Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 321641" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I watched this last year but I didn't enjoy it as much as you did. </p><p></p><p>I agree it's visually stunning although at time I felt the CGI was a bit too overused to the point where it was so distracting while watching I was identify which bits I thought were CGI and which bits were real. </p><p></p><p>I recently saw <em>Belfast </em>and was very complimentary about Kenneth Branagh's direction but in this film it seemed like he was trying too hard, going for more complex set ups and camera angles when something more straightforward would have been more effective. I was unsure about his interpretation of Poirot too. The moustache was almost as cartoonish than the CGI he used in the film and I felt his accent was overdone and dare I say at times I felt he was also overacting. The itself film lacked the tension and intrigue of the Albert Finney version and I didn't think it did justice to the story, in fact it made it feel a bit old fashioned. </p><p></p><p>Coincidentally, I'm planning to watch <em>Death On The Nile</em> tonight because I think it's a great story and I'm curious to see if Mr Branagh can do a better job with it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 321641, member: 33"] I watched this last year but I didn't enjoy it as much as you did. I agree it's visually stunning although at time I felt the CGI was a bit too overused to the point where it was so distracting while watching I was identify which bits I thought were CGI and which bits were real. I recently saw [I]Belfast [/I]and was very complimentary about Kenneth Branagh's direction but in this film it seemed like he was trying too hard, going for more complex set ups and camera angles when something more straightforward would have been more effective. I was unsure about his interpretation of Poirot too. The moustache was almost as cartoonish than the CGI he used in the film and I felt his accent was overdone and dare I say at times I felt he was also overacting. The itself film lacked the tension and intrigue of the Albert Finney version and I didn't think it did justice to the story, in fact it made it feel a bit old fashioned. Coincidentally, I'm planning to watch [I]Death On The Nile[/I] tonight because I think it's a great story and I'm curious to see if Mr Branagh can do a better job with it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top