Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 271521" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><span style="font-size: 22px">Aquaman</span></strong> (2018)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]WDkg3h8PCVU[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Despite my comics reading childhood, Aquaman was a character who - other than some regular appearances in the JLA - mostly passed me by. He just never interested me in the way that many of his peers did. I really wasn't sure I wanted to watch a two and a half hour film about the character.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">There was lots I really enjoyed. I found the origin and backstory interesting enough and I mostly liked the world created. And Willem Dafoe is in it, so there's that.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">I wasn't so keen on the abundance of CGI which made it feel far too much like a video game at times. Then there were the roaring sharks! And the Atlanteans all having broad American accents (the actor playing the brother who looked like Draco Malfoy had teen drama delivery. Mera's accent was not only off-puttingly rhotic, it was accompanied by Kardashian vocal fry. Not at all how I'd long imagined this regal princess would sound).</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Oh, and when I paused the film for a pee break the cast names came up on screen, and I realised the woman playing Mera was Amber <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9SvQSMnoE" target="_blank">"No-one is going to believe that" </a>Heard. Which made it difficult to fully enjoy the rest of the film.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 271521, member: 23"] [CENTER][B][SIZE=6]Aquaman[/SIZE][/B] (2018) [MEDIA=youtube]WDkg3h8PCVU[/MEDIA] Despite my comics reading childhood, Aquaman was a character who - other than some regular appearances in the JLA - mostly passed me by. He just never interested me in the way that many of his peers did. I really wasn't sure I wanted to watch a two and a half hour film about the character. There was lots I really enjoyed. I found the origin and backstory interesting enough and I mostly liked the world created. And Willem Dafoe is in it, so there's that. I wasn't so keen on the abundance of CGI which made it feel far too much like a video game at times. Then there were the roaring sharks! And the Atlanteans all having broad American accents (the actor playing the brother who looked like Draco Malfoy had teen drama delivery. Mera's accent was not only off-puttingly rhotic, it was accompanied by Kardashian vocal fry. Not at all how I'd long imagined this regal princess would sound). Oh, and when I paused the film for a pee break the cast names came up on screen, and I realised the woman playing Mera was Amber [URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9SvQSMnoE']"No-one is going to believe that" [/URL]Heard. Which made it difficult to fully enjoy the rest of the film.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top