Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 319328" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I know what you mean but maybe for different reasons or maybe the same, I'm not sure. This was also the last X-Men film I watched in the original run and I bailed on anything that came later because I just didn't like the shift to younger actors, especially for Magneto and Xavier. I normally like Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, and it's not like they are bad in this film, but neither have the screen presence of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and they just came across to me as second rate substitutes. That said, if I had to choose younger actors to play the part, I would be hard pushed to pick better ones for the characters but I just couldn't buy into a prequel after becoming so attached to the original cast. The story itself, and the film overall, wasn't bad.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 319328, member: 33"] I know what you mean but maybe for different reasons or maybe the same, I'm not sure. This was also the last X-Men film I watched in the original run and I bailed on anything that came later because I just didn't like the shift to younger actors, especially for Magneto and Xavier. I normally like Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, and it's not like they are bad in this film, but neither have the screen presence of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and they just came across to me as second rate substitutes. That said, if I had to choose younger actors to play the part, I would be hard pushed to pick better ones for the characters but I just couldn't buy into a prequel after becoming so attached to the original cast. The story itself, and the film overall, wasn't bad. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top