Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 269507" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><span style="font-size: 22px">Dark Tide</span></strong> (2012)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]0ipC-bjnH4A[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">My first time with this. I'd procrastinated around viewing it, partly because the reviews are terrible, but I'm glad I kept a healthy dose of scepticism about them.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">It wasn't such a bad film in my opinion. Certainly not deserving of the battering it seems to have taken from critics and viewers. It seems it's often fashionable to criticise Halle Berry's acting or choices of vehicle. Sometimes that may be warranted, but neither is the case here. She's fine in the role and the film itself</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">It's far from your typical "shark film", which perhaps explains why some were disappointed. If you're expecting fast-paced glossy thrills with a shark attack every seven minutes you'll be disappointed. The shark sequences use real Great Whites as far as I can tell and are documentary-like. The sharks aren't mindless beasts that attack left, right and centre. They're not even particularly interested in the people and their boat until they're attracted. It just happens that some people insist on behaving in ways that invite an attack.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">I liked that the film credits ended with a few facts about sharks, with a proper perspective about the low threat level to humans, the huge threat to sharks from man and the shark's crucial role in maintaining healthy oceans.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 269507, member: 23"] [CENTER][B][SIZE=6]Dark Tide[/SIZE][/B] (2012) [MEDIA=youtube]0ipC-bjnH4A[/MEDIA] My first time with this. I'd procrastinated around viewing it, partly because the reviews are terrible, but I'm glad I kept a healthy dose of scepticism about them. It wasn't such a bad film in my opinion. Certainly not deserving of the battering it seems to have taken from critics and viewers. It seems it's often fashionable to criticise Halle Berry's acting or choices of vehicle. Sometimes that may be warranted, but neither is the case here. She's fine in the role and the film itself It's far from your typical "shark film", which perhaps explains why some were disappointed. If you're expecting fast-paced glossy thrills with a shark attack every seven minutes you'll be disappointed. The shark sequences use real Great Whites as far as I can tell and are documentary-like. The sharks aren't mindless beasts that attack left, right and centre. They're not even particularly interested in the people and their boat until they're attracted. It just happens that some people insist on behaving in ways that invite an attack. I liked that the film credits ended with a few facts about sharks, with a proper perspective about the low threat level to humans, the huge threat to sharks from man and the shark's crucial role in maintaining healthy oceans.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top