Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 324889" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>You're right, I heard it immediately at 0:51 and curiously it coincides with the name ANDERSON appearing on screen.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]37729[/ATTACH]</p><p>Oh dear, oh dear, I thought I was on a roll but apparently the pitfalls are still there.</p><p>The premise is interesting enough, maybe it could have been a modern epic, but it looks very rushed and cookie-cutter.</p><p>It's impossible for the characters to keep up with everything and all they can do is literally explain the events to make sure that the viewer knows they understand what's going on. And then the movie can do what it probably set out to do, show the creature and the jump scares.</p><p>Needless to say, there's nothing scary about those jump scares, it's only annoying and in most cases it doesn't even make sense that a certain situation would produce that kind of noise or any sound at all for that matter.</p><p></p><p>It's not completely unwatchable and good enough for a Hammer House Of Horror TV episode, but I think I'd feel a little embarrassed in the presence of other cinemagoers.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 324889, member: 8"] You're right, I heard it immediately at 0:51 and curiously it coincides with the name ANDERSON appearing on screen. [ATTACH type="full"]37729[/ATTACH] Oh dear, oh dear, I thought I was on a roll but apparently the pitfalls are still there. The premise is interesting enough, maybe it could have been a modern epic, but it looks very rushed and cookie-cutter. It's impossible for the characters to keep up with everything and all they can do is literally explain the events to make sure that the viewer knows they understand what's going on. And then the movie can do what it probably set out to do, show the creature and the jump scares. Needless to say, there's nothing scary about those jump scares, it's only annoying and in most cases it doesn't even make sense that a certain situation would produce that kind of noise or any sound at all for that matter. It's not completely unwatchable and good enough for a Hammer House Of Horror TV episode, but I think I'd feel a little embarrassed in the presence of other cinemagoers. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top