Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 260132" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I didn't actively hate it, but I found all the characters unlikeable and could see the endless "twists" coming from a mile away. I also had trouble telling most of the actresses apart. With one or two exceptions it was just a sea of smart-talking bitchy brunette clones. And ditto the swathe of generic brunette men. At some point I just glazed over and didn't really care (which is perhaps a bigger sin than being bad enough to hate).</p><p></p><p>It's possibly a victim of the era in which it's made. Slashers were expected to be cleverer and with post-modern twists, which not many writers can pull off. And by this point it had all been done.</p><p></p><p>I suppose it's no worse than many other films of its genre and time. It has all the usual ingredients: the cheap jumps; the gory deaths, etc. If I was part of the demographic it's aimed at when I'd first watched it (I'm guessing 16-25 year olds) I may well view it fondly.</p><p></p><p>I've never seen the original, but I have it saved in Prime to watch at some point, along with a Rifftrax audio commentary version (if it warrants a commentary that pokes fun at it, I'm assuming it's probably pretty bad).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 260132, member: 23"] I didn't actively hate it, but I found all the characters unlikeable and could see the endless "twists" coming from a mile away. I also had trouble telling most of the actresses apart. With one or two exceptions it was just a sea of smart-talking bitchy brunette clones. And ditto the swathe of generic brunette men. At some point I just glazed over and didn't really care (which is perhaps a bigger sin than being bad enough to hate). It's possibly a victim of the era in which it's made. Slashers were expected to be cleverer and with post-modern twists, which not many writers can pull off. And by this point it had all been done. I suppose it's no worse than many other films of its genre and time. It has all the usual ingredients: the cheap jumps; the gory deaths, etc. If I was part of the demographic it's aimed at when I'd first watched it (I'm guessing 16-25 year olds) I may well view it fondly. I've never seen the original, but I have it saved in Prime to watch at some point, along with a Rifftrax audio commentary version (if it warrants a commentary that pokes fun at it, I'm assuming it's probably pretty bad). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top