to this famous Mafia Trilogy. Sometimes I'm being so very naive and optimistic it's almost endearing. Because this film sucks big time, and a very long big time at that. The prequel part doesn't bother me except that it adds little to the narrative of the present time part of the film. I'm sure everyone's going to laugh at me when I say that Jackie Collins did a much better job with her CHANCES story. Micheal's story isn't very original, in fact it's as old as the stories of medieval kings and the paranoia about treachery in the king's court, but that shouldn't stop GODFATHER II from being an exciting and intense film. None of the characters are interesting or colourful enough to make them memorable, and I fail to see how any of this was a challenge to these gifted actors. I don't have to like the characters but I need to care, and the confusing storyline certainly didn't help. I'm not a history buff so I didn't really understand what was going on in Cuba and - more importantly - how it influenced the story for the Corleone family. Then, all of sudden, the Corleones are being investigated by a senate committee because...because. Gee, it's not like there wasn't enough [I]time[/I] to build up to this plot twist. Lots of other stuff happens, or to be more precisely: are being discussed, and it all looks very random to me. It's a drag of epic proportions BUT it is one of the most beautiful looking drags I've ever seen, especially all the location sceneries. And as I've said before, in 1970s cinema all that beauty almost looks casually done, as opposed to the "see what we did here?" attitude in many modern films and series. Nevertheless, I would only recommend TGPII to my worst enemies. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top