Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Michael Torrance" data-source="post: 154411" data-attributes="member: 719"><p>Funny, I had the exact same reaction when I first saw the movie. I have read the novel, and Andre Aciman's writing is astounding. When I first watched the movie, I was thinking it wasn't even apparent they were falling in love. </p><p>Then I watched it a second time on the plane, and I actually came to appreciate it as a period piece of early 80s (it reminded me so much of my 80s teenage years, down to the italo-disco) and on its own terms, separate from the novel. Now, the novel is a masterpiece and the movie is above average (there are also some terrible edits) so there is still no comparison.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Michael Torrance, post: 154411, member: 719"] Funny, I had the exact same reaction when I first saw the movie. I have read the novel, and Andre Aciman's writing is astounding. When I first watched the movie, I was thinking it wasn't even apparent they were falling in love. Then I watched it a second time on the plane, and I actually came to appreciate it as a period piece of early 80s (it reminded me so much of my 80s teenage years, down to the italo-disco) and on its own terms, separate from the novel. Now, the novel is a masterpiece and the movie is above average (there are also some terrible edits) so there is still no comparison. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top