Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 319210" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I was surprised how much I enjoyed it as I wasn't a particular fan of the character in the comics, but in hindsight I think that helped. The period setting was wonderful as well. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>As [USER=5079]@Crimson[/USER] will tell you, I struggled with the action and fight sequences in so many of the MCU films - especially early on. For a while I thought I wasn't going to get over it, but I think the Marvel films got really good at doing the action in ways that created interest. That's part of the reason why I loved <em>The Winter Soldier</em> so much. It had the plot and character development you mentioned, but it was possibly the first MCU film where I actually <u><em>enjoyed</em></u> the action sequences as much as the bits in between. It was as close as the series got to Bond/Bourne<em>/Mission Impossible</em> which is the kind of action I enjoy. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That's probably a good idea. Although it continues from the first film, it also stands on its own and without too many complexities from other films so it's easy to enjoy as a standalone film.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 319210, member: 23"] I was surprised how much I enjoyed it as I wasn't a particular fan of the character in the comics, but in hindsight I think that helped. The period setting was wonderful as well. As [USER=5079]@Crimson[/USER] will tell you, I struggled with the action and fight sequences in so many of the MCU films - especially early on. For a while I thought I wasn't going to get over it, but I think the Marvel films got really good at doing the action in ways that created interest. That's part of the reason why I loved [I]The Winter Soldier[/I] so much. It had the plot and character development you mentioned, but it was possibly the first MCU film where I actually [U][I]enjoyed[/I][/U] the action sequences as much as the bits in between. It was as close as the series got to Bond/Bourne[I]/Mission Impossible[/I] which is the kind of action I enjoy. That's probably a good idea. Although it continues from the first film, it also stands on its own and without too many complexities from other films so it's easy to enjoy as a standalone film. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top