Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 217073" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><em>Chappaquidick</em></strong> (2018)</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]qG-c8DtOm9g[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">I'd read a fair bit about the incident over the years, so there were no big surprises. Still, there's something about seeing it acted out that gets the information across in a different way, particularly with reference to others who were involved. Kennedy Cousin Joe Gargan and Paul Markham most of all. I hadn't really been that conscious of them before watching, despite seeing their names crop up occasionally.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">The film led me into a bit of a Google wormhole, reading about the Kennedy family, and I was very moved by reading about poor Rosemary's tragic life, made worse by the choices of her tyrannical father. Just shocking.</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Serendipitously, a very young Ted Kennedy appeared in an episode of <em>Brass</em> I watched this evening, extorting a pound from Morris Hardacre. He was warned that his behaviour was going to get him into trouble, and Morris called over a friend whom he ordered to "Give the chap a quid, Dick.".</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 217073, member: 23"] [CENTER][B][I]Chappaquidick[/I][/B] (2018) [MEDIA=youtube]qG-c8DtOm9g[/MEDIA] I'd read a fair bit about the incident over the years, so there were no big surprises. Still, there's something about seeing it acted out that gets the information across in a different way, particularly with reference to others who were involved. Kennedy Cousin Joe Gargan and Paul Markham most of all. I hadn't really been that conscious of them before watching, despite seeing their names crop up occasionally. The film led me into a bit of a Google wormhole, reading about the Kennedy family, and I was very moved by reading about poor Rosemary's tragic life, made worse by the choices of her tyrannical father. Just shocking. Serendipitously, a very young Ted Kennedy appeared in an episode of [I]Brass[/I] I watched this evening, extorting a pound from Morris Hardacre. He was warned that his behaviour was going to get him into trouble, and Morris called over a friend whom he ordered to "Give the chap a quid, Dick.".[/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top