Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 271359" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><span style="font-size: 22px">Shazam!</span></strong> (2019)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]go6GEIrcvFY[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">(AKA the <u>original</u> Captain Marvel)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">I kept expectations low for this one, but really enjoyed it. Surprisingly, the best thing about it was the teenage actors playing the kids. I really liked the whole foster family setup and the school scenes. Zachary Levi as Captain Marvel was funny enough, but he also got a bit wearing at times, playing it broadly like an American sitcom. The villain wasn't particularly interesting and I thought the actor had little screen presence. An hour after watching I struggle to remember a single thing he said or did.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">The foster theme made it kind of like a superheroic <em>Home and Away</em>. Combined with the body switch of<em> Freaky Friday</em> or <em>Big</em>.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, she's brilliant. I'm overdue a rewatch of her four Marple films. And I also stumbled upon a film about her life story on Prime which I'm hoping to watch soon.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 271359, member: 23"] [CENTER][B][SIZE=6]Shazam![/SIZE][/B] (2019) [MEDIA=youtube]go6GEIrcvFY[/MEDIA] (AKA the [U]original[/U] Captain Marvel) I kept expectations low for this one, but really enjoyed it. Surprisingly, the best thing about it was the teenage actors playing the kids. I really liked the whole foster family setup and the school scenes. Zachary Levi as Captain Marvel was funny enough, but he also got a bit wearing at times, playing it broadly like an American sitcom. The villain wasn't particularly interesting and I thought the actor had little screen presence. An hour after watching I struggle to remember a single thing he said or did. The foster theme made it kind of like a superheroic [I]Home and Away[/I]. Combined with the body switch of[I] Freaky Friday[/I] or [I]Big[/I]. [/CENTER] Yes, she's brilliant. I'm overdue a rewatch of her four Marple films. And I also stumbled upon a film about her life story on Prime which I'm hoping to watch soon. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top