Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 310180" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]33841[/ATTACH]</p><p>I finished watching this movie just a few minutes ago and I think it's....bizarre, but not necessarily in a bad way.</p><p>Narrative-wise it's a bit all over the place, it builds up and tones down again and again only to have it end in a rather underwhelming way.</p><p></p><p>But it works as a sexy, Gothic guilty pleasure with lots of wickedness and a few surprisingly endearing moments.</p><p>I think the best way to watch this movie is to gobble it up and not think too much of it.</p><p>Clint Eastwood is great as the scheming charmer although it's a characteristic I'd normally associate with men from The South because the South has the bastards and the devious Southern belles, isn't that correct?</p><p>Either way he's very handsome and I wish he had shown more flesh.</p><p>The group of female characters has all the stereotypes: the "hag" with a dirty secret, the tramp, the Jane Eyre, the slave who had killed her master (deservedly so) but there's also a Laura Ingalls type who becomes instrumental in the fate of Johnny McBurney. She's creepier than Damien Thorn.</p><p>And speaking of creepy and sensational, that kiss between her and Clint Eastwood sure got me invested from the very beginning.</p><p></p><p>I had never heard of this movie until [USER=68]@Alexis[/USER] mentioned it on this forum, a few years ago I think? Thanks again!</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]7e4JXwd7XMo[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 310180, member: 8"] [ATTACH type="full"]33841[/ATTACH] I finished watching this movie just a few minutes ago and I think it's....bizarre, but not necessarily in a bad way. Narrative-wise it's a bit all over the place, it builds up and tones down again and again only to have it end in a rather underwhelming way. But it works as a sexy, Gothic guilty pleasure with lots of wickedness and a few surprisingly endearing moments. I think the best way to watch this movie is to gobble it up and not think too much of it. Clint Eastwood is great as the scheming charmer although it's a characteristic I'd normally associate with men from The South because the South has the bastards and the devious Southern belles, isn't that correct? Either way he's very handsome and I wish he had shown more flesh. The group of female characters has all the stereotypes: the "hag" with a dirty secret, the tramp, the Jane Eyre, the slave who had killed her master (deservedly so) but there's also a Laura Ingalls type who becomes instrumental in the fate of Johnny McBurney. She's creepier than Damien Thorn. And speaking of creepy and sensational, that kiss between her and Clint Eastwood sure got me invested from the very beginning. I had never heard of this movie until [USER=68]@Alexis[/USER] mentioned it on this forum, a few years ago I think? Thanks again! [MEDIA=youtube]7e4JXwd7XMo[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top