Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 243313" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><em>Friday The 13th</em></strong> (1980)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]4d98TGcx15Q[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Another one I haven't watched for some years. What struck me this time is the lack of immersion one feels when watching compared with the other slashers I've watched recently. There's no real suspense, little intensity and only low level feeling of unease. And the death set pieces lose their potency after the first watch so the viewer ends up watching them with detached half interest.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">It is fun, though. The scenery - from the small New Jersey township to the young people in swimwear - is attractive. Harry Manfredini's music - with its iconic "ki ki ki ma ma ma" motif - creates a nice atmosphere, as does the storm raging outside while the counsellors are getting cosy inside. Betsy Palmer - when she finally appears - elevates the film by giving it meaning and a degree of truth. And the film's one big jump - even when I know it's coming - gets me every time.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 243313, member: 23"] [CENTER][B][I]Friday The 13th[/I][/B] (1980) [MEDIA=youtube]4d98TGcx15Q[/MEDIA] Another one I haven't watched for some years. What struck me this time is the lack of immersion one feels when watching compared with the other slashers I've watched recently. There's no real suspense, little intensity and only low level feeling of unease. And the death set pieces lose their potency after the first watch so the viewer ends up watching them with detached half interest. It is fun, though. The scenery - from the small New Jersey township to the young people in swimwear - is attractive. Harry Manfredini's music - with its iconic "ki ki ki ma ma ma" motif - creates a nice atmosphere, as does the storm raging outside while the counsellors are getting cosy inside. Betsy Palmer - when she finally appears - elevates the film by giving it meaning and a degree of truth. And the film's one big jump - even when I know it's coming - gets me every time.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top