Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 153467" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]15363[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>The only reason I added it to my netflix list is because I'm a sucker for parallel universes and Fake Places.</p><p>It's not very comical or very romantic or very spoof-y (because the lead character knows she's in SpoofLand) so I don't think anyone is going love or hate it.</p><p>I actually had a few laughs and they did some clever things like "no sex scenes" in RomCom movies.</p><p>The obligatory musical scenes were supposed to be cheesy and cringey but really only in the story because the movie wants to have its cake and eat it (which is also acknowledged, of course).</p><p>Either way I rather enjoyed watching Liam Hemsworth singing Madonna's <em>Express Yourself </em>but I'm afraid I can't say the same of Jennifer Saunders' painfully unfunny cameo*.</p><p></p><p>*unless it was supposed to be unfunny - in that case the joke is on me.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 153467, member: 8"] [ATTACH=full]15363[/ATTACH] The only reason I added it to my netflix list is because I'm a sucker for parallel universes and Fake Places. It's not very comical or very romantic or very spoof-y (because the lead character knows she's in SpoofLand) so I don't think anyone is going love or hate it. I actually had a few laughs and they did some clever things like "no sex scenes" in RomCom movies. The obligatory musical scenes were supposed to be cheesy and cringey but really only in the story because the movie wants to have its cake and eat it (which is also acknowledged, of course). Either way I rather enjoyed watching Liam Hemsworth singing Madonna's [I]Express Yourself [/I]but I'm afraid I can't say the same of Jennifer Saunders' painfully unfunny cameo*. *unless it was supposed to be unfunny - in that case the joke is on me. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top