Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 196687" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I have a similar Christmas tradition but different in that I alternate between rewatching <em>Miracle on 34th Street </em>and <em>It's A Wonderful Life</em> each year and for additional variety, I alternate between the original black and white release of those films and newer colourised versions.</p><p></p><p>However, this year I've decided to change that tradition and add a third film to my Christmas viewing rota and tomorrow I'll be watching the 1951 version of <em>Scrooge</em>, starring Alastair Sim, starting with the black and white version and will watch the colourised one in 3 years time. (I have a copy of both versions of all 3 films).</p><p></p><p>I agree with your comments about <em>Miracle on 34th Street.</em> One of the great things about the film is that it never establishes whether or not the man who called himself Kris Kringle was in fact the real Santa Claus or just thought he was because what was important was that people <em>believed</em> he was Santa.</p><p></p><p>I would add that in some ways it can be viewed as a metaphor for the Christian faith in that we can't prove that Jesus is the son of God but for Christians it's important to believe he is. Christmas is about belief in sonething as much (if not more) as it's about the facts.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 196687, member: 33"] I have a similar Christmas tradition but different in that I alternate between rewatching [I]Miracle on 34th Street [/I]and [I]It's A Wonderful Life[/I] each year and for additional variety, I alternate between the original black and white release of those films and newer colourised versions. However, this year I've decided to change that tradition and add a third film to my Christmas viewing rota and tomorrow I'll be watching the 1951 version of [I]Scrooge[/I], starring Alastair Sim, starting with the black and white version and will watch the colourised one in 3 years time. (I have a copy of both versions of all 3 films). I agree with your comments about [I]Miracle on 34th Street.[/I] One of the great things about the film is that it never establishes whether or not the man who called himself Kris Kringle was in fact the real Santa Claus or just thought he was because what was important was that people [I]believed[/I] he was Santa. I would add that in some ways it can be viewed as a metaphor for the Christian faith in that we can't prove that Jesus is the son of God but for Christians it's important to believe he is. Christmas is about belief in sonething as much (if not more) as it's about the facts. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top